• Show
Clear All

Paragon Bag - First Use And Thoughts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_23077.jpg
Views:	1095
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	330664

I tried to Get back into my old forum account that’s a few years old..reset the password a few times but kept giving me password error messages, so I had to make a new one.

I’m BLOWN AWAY with the Paragon pack for my specific use. I’ve went through at least 30 bags/backpacks the last few years.. and all of them promise to make it easier etc. etc. great features bla bla.. who would have known that this “old design” killed them all?

Cutting it right to the chase.

1. I don’t need a huge backpack! I carry few items but they are HEAVY! 16” MacBook, 12” iPad, Huge external battery, cables, and a warm jacket for cold climate indoor air condition! Since my carry weight is over 7lbs including the backpack, I need beefy shoulder straps on my weak shoulders. Guess what.. the smaller backpacks don’t come with beefy straps! They are typically very thin.. and don’t take into account the weight of electronics!

Here comes Paragon! SLAAAAM DUNK.. easily the most comfy backpack I have on my shoulder.. (I had Synik 30 to fit my laptop but that one was tooo big and bulky.. however, the shoulder straps I always liked)

2. I DON”T LIKE ORGANIZATION! This is so true.. I like to have one large compartment and slam it all in there. And when I come home I take it back out. I found in Synik I can’t remember in which pocket I put what where.. and found myself digging through EVERYTHING whenever I came home from the office!

Paragon SLAAAAM DUNK

3. lightweight with beefy fabric! This is so true.. light and durable?? SLAM

4. Style is timeless... all the other “fancy designs” out there will look dated depending on season, year.. etc. This one definitely looks less stylish but will not out of style for many years to come.

5. A great laptop system that hugs it well. (Wish Tom Bihn would have made similar system to Minaal daily backpack.. should be easy to implement. )

6. Finally the Tom bin logo is subdued.. I don’t like branding and logos, in general.

7. I like the fact that they have Covers over the zippers... Looks cool! ( even though it makes it slightly harder to open and close since the zipper pull get stuck now and then.)

Negative?

1. Laptop suspension system can be improved, but not a deal breaker. I tested the bottom and it’s not all ‘naked’ and have decent protection.
    2. Could have been slightly thicker and accommodate for 2 more liters. Similar to GR1
    3. Straps dangles EVERYWHERE! Wish they had a better system to hide the straps similar to what bellroy does with theirs. Make the sternum strap more minimal.
    4. Get them in stock and make all kinds of color combinations! This backpack should get a cult following!! LOL 😂

Click image for larger version  Name:	D54C66D2-F2CF-4EF8-80DE-36CB452B72D6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	330669 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_23078.jpg
Views:	796
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	330665 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_23079.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	4.72 MB
ID:	330666
    Last edited by ADRIANBAGS; 04-05-2021, 05:27 PM.

Definitely agree on the dangle issue. I made a post about it a while back, myself.. Hopefully they'll be more willing to consider addressing it as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomepants
      For #3, the dangle, try the TB strap keepers. I have them on all my TB packs. It’s the best $5 upgrade you can make to the pack.
      You can just simply use rubber bands or cable ties. The point is, TB should include a way of managing the dangling straps like some other bag manufactures do.
      Last edited by gadgets; 04-07-2021, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADRIANBAGS View Post

2. I DON”T LIKE ORGANIZATION! This is so true.. I like to have one large compartment and slam it all in there. And when I come home I take it back out. I found in Synik I can’t remember in which pocket I put what where.. and found myself digging through EVERYTHING whenever I came home from the office!
        I was looking at buying an old school Jansport backpack for this very reason. Fortunately the paragon was released as it scratches the same itch, but with much higher quality materials and is made locally. I have a Synapse 19 and felt like I could never remember what was in the side pockets or which zippered compartment held my water bottle (note: it was never the one I thought). Maybe I wasn't using the Synapse enough to remember these things, but my bag shouldn't have me working so hard. ;-)

Comment

The Paragon is very nice in person, I was looking to replace a Synapse 19 with minimal organization but for me it's too wide for a medium capacity bag.

Comment

I think it's an awesome cross between the Smart Alec and the DLBP. I love it.

Comment

Working...
            X