Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,586   Posts: 188,411   Members: 6,562   Active Members: 320
Welcome to our newest member, Arlene31H3.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mbladen3210 View Post
    Will there be another run of the co-pilot soon? Preferably BH?
    Welcome to the Forums Mbladen3210
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

So someone who's better with all this fabric stuff might be able to tell me if I'm right here-I have a Boreal Tough Stuff Grab Bag and a Boreal Cordura Ghost Whale. Are they two separate types of fabrics? They feel a bit different but I'm wondering if I just can't quite tell because my Ghost Whale is kind of on the smaller side. I quite like their looks/feels so I'm not complaining, just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy when I compared them and was like "wait...are these different?"
      Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post
        So someone who's better with all this fabric stuff might be able to tell me if I'm right here-I have a Boreal Tough Stuff Grab Bag and a Boreal Cordura Ghost Whale. Are they two separate types of fabrics? They feel a bit different but I'm wondering if I just can't quite tell because my Ghost Whale is kind of on the smaller side. I quite like their looks/feels so I'm not complaining, just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy when I compared them and was like "wait...are these different?"
        Those are the same fabric! Just a little goof on our side and the Boreal Pouches are all called Tough Stuff now. Sorry for the confusion

Comment

It’s time for another low quantity restock! It’ll be 10/21 at 7:00am PT. It’s been several months since the last one, so the list of items is long.

Here’s the link to the blog post with the full list of items that’ll be restocked: https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/lqr1021

Comment

Anyone who had more than one Synik notice a difference in material in the water bottle pocket? I got one from February, then saw they released an original halcyon, so I got that one, and am selling my older one (Ursa). I am noticing a difference in the material in the "mesh" part of the water bottle pocket. Just wondering if anyone else had?

Comment

Originally posted by jdowney83 View Post
              Anyone who had more than one Synik notice a difference in material in the water bottle pocket? I got one from February, then saw they released an original halcyon, so I got that one, and am selling my older one (Ursa). I am noticing a difference in the material in the "mesh" part of the water bottle pocket. Just wondering if anyone else had?
              Nice spotting that difference! There was a delay on the supplier-side for the mesh we typically use. Thankfully, that same supplier had an alternate mesh that was quite similar in its quality, durability, and function as the mesh we typically use, so we opted for that.

The new mesh worked out (and sewed!) well and we liked it quite a lot, but then our original mesh was restocked and we decided to stick with that just because it’s what we’ve traditionally used.
              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Could've sworn I saw Tidal listed among the small original shop bags for this morning, but guess I imagined it...bummer!

Comment

Originally posted by setrombley View Post
                  Could've sworn I saw Tidal listed among the small original shop bags for this morning, but guess I imagined it...bummer!
                  Limited quantity restocks mean there could be several, or as few as one, of the listed item. The oSSB in Tidal was probably very low quantity and the blog post was later updated with what was left...
                  Also, the halcyon fabric supply was constrained due to pandemic related supply chain issues, so there seems to be a lot of pent up demand for halcyon in the TB community; sorry it didn't work out this time!
                  Last edited by G42; 10-21-2021, 06:47 PM.
                  I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

It happens. I'm just sorry I didn't grab more Tidal when I had the chance!

Comment

Originally posted by setrombley View Post
                      It happens. I'm just sorry I didn't grab more Tidal when I had the chance!
                      They did have some of those low-stock shop bags in Tidal Halcyon available for a while, but let me point out that the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in Tidal is currently available, and also there is the Trucksana in Black Ballistic Nylon with the Blackout label but with a Tidal lining. In the case of the various size Trucks, I generally find the all black interior rather stark to use. Having the Tidal Halcyon lining in the Trucksana design is a nice touch.

moriond

Comment

i miss bright interior colors. that awesome yellow gold color you used to have was amazing...

Comment

Looks like Cubelets are now in tomorrow's restock

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
                            Looks like Cubelets are now in tomorrow's restock
                            Yes! And here's a blog post with notes about each item in tomorrow's restock:
                            https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/1027restock
                            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Darcy Hello, any chance the Daylight Backpack with the contour straps will be available this year?

Comment

Originally posted by luisdent View Post
                                i miss bright interior colors. that awesome yellow gold color you used to have was amazing...
                                wasabi. that's what i was thinking of. best interior ever.

is there any reason to wait for more pilot/co-pilot/makers bag colors to pop up? or are they pretty much what you see now for a while?

Comment

Working...
                                X