Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,505   Posts: 187,571   Members: 6,464   Active Members: 321
Welcome to our newest member, Findbooradley.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solar packing cube backpacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar packing cube backpacks

Are these no longer available? Will Tom be replacing it with another "bright" colour (say red or orange)? Will solar also be removed as an internal option too?

ps. I love solar you may have guessed.

We're keeping Solar as an interior color but it won't be an exterior color anymore except for the Shop Bag and Yarn Stuff Sacks.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Shame. I was really keen on the solar packing cube - I like bright colours on the inside of a bag and the idea of the nice yellow backpack was also kinda appealing. A little sunshine is always nice. Thanks Darcy.

Comment

You may see a different color of Dyneema/nylon used for bags like the Packing Cube Backpack and Shoulder Bag later this year...

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
          You may see a different color of Dyneema/nylon used for bags like the Packing Cube Backpack and Shoulder Bag later this year...
          Any hints as to what sort of colour it will be?

Audrey

Comment

Awesome. You're such a teaser Darcy!

Comment

Originally posted by falconea View Post
              Any hints as to what sort of colour it will be?
              It's not Sapphire....

We'll post a photo soon!

Comment

my bet is red or orange (of course, using a fancy name meaning those basic colours)

Comment

Anyone have any preference as to new interior colours (and maybe packing cube colours) to help Tom and Darcy along?

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                    It's not Sapphire....
                    Waaaaahhhhh. Oh, well. Maybe it's a nice green?
                    Indigo Co-Pilot w' Cache, Sapphire/Olive Medium Cafe bag, Sapphire/Black and Indigo Ballistic Swifts, 50+ assorted Stuff Sacks/Pouches/Key Straps, 4 Shop Bags. 2 Absolutes, 2 Strap Wraps, a #5 Brain Cell, 3 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes , 3 Aeronaut cubes, a 3D, a Kit, a Convertible Shoulder Bag and Convertible Backpack for my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut. Last, 3 Lifefactory Bottles and my Plum Field Journal! Plus a blue (natch) FOT. All bags decked out with Tom Bihn luggage tags .

Comment

Rose would be nice.

Comment

Teal would be great!

Comment

Teal and rose it is, then!

Comment

Teal, please!

Comment

A bit different..

My vote is for Wasabi! Easy to find!!
                              Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Comment

Working...
                              X