Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,583   Posts: 188,382   Members: 6,554   Active Members: 308
Welcome to our newest member, Lucienk.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Utility Tote - on its last legs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yota100
    replied
    Good to hear that the Tote will be making a comeback in the not-too-distant future!

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    A bag with some kind of insulation would be welcomed.
    I heartily second that.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    A bag with some kind of insulation would be welcomed.

The ones available now, in various places, are not suitable.
    I am fairly certain that Tom and the team can bring us a first class insulated bag that looks as good as it works.

Leave a comment:

• falconea
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    You may have bought the last one. Don't worry: the Utility Tote (or something like it) will be back early 2011.
    I'm glad to hear it!

I'm still testing, but I think that if you wrap a BBQ chicken (wrapped in a proper bag) in one Utility Tote and then put it in other that actually gives more insulation than the cheapie insulated bag I usually use.

Audrey

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    You may have bought the last one. Don't worry: the Utility Tote (or something like it) will be back early 2011.

Leave a comment:

• yota100
    replied
    I recently bought a Utility Tote and now the page for that bag has disappeared from the website! Did I just buy the last one in stock?

(BTW, I am thrilled with my new Tote!)

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    I don't think it will be gone forever, but we just don't have time to make it right now. Maybe when we have more sewers!

Leave a comment:

• falconea
    started a topic The Utility Tote - on its last legs?

The Utility Tote - on its last legs?

I see that this is down to only one colour. Is it to die a quiet death, or will it be made again or redesigned?

The Utility Tote is a great bag, and I own at least 8 of them. But I will admit that the Large Shop Bag is an excellent replacement for it if it's no longer to be made.

The only features I will miss are the zippered pocket, and the many colours, which allow me to colour-code my shopping bags. Black/Black for chemicals and soaps - things I don't want to mix with food. Crimson/Navy for meat. Olive/Cocoa for earthy vegetables. Kelly/Navy for green vegetables. Sapphire/Steel for fruit. Storm/Sapphire, Steel/something, Plum/Olive for other groceries. And there's another one or two in the back of the car, as well as the Kelly/Navy that I keep in my office for lunchtime shopping expeditions!

If it's not going to be back, perhaps we need a Conifer sort of shade for Dyneema, so that there are 4 colours of Shop Bag.

Audrey
Working...
X