5/6 Pre-Order Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5/6 Pre-Order Thread!

We're uploading the remaining bag photos today and tomorrow, and the 5/6 pre-order will be officially announced by the end of this week!

I think everyone has this link, but just in case:
    5/6 Pre-Order Bags

Here's some side-by-sides that've been uploaded to the bag pages. I'll post more info later today, including a blog post round-up of all the details.

Click image for larger version

Name:	small-cafe-bag-side-by-side.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	331478

Name:	medium-cafe-bag-side-by-side.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	331479

Name:	large-cafe-bag-side-by-side.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	331.4 KB
ID:	331480

Name:	small-shop-bag-photo.jpg
Views:	878
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	331481

Name:	large-shop-bag-side-by-side.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	331482
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Possibly a strange question: has anyone tried fitting e.g. a 13" MacBook of any variety in a LGD?
    Per the measurements, it should - just - fit. There probably wouldn't be enough room for a cache, though. The sticking point might be the depth of the MacBook which (based on a quick tape measure moment with my MBP which is 12"/304mm wide and 8.3"/212mm deep) could be about a sixteenth of an inch too big to fit strictly within the height of the LGD. But it's very close...
    Just thinking work related EDC sling pack, carrying a (small) laptop.
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Comment

Originally posted by PaulT00 View Post
      Possibly a strange question: has anyone tried fitting e.g. a 13" MacBook of any variety in a LGD?
      Per the measurements, it should - just - fit. There probably wouldn't be enough room for a cache, though. The sticking point might be the depth of the MacBook which (based on a quick tape measure moment with my MBP which is 12"/304mm wide and 8.3"/212mm deep) could be about a sixteenth of an inch too big to fit strictly within the height of the LGD. But it's very close...
      I just tried my late 2013 MBP retina in my Azure LCB and the laptop fits fine with room to spare. I have a 6z horizontal cache (non-zipper kind) that I put in the LCB vertically and it fits though it sticks up about a half inch above the front edge. No trouble closing the buckle and it's not obvious that the cache is a bit long. I rarely carry a laptop in a bag and when I do it's in a horizontal orientation (Pilot, Imago) so it feels a bit strange/less secure to me to have it in a bag vertically though I know that doesn't really make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulT00 View Post
        If I had to guess I'd bet it would fit, as I've gotten things into their bags that were a skosh over the dimensions. There's a couple potential issues though -- it may distort the bag silhouette, you may have to put it at an angle (which will eat into available space), or it might cause cosmetic damage on your laptop if you have it up against a zipper.

Hard to say anything for sure though before it's released, unless the TB crew can test it
        Last edited by Surrealle; 04-28-2021, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Ready to add a burnt orange small cafe bag to cart!
          The only thing worse than chips without salsa is salsa without chips!

Comment

Here's our blog post with details about the pre-order! Our goal is to keep it open for two weeks.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Love the size comparisons! Now I’m less worried that the LCB might be too big...

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                Here's our blog post with details about the pre-order! Our goal is to keep it open for two weeks.
                Aaah, thank you for posting this thread and the link to the blog post! I've only learned about your company recently (from your sponsoring Daring Fireball) and I like the products I see but I've been a bit confused about how ordering stuff works on items that are out of stock or in production. I think this clears it up nicely, thank you!

Primarily I'm looking at a Medium Cafe Bag in burnt orange as a simple, low-profile, minimalist work bag -- looks to be just the right size for my iPad Pro or 12" Macbook and a few accessories when I'm out working at coffee shops or working on the road. Anyone else have any experience or luck using one as such?

I'm also tempted by both the Side Kick as a more light travel bag for my iPad Mini and Kindle when I'm out on more recreational outings -- and by the Everyday Cubelet for when I'll be wandering downtown or in a park somewhere for the day, and just want my pocket charger, sunglasses and a bottle of sunblock or sanitizer. So … will those have similar pre-order periods over the next few months? Or just appear in stock one day?

Aw heck, I'm gonna be super tempted by the Aeronaut 30 as well, as the pandemic recedes and I can get back to my minimalist travel again. I spent two weeks in Japan with just a Mother Lode Jr backpack from eBags -- but it's kind of over-engineered, with too many pockets in too many specific shapes. The Aeronaut looks not too much smaller but much simpler in construction.

Sorry for all the questions and random information. I like what I see in the community so far, it kinda fits with my obsession with always trying to find "the perfect bag(s)", and I'm looking forward to being a part. Thank you
                ---
                My Bags: Burnt Orange Aeronaut 30
                Preordered: • Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag
                Wish List: Burnt Orange Side KickAubergine Everyday CubeletIsland Small Travel Tray

Comment

Happy to see the LCB is back, if only briefly! Now comes the hard part - trying to pick a color combo or limiting myself to 2 choices. Torn between Nebulous Grey and Ursa... not to mention the black option with the all black logo...
                  Last edited by Vecturist; 04-30-2021, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Darcy Any way to get the dimensions for a Large Cafe Bag Freudian Slip posted here or added to the site? I've searched multiple different ways and can't find that info anywhere.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooner View Post

Aaah, thank you for posting this thread and the link to the blog post! I've only learned about your company recently (from your sponsoring Daring Fireball) and I like the products I see but I've been a bit confused about how ordering stuff works on items that are out of stock or in production. I think this clears it up nicely, thank you!

Primarily I'm looking at a Medium Cafe Bag in burnt orange as a simple, low-profile, minimalist work bag -- looks to be just the right size for my iPad Pro or 12" Macbook and a few accessories when I'm out working at coffee shops or working on the road. Anyone else have any experience or luck using one as such?

I'm also tempted by both the Side Kick as a more light travel bag for my iPad Mini and Kindle when I'm out on more recreational outings -- and by the Everyday Cubelet for when I'll be wandering downtown or in a park somewhere for the day, and just want my pocket charger, sunglasses and a bottle of sunblock or sanitizer. So … will those have similar pre-order periods over the next few months? Or just appear in stock one day?

Aw heck, I'm gonna be super tempted by the Aeronaut 30 as well, as the pandemic recedes and I can get back to my minimalist travel again. I spent two weeks in Japan with just a Mother Lode Jr backpack from eBags -- but it's kind of over-engineered, with too many pockets in too many specific shapes. The Aeronaut looks not too much smaller but much simpler in construction.

Sorry for all the questions and random information. I like what I see in the community so far, it kinda fits with my obsession with always trying to find "the perfect bag(s)", and I'm looking forward to being a part. Thank you
                      Welcome, glad you joined the Forums! And I'm glad the blog post helped to clear things up.

I'm sure other folks will chime in here, but in my experience the Medium Cafe Bag has been a great minimalist work pad for a smaller tablet or laptop and a few other items. I think my favorite thing about it is that it has enough to make it unique (the asymmetrical flap, super high quality build and materials, restrained design) and it's also just super simple and classic... there's not a lot going on and it's easy to find what I need.

As far as what'll be offered restock vs. pre-order: going forward, our plan is to offer pre-orders for new designs, retired designs, or, in some cases, existing designs in limited (or potentially limited) edition fabrics or colors. Everything else will be restocked. And there will be the occasional drop -- there's a couple designs that come to mind that we'd like to release, but are limited in terms of what we can produce by materials constraints. In that case, we'll make the bags and release them as in-stock offerings, though we'll make sure to tell folks they might sell out quick.

That plan may evolve over this summer as we see what's most popular and where our production capacity is at. Because we sew everything here in Seattle, that capacity is somewhat limited.

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
                      Darcy Any way to get the dimensions for a Large Cafe Bag Freudian Slip posted here or added to the site? I've searched multiple different ways and can't find that info anywhere.
                      They're up on the Freudian Slip page!

Dimensions - 12.0” (w) x 12.0” (h) x 1" (d) / 306 (w) x 307 (h) x 25 (d) mm
                      Weight: 7 oz / 190 grams

Comment

Honestly, since this is it for the LCBs and I find them an incredibly useful bag that's not really duplicated elsewhere, I'll probably get a couple. I'm pretty hard on mine, and they do end up looking pretty banged up eventually.

I sort of wish Crimson instead of Red Blend had been chosen for this release, but you can't have everything!

(My Everyday Cubelet was the MVP of the pandemic for me. Now that I'm venturing out for more normal length trips and doing more shopping in person, it will retire to its easier role as a bag-within-a-bag.)

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                          Welcome, glad you joined the Forums! And I'm glad the blog post helped to clear things up.

I'm sure other folks will chime in here, but in my experience the Medium Cafe Bag has been a great minimalist work pad for a smaller tablet or laptop and a few other items. I think my favorite thing about it is that it has enough to make it unique (the asymmetrical flap, super high quality build and materials, restrained design) and it's also just super simple and classic... there's not a lot going on and it's easy to find what I need.
                          Thank you Darcy! Between reading FAQs and blogs and forum posts over the last couple days I’ve gotten a better picture of how your inventory and manufacturing works. Certainly mad props for all you do with a small independent staff!

And yes, everything I’m seeing about the MCB seem like it’s what I’ve been looking for. Particularly the style, simple with just the right amount of organization, solid shape and not too bulky. Also oddly glad there’s only one zipper, and it’s on the outside, so no risk of scratching the computer or it’s case inside. I’m anxiously looking forward to getting one in hand so I can see how it works out!

And again, loving the community here around your company. My boyfriend was lovingly mocking me when we were in Japan where I’d stop and geek out over every tiny bag or backpack I found in any shops. I feel like there are kindred spirits here.

Thanks again and best wishes!
                          ---
                          My Bags: Burnt Orange Aeronaut 30
                          Preordered: • Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag
                          Wish List: Burnt Orange Side KickAubergine Everyday CubeletIsland Small Travel Tray

Comment

Originally posted by Cooner View Post
                            My boyfriend was lovingly mocking me when we were in Japan where I’d stop and geek out over every tiny bag or backpack I found in any shops.
                            We were there in Oct 2019, and not sure if you made it to all of the Shinjuku stuff in Tokyo, but right through that door at the end of this bridge is Takashimaya's bag department, and it's a full floor of bag heaven!

Name:	Takashimaya-Shinjuku.png
Views:	576
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	331586

Comment

Uploaded additional photos of the Large Cafe Bag and wanted to post 'em here to make sure everyone gets to see them:

Name:	large-cafe-bag-olive-1.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	561.5 KB
ID:	331672

Name:	large-cafe-bag-olive-2.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	412.8 KB
ID:	331673

Name:	large-cafe-bag-olive-3.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	331674

Name:	large-cafe-bag-olive-4.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	331675

Name:	large-cafe-bag-olive-7.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	331676

Name:	large-cafe-bag-olive-8.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	331677

Comment

Working...
                              X