I just moved into my Synik 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just moved into my Synik 22

I hope I’m allowed to post this here. I have to confess I didn’t read the rules (if there are any)

I just moved out of an eBag I got from Amazon several years ago. Boy, that thing is irritating in so many ways...

I saw the Synik 22 somewhere. Maybe CoolTools? I forget now, but it looked like the perfect thing. Three hundred bucks is a LOT of money. I lurked around on the Tombihn.com site for a week waffling over it and finally submitted the order.

I got my beautiful green bag today and put all my stuff in it and I want to say I have zero regrets. It has everything I need and very little that I don’t. Most of what I don’t need is easily removable. It’s so light and I can see that it will last a very long time for me. I like to wear it sling style most of the time and the extra shoulder strap tucks neatly into the luggage handle tunnel so there’s not a bunch of extra webbing dangling .

I’m probably preaching to the choir here but if anyone is wondering if this bag is worth the money, I think it is. Don’t spend the rent on it but if you have to brew your own coffee for a while to get it, I think you won’t be sorry.

Welcome to the Forums Webwrangler

Glad the Synik 22 is working out for you!

The Forum guidelines can be found here
    https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...ines#post14519

And if you're interested in why the TB bags may be more expensive than some others you've seen, check out that very question on the main website FAQ

https://www.tombihn.com/pages/contact-us/#faq10

It's worth reading the other items in the FAQ and the 'about' to get an even better feel for what the Tom Bihn company is about.

I wholeheartedly agree that rent comes first! (and food, shelter, etc) We joke around that we enable 'Buy All the Bags' but like all financial decisions, it should be a thoughtfully considered purchase that is within one's means.

If you've poked around here on the Forums you'll know that we love photos, so please post some of your unique pack out if you have time!
    Besides geeking out, it helps other folks who may have similar items and/or see a new idea.

I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by Webwrangler View Post
      I like to wear it sling style most of the time and the extra shoulder strap tucks neatly into the luggage handle tunnel so there’s not a bunch of extra webbing dangling .
      holy moly, I don't know why, but I've never thought of wearing like this ... and the luggage tunnel thing is a great idea.

I kinda do this with my Western Flyer: I only pull out one strap so it's easy to switch from shoulder to one-side backpack mode on the go and then I just shove the strap through the grab handle.

Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

Working...
      X