Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,580   Posts: 188,314   Members: 6,539   Active Members: 284
Welcome to our newest member, tam017.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post

Honestly I'd like a fabric or mesh version of most anything that has the clear plastic in it. While I do like the transparency, I struggle with things sticking to it and making it hard to insert and remove items. It's the main reason I couldn't really use my COW, which was disappointing.
    I love my COWs, but definitely feel the same about general OPs. I don't use clear OPs for the same reason and really miss the all-fabric OPs. I was really hoping to get the current Cordura colors in all-fabric, so another vote here.

Comment

I also keep mine in a small clear organizer pouch -- I like it more than the mini because -- as Kevo mentioned -- the entire card is visible through the front and it's easy to remove. To be honest, the pouch is more of a way to ensure I won't misplace the card, though, because so far I have only had to show it one time, and I carry a xerox that was accepted at that function, so the original pretty much stays at home.

I also keep digital images that are in Google Drive, as well as a certification from "VaxYes" that lives in my Apple Wallet.

This is in the US, though. I've heard that in certain countries, one needs to show the original.
      ----
      All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
      Edmund Burke

Comment

Darcy Will there also be Super Mini Ghost Whale pouches in Verde and/or Canary on 11/16? Last time Canary was not listed until the Restock went live and I missed it.
        Also a P.I.K.A. POUCH in Verde would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanne View Post
          Darcy Will there also be
          Also a P.I.K.A. POUCH in Verde would be nice.
          I'm not Darcy, but for the PIKA, they've said in various other posts that the special one-way interior fabric is special/hard to get, so this may be the last run (they had discontinued it actually, because of that, then found enough in-house during inventory to do this last run)

If you haven't seen this blog post about this restock, check it out .. It has some info on it

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/1116-restock
          I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

The Ghost Whale Pouches are now updated with lots and lots of colors in production. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
              I also keep mine in a small clear organizer pouch -- I like it more than the mini because -- as Kevo mentioned -- the entire card is visible through the front and it's easy to remove. To be honest, the pouch is more of a way to ensure I won't misplace the card, though, because so far I have only had to show it one time, and I carry a xerox that was accepted at that function, so the original pretty much stays at home.

I also keep digital images that are in Google Drive, as well as a certification from "VaxYes" that lives in my Apple Wallet.

This is in the US, though. I've heard that in certain countries, one needs to show the original.
              The Small Size Double Organizer Pouch can hold a U.S. vaccine card in the front pocket and have the top of the card clear the zipper — if you pull the zipper forward you can read the whole card without taking it out of the pouch. You can use the Mini Pouch or Clear Organizer Wallet to store this card as long as you will not be taking it out very often since it is easy for the corners to get dog-eared if you pull it out past the zippers
              US Vaccination Card in Small Double Organizer Pouch front pocket
              US Vaccination Card in Small Double Organizer Pouch front pocket

Comment

Darcy - why were the Snake Charmers changed from 210 Ballistic to 1000 Cordura? Was this a decision based on material qualities (stiffness, etc), or just on material availability?

- Tim

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post

The Small Size Double Organizer Pouch can hold a U.S. vaccine card in the front pocket and have the top of the card clear the zipper — if you pull the zipper forward you can read the whole card without taking it out of the pouch. You can use the Mini Pouch or Clear Organizer Wallet to store this card as long as you will not be taking it out very often since it is easy for the corners to get dog-eared if you pull it out past the zippers

I do use a small Double Organizer Pouch for a small external hard drive. The drive is in the back pocket, the cable in the front.

Comment

Originally posted by tbessie View Post
                    Darcy - why were the Snake Charmers changed from 210 Ballistic to 1000 Cordura? Was this a decision based on material qualities (stiffness, etc), or just on material availability?

- Tim
                    I suspect that this was an option that was added to take advantage of the range of colors in Cordura. The original Snake Charmers were 500d Halcyon, and then, for a while, in 420d Parapack. When they first introduced the Small and Large Sizes, they had just added a lot of 1000d c9dura Colors (like Red Blend, Orange 152, and Azure which looks like Mayura), so they offered all the Snake Charmers in 1000d Cordura, and also 200d Halcyon for the first time. They only stopped offering 1000d Cordura options when they cut out Cordura from the Cafe Bag line offerings. But Cordura is easier to get in a range of colors, so when supplies of other materials became scarce in the Covid-19 period, this was an easy way to bring back color options. (My favorite Snake Charmers are in the limited editions Halcyon colors like Fjord when the new sizes were first introduced)

HTH

moriond

Comment

I suspect that this was an option that was added to take advantage of the range of colors in Cordura. The original Snake Charmers were 500d Halcyon, and then, for a while, in 420d Parapack. When they first introduced the Small and Large Sizes, they had just added a lot of 1000d c9dura Colors (like Red Blend, Orange 152, and Azure which looks like Mayura), so they offered all the Snake Charmers in 1000d Cordura, and also 200d Halcyon for the first time. They only stopped offering 1000d Cordura options when they cut out Cordura from the Cafe Bag line offerings. But Cordura is easier to get in a range of colors, so when supplies of other materials became scarce in the Covid-19 period, this was an easy way to bring back color options. (My favorite Snake Charmers are in the limited editions Halcyon colors like Fjord when the new sizes were first introduced)

HTH

moriond
                      Sounds like good logic on this :-)

I have one of the original Snake Charmers (I think - I got it many MANY years ago), and it's rather floppy and shapeless in use. I was glad when the design was updated to something that was more oval and that held its shape well.

- Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Kanne View Post

I do use a small Double Organizer Pouch for a small external hard drive. The drive is in the back pocket, the cable in the front.
                        Many more usage options for both sizes are shown in @taminca’s posts in the Double Organizer Pouch thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tbessie View Post

- Tim

HTH

moriond
                          As usual moriond is spot on here. I'll add: Nik wanted to see us make Snake Charmers in 1000d, and that was an extra nudge that made it happen.
                          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Many more usage options for both sizes are shown in @taminca’s posts in the Double Organizer Pouch thread.
                            Sigh.. Guess I'm adding one of them to my order now too.

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

I'm not Darcy, but for the PIKA, they've said in various other posts that the special one-way interior fabric is special/hard to get, so this may be the last run (they had discontinued it actually, because of that, then found enough in-house during inventory to do this last run)

If you haven't seen this blog post about this restock, check it out .. It has some info on it

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/1116-restock
                              Just wanted to note, if you don’t see one of the items you want at the time of your order, it may help to check back later. On some of these restock days, I find some items fly off the product page, and then later someone adds them back in. This has happened on other restock days, too. For example, the fabric Clear Organizer Wallets in Navy Parapack went down in number to just a few, then vanished from the options, and a little later someone put these back in the product list. I’m not saying that this will happen for very limited quantity items, like the dozen or so Parental Units that showed up, but for small accessory items in specific colors it’s worth checking back if you didn’t see it at the time you first looked.

moriond

ETA. Which is not to say that I haven’t seen the P.I.K.A.s going down at a fast rate,

Comment

Hi All! We had some Synik 22s and S and L Snake Charmers that had accumulated from pre-order cancelations, returns, and incorrect counts from earlier this year so we just put that inventory on the site. Some is pretty low quantity and some a little more

Here's what was added:

Synik 22
                                Black 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic
                                Black 525 Ballistic/Island 210 Ballistic
                                Burnt Orange 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
                                Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Solaris 200 Halcyon
                                Black 400 Halcyon/Solaris 200 Halcyon

Small Snake Charmers
                                Black 210 Ballistic
                                Cloud 210 Ballistic
                                Dawn 210 Ballistic
                                Island 210 Ballistic