Can't Find the Fabric and Color Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Find the Fabric and Color Info

I know it is on the main website somewhere, because I've seen it. But every time I go looking for a section which provides detailed info on the various fabrics, and the same or somewhere else that might display the colors on offer, I can't find it. Please point me to it...thanks!

Originally posted by Go Navy View Post
    I know it is on the main website somewhere, because I've seen it. But every time I go looking for a section which provides detailed info on the various fabrics, and the same or somewhere else that might display the colors on offer, I can't find it. Please point me to it...thanks!
    Do you mean the materials glossary...?

https://www.tombihn.com/pages/materials

It's under the 'About Us' section
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

This? https://www.tombihn.com/pages/materials

Comment

Originally posted by GrussGott View Post
        Simul-post!
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

That's it! Now how on earth would anyone find their way to that information? The URL suggests the path tombihn.com/pages/materials. Pages? What pages? Is that a section of the website?

Can anyone explain how to find it for future reference? Yes, I know how to bookmark. I'm thinking of both my forgetfulness and of newer visitors to the site.

Thank you...

Comment

That's it! Now how on earth would anyone find their way to that information? The URL suggests the path tombihn.com/pages/materials. Pages? What pages? Is that a section of the website?

Can anyone explain how to find it for future reference? Yes, I know how to bookmark. I'm thinking of both my forgetfulness and of newer visitors to the site.

Thank you...
            Maybe TB can put a link at the top of this Forum - directly to the Materials and maybe another one that jumps directly to the FAQs... not sure how many they can put up there

Darcy MatthewR

Comment

I looked at About Us, and see a nice description of the company and its philosophy, plus a lot of pictures of dogs and employees. I saw no immediate link to materials, until in the upper right hand corner, I see "Rare Bag Giveaway Blog About Us" with a tiny triangle. (When one first reads that stream of words, one thinks "what?" Aha, it is under the tiny triangle. C'mon Bihn officials, make it easier will you? There's a ton of useful info there on materials. Thanks.

Comment

I looked at About Us, and see a nice description of the company and its philosophy, plus a lot of pictures of dogs and employees. I saw no immediate link to materials, until in the upper right hand corner, I see "Rare Bag Giveaway Blog About Us" with a tiny triangle. (When one first reads that stream of words, one thinks "what?" Aha, it is under the tiny triangle. C'mon Bihn officials, make it easier will you? There's a ton of useful info there on materials. Thanks.
                Hmmm....that small triangular down arrow signifies that the link opens a menu... same style as the one next to 'Shop Bags & Packs' as rendered on Chrome laptop - see pics below... the menus render differently on my Android chrome (that uses three horizontal lines)

what browser/method are you using?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 3.48.19 PM.png
Views:	104
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	331572

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 3.48.31 PM.png
Views:	96
Size:	583.7 KB
ID:	331573

Comment

I do realize that the down arrow almost universally indicates a drop down menu of some sort. I use Apple Safari, the latest version. The arrow appears and it works.

At first I missed the down arrow; then I mistakenly dismissed it as not likely to lead to the topic. I guess I'm just whining that "About Us" doesn't seem to intuitively lead to the lengthy piece on fabric technology. "About Us" is typically (but not always, I suppose) focused only on the company, its history, philosophy, people, business practices...those sorts of things.

At any rate, thanks, everyone, for pointing me to the great fabric info article. (Note: the color video is out of date.)

Comment

Yeah, I love TB and their bags, but the website often leaves something to be desired.

If I was queen for a day, I think the first things I'd implement are better organization of products, ability to sort by size/price/popularity/etc., ability to see the in stock status of EVERY product without clicking into it, bigger color boxes.. Ah well. It does get the job done at least. A little too well, if my bag collection is anything to judge by.

Comment

Working...
                    X