Any photos of the black GE paragon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any photos of the black GE paragon?

I missed out on the black GE paragon and bought a blue one. Which I think still looks great in photos. Of course whilst it’s on its way I need to obsess a bit about whether I ordered the right colour.

I note there are many photos of the blue, nebulous grey, wilderness green and aubergine versions but not the black one. Does anyone have photos, particularly showing the back and straps?

living in U.K., There’s less options to return, etc. But the blue is still a great colour right?

I sent back both a black GE paragon and an Ursa, in favor of the wilderness green. Sorry, no pics. I think it looks much better in a brighter color, probably because of the somewhat plain boxy lines of this particular design and the fact that none of the zipper lines really show. You won't regret your choice of blue.

Comment

Thanks that makes me feel a bit better. I actually thought the black would be better because the zipper lines don’t show. But maybe I’m wrong. Was the black dull or did it have a sheen like the colours do?

Comment

I think all the ballistics have a slight sheen that may be less noticeable in black. The black paragon has the blacked out label, which is nice if you like an all black stealth mode look. The hidden zippers contribute to that low profile discrete look. However, if that's the vibe you are going for then why get the GE version, when you can go total stealth mode with the black regular version?

Comment

Yup you have a point definitely - I liked the tiny bit of pop with the coyote diamond at the front. Hopefully when I actually see the blue though my heart will be set on it and I’ll happily enjoy my backpack!

Comment

You're right about it being hard to find real world photos of the black ge paragon. Also, all of the ballistics tend to photograph brighter than in real life. If it helps, the studio photos of the LGB seem to be much more accurate than a lot of the other photos on TB's website. The deep blue is fairly dark, so I suspect you'll be happy with it.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 9.52.47 AM.png
Views:	341
Size:	4.20 MB
ID:	332413

Comment

ayazgood Thanks a lot! I agree photos of deep blue somehow come out way lighter. Not just on the tb website but when people photograph their bags. This helps. I’m warming up a lot more to the idea of a blue GE.

Comment

For future folks, just got mine in today. It's my first black bag in ballistic and I'm very happy with it. The Black + Gold type look I wanted works well.

These first 3 are in a well lit room.

Comment

These 3 are under direct light.

Comment

I recently purchased both the blue and grey versions of the GE Paragon and decided to keep the grey. The blue is certainly nice too, but I liked the grey just a smidge more.

So, something else to consider if the blue doesn't do it for ya.

Comment

BihnBag thank you very very much! I’ve gone a tad insane trying to find photos of the black GE and these are great! Thank you! I went on fb, Reddit, this forum...

The bag does look great. The reason to be frank why I like this black GE version is that it reminds me a bit of my highschool back which was black with brown suede at the bottom. The nostalgia made me want it.

Because of your photos, when I get the blue I’ll be able to make up my mind better. If I weren’t I. The U.K. I would still consider ordering this when it’s back in stock.

Surrealle thank you for the suggestion. We have similar tastes I think because I already have a nebulous grey luminary but not in a GE. I went for blue because it’s different from what I have. It’s an amazing colour. If I didn’t have the luminary I would definitely have chosen the grey one.

Comment

FWIW, I think bihnbag's photos are very good and color accurate. If the black is really calling to you, try emailing customer service to see if they have one. Like I said, I returned one, and TB may not be showing it in the website inventory.

Comment

And the carryology review has side by side photos of the blue ge and the black regular:
                          https://www.carryology.com/reviews-2...dition-review/

Comment

Originally posted by ayazgood View Post
                            FWIW, I think bihnbag's photos are very good and color accurate. If the black is really calling to you, try emailing customer service to see if they have one. Like I said, I returned one, and TB may not be showing it in the website inventory.
                            ayazgood Thanks - I agree I think the photos are very good because most of the photos you see, the black is more washed out or dull. It's not in these (thank you again Bhinbag!). I did actually email TB - clearly we think a like. So far nothing returned but maybe that's for the best!

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoSS View Post
                              BihnBag thank you very very much! I’ve gone a tad insane trying to find photos of the black GE and these are great! Thank you! I went on fb, Reddit, this forum...

No problem! If you would like me to take any more in different lighting of of the inside etc. more let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X