Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

Back to school... Two computers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Releaux
    • Jun 2005

Back to school... Two computers?

Hi everyone.

I'm going back to school in July. As part of the degree program, I'll be given a Gateway M275 Tablet PC (BrainCell Size 3), but I use a 12" PowerBook (BrainCell Size 5) for my personal/business life.

Is it possible to simultaneously attach those two Brain Cells in any of the Bihn bags, especially the Empire Builder? If so, is there still room for books/papers? I'd love to be able to tote my entire life around in one bag for the next two years... I also like the concept of buying an additional strap to have a modular/convertible system to maximize flexibility.

Similarly, my wife travels 90% for her job and carries a 12" PowerBook and a Dell laptop - if I could come up with a good system it might help her as well. For the time being, I've ordered both of us Mitre sleeves.

Thanks a bunch!
  • Darcy
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
    • May 2003

The Brain Bag is our only bag that's specifically designed to be able to hold two laptops. It has two main compartments that both have the webbing that accepts the removable clips, so two Brain Cells or two Monoliths (or one Brain Cell and one Monolith) will fit in the Brain Bag, one in each compartment. Even with both laptops you'll still have room for books, files, etc.

A Size 3 Brain Cell and a Size 5 Brain Cell won't fit together inside the Empire Builder. I'd say your best bet is the Brain Bag.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

• Releaux
      • Jun 2005

Thanks, Darcy!

Thanks very much for the information. You know, I swear I read every bag's descriptions at least 20 times, but never saw the Brain Bag page's explicit mention of being able to carry two computers until right after you posted your message...

Today I ordered a nice Olive Brainbag, Wasabi #5 Brain Cell, Olive Snake Charmer, Freudian Slip, and Absolute strap combo. I'll order the second Brain Cell when I know with absolute certainty which tablet PC I'll be getting.

Something tells me that I'll probably find a way to rationalize getting that Empire Builder as well... Either I'll have too many books for the Brain Bag or I won't feel right going to a client site with a backpack. I'm sure there's some reason that will require me to have that bag!

I've already gotten the shipment confirmation for the Brain Bag, and I can't wait to start using the new system! Thanks again!

Comment

• Darcy
        TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
        • May 2003

That's great to hear! You're welcome!

Let us know how the bags work out.
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
        X