Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,740   Posts: 190,273   Members: 6,600   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, uflbarry.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darcy
    replied
    Everyone,

We've added a new rule/guideline -- see below. We believe this rule makes specific and explicit the unspoken tone and spirit of these forums.

7) No trolls (elves, hobbits and Ents are OK) That means: pointless, thoughtless negativity isn't okay here. If you disagree with something or someone, that's okay of course, but be able to back up it up with some thoughtfulness. It's good for all of us to remember that just because we personally might not like something, it doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't (or doesn't) either. To sum it up: treat others as you'd wish to be treated and with mutual respect.

Let me know if you have any thoughts/feedback…

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Hi everyone,

We've added this paragraph to rules/guideline #2 --

"Speaking of which: TOM BIHN only builds our own original designs and styles, so you needn't bother posting a link to a different manufacturer's design and suggesting that we make it too. It's just not something we do: at TOM BIHN, we make our designs, which come from our own inspiration. And we assure you: that keeps us plenty busy."

Leave a comment:

• ElenTikvah
    replied
    Thanks Darcy! I edited the post, and the picture looks like it is displaying appropriately now.

~Tik

Leave a comment:

• ElenTikvah
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    In an effort to prevent you guys from having to see posts by spammers, new members of the forums must have their posts approved by moderators for the first three days of their registration. Your posts hadn't yet been approved by a moderator, so that's why they didn't show up yet. Hopefully, with the forum upgrade and more strict spam controls, we can eliminate the three days of moderation, but we want to test it more first.

Hmm, your photo still doesn't seem to be showing up. Would you mind trying to post it again? Sorry about that -- we can't wait to see your photo!
    Ok, thanks for the info, Darcy. I saw the post above about the wait time, but I'd had a post a couple of days ago go thru without a delay, so I wasn't sure what was going on. I'll see if I can repost the picture.

~Tik

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    In an effort to prevent you guys from having to see posts by spammers, new members of the forums must have their posts approved by moderators for the first three days of their registration. Your posts hadn't yet been approved by a moderator, so that's why they didn't show up yet. Hopefully, with the forum upgrade and more strict spam controls, we can eliminate the three days of moderation, but we want to test it more first.

Hmm, your photo still doesn't seem to be showing up. Would you mind trying to post it again? Sorry about that -- we can't wait to see your photo!
    Last edited by Darcy; 04-22-2011, 09:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ElenTikvah
    replied
    Are there rules about photos that I'm missing somewhere? I tried to post a pic of my Swift here for misterN, but I got a notice that the post needed moderator approval...and so I've waited and waited to see if it appears...and so far nothing. So, I'm guessing that since don't have many posts that many I can't post pics? Anyway, didn't know who to ask, so I thought this Rules thread would be a good start.

TIA!

~Tik

Leave a comment:

• Okami
    replied
    Thanks Darcy - I just posted to the thread again and it appeared this time.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    There's a three day waiting period -- that way, if a spammer joins and posts a bunch of irritating spam, we can catch it and delete it before you guys ever have to see it. We try to catch legitimate posts and approve them before those three days are up, but sometimes if we're really busy or it's over the weekend we don't.

Leave a comment:

• Okami
    replied
    How long does it take for a comment to post? I posted two days ago and it is still not in the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Shiva
    replied
    Darcy, they all seem reasonable and flexible! This is one of my most favorite forums: people are friendly, honest, helpful, and I have learned a lot : from how to pack more efficiently, to where to travel, and how to travel. I truly do think that TB is more than a business, and I hope it stays that way!

Leave a comment:

• ex machina
    replied
    This has been the ethos here since I started, and it's a good idea to post it/bump it now and again as a guideline for the new-to-forums beginners. Maybe this should be a sticky thread, locked to the top of the forum? a sort of Read-Here-Before-Posting announcement. BTW,excellent policy and protocols. This is a great forum and well worth keeping going.

Leave a comment:

• Nana8
    replied
    Sounds good! Thank you, Darcy!

Leave a comment:

• Twitchy
    replied
    Yup, sounds okey dokey

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Very good points.