Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,433   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 336
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questionnaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questionnaire

Hi to all Tom Bihn fans and customers!
    My name is Nicole and I've been with Tom Bihn for almost two years now, working at the Seattle Store location. Recently I have been working on a project to determine the need and likely success of opening a Tom Bihn retail location somewhere outside of the United States. I have devised the following survey which will help address some of the issues which we must struggle with when deciding whether or not to go abroad. If you could take the time to fill this out (particularly non U.S. residents, but U.S. residents please feel free to fill it out as well!) your time and effort will be greatly appreciated! Also, don't hesitate to get in contact with me via my email address ([email protected]) if you have any additional questions/comments/concerns or suggestions!
    Thanks!
    Nicole

(Probably the easiest way to get your replies to me is to reply to this post and put your answers in the reply, but I have also attached the questionnaire as a word document to this file, which you could download, fill out and then repost or email to me at the address above.)

Demographic information

I am: MALE, FEMALE

Country of Residence:

1)How often do you purchase products online? (Please select one.)
    0-2 times a month, 3-5 times a month, 5 or more times a month

2)Of how many times you purchased products online, how many times did you need to return the product because you were dissatisfied? (Please select one.)
    0 times, 1 time, 2 times, 3 times, 4 or more times

3) How often do you make purchases online that will be shipped to you from outside your home
    country? (Please select one.)

0 times a month, 1-2 times a month, 3 or more times

4)Do you feel less secure when placing an order online that will be shipped to you from outside your home country? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent

5)When making purchases from outside your home country, would it be more convenient if the products’ price included VAT/GST taxes? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent

6)Would you be more willing to make a purchase that will ship to you from outside your home country if VAT/GST taxes were included in the product’s price? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent

7)What are your major deterrents for making purchases online, either national or international? (Please select all that apply.)
    I have no deterrents
    Shipping Costs
    Taxes, customs, and border fees
    Hesitant to use credit card online
    Inability to see product first hand
    Other? (please explain)

8) What is the maximum percentage of your product order total that you would expect to pay for international shipping? (Example: If shipping cost is 40% shipping on a $100 order total would cost $40.) (Please write in a percentage.)
    On orders up to $30 in product

On orders up to $70 in product

On orders up to $100 in product

On orders up to $150 in product

On orders up to $250 in product

On orders of $250 or more in product

9) If shipping were more economical on larger orders, would you be likely to have friends and family place orders together to save on shipping costs? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent

10)Have you purchased a Tom Bihn product before? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No

11)If yes, was the purchase made online? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No

12)If you have purchased a Tom Bihn product online would you have preferred to make the purchase in a retail store location? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent

13)If no, what deters you from purchasing a Tom Bihn product? (Please select all that apply.)
    Price
    Shipping Costs
    Taxes, customs and border fees
    Products do not meet my needs
    Other? (please explain)

14)Would you be more likely to purchase a Tom Bihn product if you could see the product first hand? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent

15)Would you like to see a Tom Bihn retail store open outside of the United States? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent

16)If yes, where would you like the store to be located?
    Last edited by Darcy; 03-15-2005, 03:48 PM.

Re: Questionnaire

Originally posted by Nicole
    My name is Nicole and I've been with Tom Bihn for almost two years now, working at the Seattle Store location. Recently I have been working on a project to determine the need and likely success of opening a Tom Bihn retail location somewhere outside of the United States. I have devised the following survey which will help address some of the issues which we must struggle with when deciding whether or not to go abroad. If you could take the time to fill this out (particularly non U.S. residents, but U.S. residents please feel free to fill it out as well!) your time and effort will be greatly appreciated! Also, don't hesitate to get in contact with me via my email address ([email protected]) if you have any additional questions/comments/concerns or suggestions!
    Thanks!
    Nicole

(Probably the easiest way to get your replies to me is to reply to this post and put your answers in the reply, but I have also attached the questionnaire as a word document to this file, which you could download, fill out and then repost or email to me at the address above.)

Demographic information

Male
    26-35

Country of Residence:
    Norway
    0-2 times a month
    2)Of how many times you purchased products online, how many times did you need to return the product because you were dissatisfied? (Please select one.)
    1 time
    3) How often do you make purchases online that will be shipped to you from outside your home

1-2 times a month
    4)Do you feel less secure when placing an order online that will be shipped to you from outside your home country? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent
    Yes
    5)When making purchases from outside your home country, would it be more convenient if the products’ price included VAT/GST taxes? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent
    No
    6)Would you be more willing to make a purchase that will ship to you from outside your home country if VAT/GST taxes were included in the product’s price? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent
    Indifferent
    7)What are your major deterrents for making purchases online, either national or international? (Please select all that apply.)
    I have no deterrents
    Shipping Costs
    Other? (please explain)
    Shipping costs and delay of delivery compared to retail shop.
    Customs and border fees and delays in case of international purchases.
    8) What is the maximum percentage of your product order total that you would expect to pay for international shipping? (Example: If shipping cost is 40% shipping on a $100 order total would cost $40.) (Please write in a percentage.)

No more than 20% on any purchases preferably, which generally rules out the smaller purchases.
    9) If shipping were more economical on larger orders, would you be likely to have friends and family place orders together to save on shipping costs? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent
    Yes
    Yes, No
    Yes
    Yes, No
    Yes
    12)If you have purchased a Tom Bihn product online would you have preferred to make the purchase in a retail store location? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent
    If the alternative was international shipping probably yes.
    13)If no, what deters you from purchasing a Tom Bihn product? (Please select all that apply.)
    Price
    Shipping Costs
    Other? (please explain)

14)Would you be more likely to purchase a Tom Bihn product if you could see the product first hand? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent
    Probably yes.
    15)Would you like to see a Tom Bihn retail store open outside of the United States? (Please select one.)
    Yes, No, Indifferent
    Yes
    Norway
    If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate!

Comment

I am: FEMALE

Country of Residence: Canada

1) 3-5 times a month

2) 0 times

3) 1-2 times a month (Approximately, more like 1-2 times per 3 months)

4) Yes

5) Yes

6) Indifferent

7) Shipping Costs
      Other: Shipping Times

8) Anything over 15% is high

9) No

10) Yes

11) Yes

12) Yes

13) n/a

14) Yes

15) Yes! Yes! Yes!

16) Toronto!

Comment

Thanks for the Replies so far

Thanks to everyone who's posted or sent me a reply to the questionnaire so far! I can still use many more responses though, so if you get an itching to kill a few minutes for a good cause don't hesitate to fill it out!

Thanks!

Nicole

Comment

Demographic information

Female, 26-35
          Country of Residence:
          USA
          3-5 times a month
          1 time

1-2 times a month
          Yes, No, Indifferent
          No
          Yes, No, Indifferent
          Yes
          Yes, No, Indifferent
          Indifferent
          I have no deterrents
          Shipping Costs
          Other? (please explain)
          Shipping Costs (Alaska has high shipping costs, and generally people refuse to mail to us)

Yes, No, Indifferent
          Indifferent

Yes, No
          Yes

Yes, No
          Yes
          Yes, No, Indifferent
          No, you all have marvelous specs online, it helps me decide.

Price
          Shipping Costs
          Other? (please explain)

Yes, No, Indifferent
          Yes

Yes, No, Indifferent

Indifferent
          1 {Grape Buzz} 1 {Crimson Smart Alec w/Freudian Slip}
          1 {Mocha medium Cafe Bag w/optional waist straps}
          1 {Steel/Wasabi ID bag w/horizontal Wasabi brain cell}
          3 {organizer pouches} and one Aeronaut on order. Sig's getting so big I'm considering removing it.

Comment

Thanks~!

Thanks for posting your response! The information is really useful when looking at how to best service our online customers!

Comment

leefc

Thanks!
              Nicole

Demographic information

Male

26-35

Country of Residence:

USA

0-2 times a month

2 times,

1-2 times a month

Yes, No, Indifferent

Yes

Yes, No, Indifferent

Yes

Yes, No, Indifferent

Indifferent

I have no deterrents
              Shipping Costs
              Other? (please explain)

20%

20%

20%

10%

10%

10%

Yes, No, Indifferent

No

Yes, No

No

Yes, No

Yes, No, Indifferent

Price
              Shipping Costs
              Other? (please explain)

Other, somewhat overpriced for not being able to see first hand and relative to competition

Yes, No, Indifferent

Yes

Yes, No, Indifferent

Indifferent

Comment

Nicole,

I just noticed the questionnaire. I did not find the word document; did I miss it or did you forget to inlude?

Wladimir
                Wladimir Zalozieckyj Sas
                Vienna, Austria

Apple Powerbook G4 and MacBook Pro, which both feel comfortable in
                a Brain Cell inside a Super Ego or in the Brain Bag

Comment

Hey Wladimir! I sent you an email about this, my email address is included but you can simply just reply to it to send me your answers to the questionnaire. I appreciate you filling this out and I'm sorry it's caused you so much trouble!

Comment

Hey Wladimir! I sent you an email about this, my email address is included but you can simply just reply to it to send me your answers to the questionnaire. I appreciate you filling this out and I'm sorry it's caused you so much trouble!
                    Hi Nicole, you got my answers in the meantime. It would be great if you would open a shop within the European Union, so that tax etc. would not be a problem when mail ordering.

Have a nice summer,
                    Wladimir
                    Wladimir Zalozieckyj Sas
                    Vienna, Austria

Apple Powerbook G4 and MacBook Pro, which both feel comfortable in
                    a Brain Cell inside a Super Ego or in the Brain Bag

Comment

Demographic information

Male

26-35

Country of Residence:

USA

5 or more times a month

Usually 0 times, once as many as 2 times.

1 time a month

Yes

Yes

Yes

Shipping Costs

20%

20%

25%

25%

15%

10%

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Indifferent

16)If yes, where would you like the store to be located?[/QUOTE]

Comment

I am: MALE, FEMALE MALE

Country of Residence: US

3-5 times a month

2)Of how many times you purchased products online, how many times did you need to return the product because you were dissatisfied? (Please select one.) 1 time

0 times a month

4)Do you feel less secure when placing an order online that will be shipped to you from outside your home country? (Please select one.) Indifferent

5)When making purchases from outside your home country, would it be more convenient if the products’ price included VAT/GST taxes? (Please select one.) Indifferent

6)Would you be more willing to make a purchase that will ship to you from outside your home country if VAT/GST taxes were included in the product’s price? (Please select one.) Indifferent

Shipping Costs

On orders up to $30 in product - $10
                        On orders up to $70 in product - $10
                        On orders up to $100 in product - $20
                        On orders up to $150 in product - $20
                        On orders up to $250 in product - $30
                        On orders of $250 or more in product - $30

9) If shipping were more economical on larger orders, would you be likely to have friends and family place orders together to save on shipping costs? (Please select one.) No

10)Have you purchased a Tom Bihn product before? (Please select one.) No (about to)

N/A

12)If you have purchased a Tom Bihn product online would you have preferred to make the purchase in a retail store location? (Please select one.) Yes

14)Would you be more likely to purchase a Tom Bihn product if you could see the product first hand? (Please select one.) Yes

15)Would you like to see a Tom Bihn retail store open outside of the United States? (Please select one.) Indifferent

16)If yes, where would you like the store to be located? N/A

Comment

survey

Country of Residence: usa

3-5 times a month

2 times

1-2 times a month

No

Yes

Yes

I have no deterrents
                          (few European merchants have even heard of a returns policy)

10%
                          15%
                          20%
                          20%
                          20%
                          15%
                          9) If shipping were more economical on larger orders, would you be likely to have friends and family place orders together to save on shipping costs?
                          No

Yes

Yes

Indifferent

Other? design

Indifferent

Yes

Copenhagen/Berlin

Comment

Xenicon: If I may be so bold as to ask, why do you want a retail store in Berlin or Copenhagen. I'm curious since it seems like such an odd suggestion, seeing as you live in US yourself ?

Cobos

Edit: Evil typo go away!
                            If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate!

Comment

not odd at all

Postal systems of Denmark and Germany first rate and unlike the Med where you may not need a rugged weatherproof bag- you do in Berlin and Copenhagen.
                              I can't imagine arguing with a customs inspector in Paris. Ouf!
                              London? might as well be Brooklyn.

Comment

Working...
                              X