Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,525   Posts: 187,782   Members: 6,486   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, ozzyrussell.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another +1 to ghost whales in Halcyon, as well as wondering when the next batch of GWs will be restocked.
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Originally posted by pelicularities View Post
      I signed up for the forum just to say that if there's ever a Techno/Aeronaut 45/30, Synik 30, or Daylight Backpack in Seapine Green, it would be an insta-buy from me.
      This is always helpful to hear, pelicularities! We'll add it to our list of requests as G42 noted and welcome to the forums- we're glad you're here!

Originally posted by earth5 View Post
      Darcy any plans on S25 in Olive? I love my old one, but much prefer the edgeless straps. Thanks!
      We'll add this too! We had a span with no Olive available but there's a good chance we'll make S25 in Olive in the future.

Originally posted by John1970 View Post

I have an S30 in Olive cordura and it's gorgeous. I second the request for an S25 in Olive as well.
      I'm glad you like your Synik 30 in Olive! We'll have more of those later this year

Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post
      Another +1 to ghost whales in Halcyon, as well as wondering when the next batch of GWs will be restocked.
      I'll make note on our request list- we are still juggling availability and long timelines on Halcyon (and many other materials) but it's always good to hear what you'd like to see! We've got a lot of GWPs in the works and they're likely to be ready later in October.

​​​​​​​***

We did just update our next restock page! The next restock will be next week Wednesday, October 13 at 7am PT. New Grab Bag photos are up too- a couple of those colors are really limited but we'll have lots of Grab Bags overall

Comment

Some late additions to tomorrow's restock: Double Organizer Pouches (Small, Medium) and Clear Organizer Pouches (Mini, Small, Medium) in Cordura! Most of the Cordura colors currently in rotation will be restocked- Canary missed this round but it'll be coming later along with Pen/Pencil Clear Pouches

Comment

For all the new things I'm seeing, I haven't seen anything in the last update or two made in Wilderness 525 Ballistic. Would I be correct in assuming the workshop is out of that color right now and more is on the way? Is there an estimate on when the green shall flow again? I'm trying to hold out for something like a Wilderness/Cloud Synapse 25 and I want to know how many months of a wait I might be looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by ittoujuu View Post
            For all the new things I'm seeing, I haven't seen anything in the last update or two made in Wilderness 525 Ballistic. Would I be correct in assuming the workshop is out of that color right now and more is on the way? Is there an estimate on when the green shall flow again? I'm trying to hold out for something like a Wilderness/Cloud Synapse 25 and I want to know how many months of a wait I might be looking at.
            Tagging Darcy or MikeV for this
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Based on this answer from Darcy in another thread, it seems they just have a temporary shortage:
              Originally posted by Darcy View Post

The LGD will be available in Wilderness again! That was definitely a popular color. We're just waiting on our next shipment of Wilderness to arrive, which should be by the middle-end of September. After that, we'll order Wilderness in the next batch of LGDs that we make.

Comment

I haven’t seen a lot of recent products in Wilderness. The items still in stock in Wilderness until the new batch shows are the Daylight Backpack and the Co-Pilot, I remember that they made the Truck in Wilderness back in July, but that was a while ago.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post

Alphaviolet will be offered in the next run of Maker's Bags... we're down to just a few rolls of Alphaviolet, so this will probably be the last time it's ever offered in the Maker's!

Darcy So, is the Maker's Bag in Alphaviolet not part of today's restock?

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                    I haven’t seen a lot of recent products in Wilderness. The items still in stock in Wilderness until the new batch shows are the Daylight Backpack and the Co-Pilot, I remember that they made the Truck in Wilderness back in July, but that was a while ago.

moriond
                    I was hoping to order a Wilderness Truck during the 10/13 restock, but didn't see it. BTW, the Recycled colors sure went fast! Same for the Monster Truck. Apart from the technical aspects of the fabric, would those of you who like the Recycled colors share why you like them so much? Is it the nicer feel? Softer structure? Or is it mostly due to environmental impact?

Comment

Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post
                      Oooh, yes. I was hoping to grab another one today with my double organizer pouches and didn't realize they were out of stock.

Meg
                      -----
                      Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Comment

Originally posted by ittoujuu View Post
                        Thanks for the tag, G42!

We have been out of Wilderness 525 but it is *just* back on the shelf. We'll start working it back into production now but it missed a batch of Synapse 25s that were recently started. It's possible we'll get another batch of S25 going and done by the end of the year but that could be tight. It's likely when the Wilderness S25s come back they'll be lined with either Coyote or Northwest Sky 200d Halcyon.

I hope that helps with planning!
                        Last edited by MikeV; 10-13-2021, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kris View Post

I was hoping to order a Wilderness Truck during the 10/13 restock, but didn't see it. BTW, the Recycled colors sure went fast! Same for the Monster Truck. Apart from the technical aspects of the fabric, would those of you who like the Recycled colors share why you like them so much? Is it the nicer feel? Softer structure? Or is it mostly due to environmental impact?
                          The Seapine is a beautiful rich dark green color. The Logic Blue is not bad, but the Seapine reminds me of the bottle green color used on classic Karmen Gias.

I'm planning to buy a Pop Tote the next time they drop and would love to see Seapine as a color option. (@Darcy - hint, hint ☺️)

Comment

would those of you who like the Recycled colors share why you like them so much?
                            I like the hand. Its sturdy but supple. Its got a lovely sheen which makes it look, to me anyways, a little "dressier" than a typical fabric.
                            Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Comment

would those of you who like the Recycled colors share why you like them so much?
                              Originally posted by sturbridge View Post

I like the hand. Its sturdy but supple. Its got a lovely sheen which makes it look, to me anyways, a little "dressier" than a typical fabric.
                              I agree with sturbridge that I like the hand in the 630d recycled fabric, as well as liking the color. It has a more cloth-like feel to the weave than the Ballistic Nylon, and I’ve like the material ever since it debuted in the Icons. It’s slightly less stiff than 525d Ballistic Nylon but closer to that than 210d Ballistic Nylon. When it was first offered in the trucks and monster trucks these were the last versions to sell out. I figured that might be because several people were buying these for “rugged” purposes where they might store car tools or chains and machinery in the trucks and drag them over concrete and rough surfaces so they didn’t want anything that hinted of a less tough nature in the feel of the fabric.

if you want to try a sample of the 630d fabric (apart from asking the TB crew for a sample swatch) you can try ordering a Ghost Whale Organizer pouch in 630d. They mostly sold out in 630d early, but there’s a Super Mini GWOP still available in 630 d Nebulous Grey

Then, again, some people just like the colors and the different weave and slightly different sheen (it looks like a tighter weave)

HTH

moriond

Comment

Will there be another run of the co-pilot soon? Preferably BH?

Comment

Working...
                                X