Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,187   Members: 6,595   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, bosticderek.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the Pocket Pouch ever been made with a urethane side? Front or back? It seems like it would be the perfect badge/tag clip-on.

Right now I am using one of the old clear pouch wallets, I actually have two, one with the cork back. They work, but smaller would be nice.
    Though, I admit I can carry an Apple Tag or Tile in the wallet in order to find it - its an age thing. And the Pocket Pouch would not work for that quite as well unless I clip the finder onto it.

New building has card access doors except offices, and even the copy machine is card log-in....just trying to minimize the EDC to card, one key office key, finder tag, and a clip on strap.
    Proud owner: Aeronaut45 Navy/Wasabi; Synapse 19 Navy/Ultraviolet; Market Navy/Navy; Makers Navy/Wasabi; Pilot Navy/Solar; Co-Pilot Navy/Solar; Side-Effect Navy/Solar; Side-Effect Black/Wasabi; Snake Charmer Sapphire; Tool Wraps Wasabi and Steel; Yarn Sacks S, M, L Solar, and other colors; Travel Sacks Sz1-4 in Solar, and other colors; plus many many pouches incl. Solar, Navy, and Steel; Key Straps of many colors incl. Solar

Comment

Originally posted by ablakey View Post
      Has the Pocket Pouch ever been made with a urethane side? Front or back? It seems like it would be the perfect badge/tag clip-on.

Right now I am using one of the old clear pouch wallets, I actually have two, one with the cork back. They work, but smaller would be nice.
      Though, I admit I can carry an Apple Tag or Tile in the wallet in order to find it - its an age thing. And the Pocket Pouch would not work for that quite as well unless I clip the finder onto it.

New building has card access doors except offices, and even the copy machine is card log-in....just trying to minimize the EDC to card, one key office key, finder tag, and a clip on strap.
      @ablakely The Luggage tag that debuted on March 10, 2015 (link to blog), can be used for some of what you want. Take a look at the Business cards and Tom Bihn luggage tags for some pictures.There are other posts, but the forum reindexing has made it hard to find them. The quick answer is that when the luggage tags debuted, they circulated some prototypes to the mods for feedback. It was noted that you could also use these to hold items like hotel room cards (if you wanted to carry them wristlet fashion after going to the gym or pool), and that it should also be sized so that a range of international business cards (taller than US cards) should fit into the luggage tag in place of the standard name tag label,

HTH

moriond

Last edited by moriond; 12-20-2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

By the way, if you look at the OSCA photos, there are Sangria and Mountain Cerylon clear 3DOC showing as well as PCSB in Mountain.

The blog post https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/more-updates#cerylon had mentioned 3DOCs; I hope that the all fabric will return as well. I can't tell if the Mountain mostly fabric item in the pocket in one photo is the PCSB or a fabric 3DOC or a Cubelet or something...

I'm not normally a huge fan of red, but I quite like the Sangria
        Last edited by G42; 12-03-2021, 05:22 AM.
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
          I hope that the all fabric will return as well. I can't tell if the Mountain mostly fabric item in the pocket in one photo is the PCSB or a fabric 3DOC or a Cubelet or something...
          Yes, please. I'd buy one. Or two or three ...

Comment

Darcy -- Hello! Are there any plans (or could some be made!!) for an occasional run of black halcyon and black ballistic Syniks and Synapses with the regular Tom Bihn label instead of the blackout label? I'm holding off buying either bag, hoping for at least an occasional opportunity to get one with the regular label.

Comment

Originally posted by John1970 View Post
              Darcy -- Hello! Are there any plans (or could some be made!!) for an occasional run of black halcyon and black ballistic Syniks and Synapses with the regular Tom Bihn label instead of the blackout label? I'm holding off buying either bag, hoping for at least an occasional opportunity to get one with the regular label.
              We're having lots of discussions these days about labels, but there aren't any current plans to offer Black exterior bags w/the regular label. I will note this request in our project app, though, which will certainly lead to more label discussions
              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ablakey View Post

Now I want (at least one) of those luggage tags.

Comment

I had an aubergine luggage tag for a long time, it was very useful when I used a suitcase. Now that I one-bag with a backpack I haven’t had the need. But they’re totally worth it and I would recommend them.
                  "Not all who wander are lost"
                  "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
                  Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Darcy, I just received a new Truck in Boreal Ruff Stuff and it's gorgeous. I hope it's a good sign that this material is getting used on larger bags (we've progressed from the grab bag all the way to the monster truck!) and that Boreal Synapses and Syniks will get at least one run in 2022. Happy holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by John1970 View Post
                      Darcy, I just received a new Truck in Boreal Ruff Stuff and it's gorgeous. I hope it's a good sign that this material is getting used on larger bags (we've progressed from the grab bag all the way to the monster truck!) and that Boreal Synapses and Syniks will get at least one run in 2022. Happy holidays!
                      You'll be seeing more larger bags in Boreal in 2022 for sure.

My current every day carry is actually a Boreal bag... it's a prototype of a tote backpack design that Nik's been working on for a while now.

And Happy Holidays to you as well! We might actually get snow over the weekend here in Seattle!

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

A tote backpack!!! For real? I have been hoping for this for ages. This is truly good news. I hope it debuts soon! Especially in Boreal.

Comment

Originally posted by bunchgrass View Post
                          A tote backpack!!! For real? I have been hoping for this for ages. This is truly good news. I hope it debuts soon! Especially in Boreal.
                          For real! And with a caveat: we each might have a different picture on our minds when we think of "tote backpack" so it might not be quite what everyone is expecting. And the design could certainly continue to evolve. One thing I love about it is that it stands up on its own, so I can easily pull my laptop in and out of the compartment or reach in the pockets for my camera card reader or wallet, basically just work out of it.

Nik wants all of us to do more testing, provide more feedback, and give himself time to evaluate and possibly incorporate the feedback before it debuts... just the usual measures of thoughtfulness and thoroughness that we strive for. We're hoping it'll be released mid-late 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post

You'll be seeing more larger bags in Boreal in 2022 for sure.

My current every day carry is actually a Boreal bag... it's a prototype of a tote backpack design that Nik's been working on for a while now.

And Happy Holidays to you as well! We might actually get snow over the weekend here in Seattle!
                            Ahhhh!!! This is the dream bag I’ve been wanting, a tote backpack crossover. Darcy you minx, thanks for the sneaky-sneak good news! 😁

"Not all who wander are lost"
                            "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
                            Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

I heard a rumor that the swift and some of the knitting organizers like the yarn stuff sacks might be on pre-order at some point this year. Is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by thepatternslave View Post
                                I heard a rumor that the swift and some of the knitting organizers like the yarn stuff sacks might be on pre-order at some point this year. Is this true?
                                That's what we've been hearing... There is a new knitting bag in the works, which would probably get a pre-order, but no timing on it.... So the Swift and/or Little Swift may be a pre-order with the YSS sometime in 2022.
                                There is a notification sign up on the Swift page
                                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Working...
                                X