Any photos of the black GE paragon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ayazgood View Post
    I sent back both a black GE paragon and an Ursa, in favor of the wilderness green. Sorry, no pics. I think it looks much better in a brighter color, probably because of the somewhat plain boxy lines of this particular design and the fact that none of the zipper lines really show. You won't regret your choice of blue.
    ayazgood, I think you were totally right.

I got my bag this morning and the blue looks amazing. I’m very happy with the choice, I think if I got the black, I would have felt the same as you. I can’t explain it but seems something to do with the shape/width of it.

I won’t be ordering the black one although was so helpful to see those photos!

just one more question for those with GE versions of the bag. Were there two holes at the bottom of the bag where the diamond areas are? I have two holes. I think this may be normal because there’s two not one. But just wanted to check.

ive attached two photos, it appears that my iPhone uses night mode.

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoSS View Post
      just one more question for those with GE versions of the bag. Were there two holes at the bottom of the bag where the diamond areas are? I have two holes. I think this may be normal because there’s two not one. But just wanted to check.

ive attached two photos, it appears that my iPhone uses night mode.
      It's hard to tell in those photos but are the holes like this (circles):

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=331139&d=1618714369.png
Views:	160
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	332568

If so, apparently that's normal and those are alignment holes.

Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

I just checked my Paragon GE and yes, there are two locator holes in the base, aligned with the diamonds; they're normal, as GrussGott pointed out, and in different places on different bags.
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

TorontoSS, G42, and others,
          In case you wanted slightly more information about marker holes (in various bags and accessories) that are used for alignment in their manufacturing process, here’s a short excerpted section from my reply to GrussGott about that picture:
          Originally posted by moriond View Post
          These are marker holes used in the manufacturing process for alignment, and have been reported in forum queries about bags and accessories of all types. I’m simply going to point you to a few example threads where you can see posted pictures:
          It was part of a very long post that I made on 04-17-2021 in the Synapse 25 Design Tweaks? thread to answer questions about various design feature changes from 2016 to the present, including documenting when they were noted, and links to forum discussion points.

There are a lot of different discussions on the forums of where people have noted marker holes in different bags and accessories. The examples that I grabbed were just illustrative, of cases that had photos I could reference.

HTH, and that you are saved from reading through a long history about handle designs, water bottle pockets, and other features changed on backpacks, and were matched to the rollout of features on new bags.

moriond

Comment

GrussGott, G42 - that's super helpful thank you.
            moriond thanks for providing the post and the context as well. Sometimes I actually love going through design tweaks to see how some of the most iconic bags have changed! It's not just TB bags, but things like iphones, etc, I find it so interesting. I'm such a nerd though.

All in all seems holes are totally normal and the blue colour is amazing in case that wasn't reflected enough earlier!

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoSS View Post
              ayazgood, I think you were totally right.

I got my bag this morning and the blue looks amazing. I’m very happy with the choice, I think if I got the black, I would have felt the same as you. I can’t explain it but seems something to do with the shape/width of it.
              I just love being right! I really like the simplicity of this bag and the fact it carries so well without having a stiff frame sheet, but the brighter colors seem to give it a bit of pizzazz it is otherwise lacking.

Comment

Working...
              X