Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,887   Posts: 192,188   Members: 6,766   Active Members: 371
Welcome to our newest member, EthanHamric.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dear D'Arcy et al. Please let me know if I'm wasting your time, but is there ANY possibility that your suppliers can manufacture more Nordic Halcyon? I know I have raised this issue before, but it seems to me that there is a lot of pent-up demand for this fabulous colour/fabric. I know that you have released new colours recently (Taiga, Sitka, Coyote etc), but for those of us who have an aversion to green, and lust after Nordic and other blues, is there any hope? I am one of your most loyal international customers.... Yours in fevered anticipation

    Comment


      Originally posted by thepatternslave View Post
      I heard a rumor that the swift and some of the knitting organizers like the yarn stuff sacks might be on pre-order at some point this year. Is this true?
      I'd love it if the tool organizers made a comeback. They were retired about the same time I got a job where I could afford them. (T_T)

      Comment


        Originally posted by oncojeans View Post
        Dear D'Arcy et al. Please let me know if I'm wasting your time, but is there ANY possibility that your suppliers can manufacture more Nordic Halcyon? I know I have raised this issue before, but it seems to me that there is a lot of pent-up demand for this fabulous colour/fabric. I know that you have released new colours recently (Taiga, Sitka, Coyote etc), but for those of us who have an aversion to green, and lust after Nordic and other blues, is there any hope? I am one of your most loyal international customers.... Yours in fevered anticipation
        Hi...I'm adding the Darcy to flag this so that she definitely sees it
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

        Comment


          Originally posted by G42 View Post

          That's what we've been hearing... There is a new knitting bag in the works, which would probably get a pre-order, but no timing on it.... So the Swift and/or Little Swift may be a pre-order with the YSS sometime in 2022.
          There is a notification sign up on the Swift page
          Well for what it's worth, I hope the new knitting bag has a zippered top.

          (Suffice it to say, it's a necessity when you have cats. Especially one with a weird attraction to all things wool. )

          Been using a zip top shopping bag for my projects but I certainly wouldn't object to a purpose-made knitting bag upgrade.

          Comment


            Yes please for a zipper topped knitting bag. I also have been using a zip top shop bag to keep curious small hands and paws out. Flat bottomed with sides that remain upright, not floppy so it's easy to access contents. A shoulder strap attachment option would be amazingly useful too.

            Comment


              I had a little swift and sold it, super regrets, lol. Can’t wait for preorder swift and stuff sacks.
              "Not all who wander are lost"
              "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
              Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

              Comment


                Originally posted by thepatternslave View Post
                I heard a rumor that the swift and some of the knitting organizers like the yarn stuff sacks might be on pre-order at some point this year. Is this true?
                Originally posted by G42 View Post

                That's what we've been hearing... There is a new knitting bag in the works, which would probably get a pre-order, but no timing on it.... So the Swift and/or Little Swift may be a pre-order with the YSS sometime in 2022.
                There is a notification sign up on the Swift page
                Originally posted by melminimalist View Post
                I had a little swift and sold it, super regrets, lol. Can’t wait for preorder swift and stuff sacks.
                Originally posted by Ladyrixx View Post

                I'd love it if the tool organizers made a comeback. They were retired about the same time I got a job where I could afford them. (T_T)
                I'm sad to say that the update on the potential new knitting bag is that it's no longer in the works. We had some ideas, made them real, and they turned out not to be good ones. Happens more often than you'd think, except I usually don't spill the beans that early in the design process like I did this time (guess I got excited, lesson learned!) Some folks like these early details about designs and what's going on at the factory, and others understandably find it frustrating when the designs don't materialize... something I'm conscious of, but don't always get quite right, so apologies to the folks for whom this is less-than-great news.

                Part of it may be that it's difficult to improve on the Swift and Little Swift. And that led us to..... we are planning a Swift, Little Swift, Yarn Stuff Sack and Tool/Pen Wrap pre-order in early 2022. Date and many of the other details is TBD. I hope to share more on that pre-order soon, when it's all decided here amongst the crew!


                Originally posted by oncojeans View Post
                Dear D'Arcy et al. Please let me know if I'm wasting your time, but is there ANY possibility that your suppliers can manufacture more Nordic Halcyon? I know I have raised this issue before, but it seems to me that there is a lot of pent-up demand for this fabulous colour/fabric. I know that you have released new colours recently (Taiga, Sitka, Coyote etc), but for those of us who have an aversion to green, and lust after Nordic and other blues, is there any hope? I am one of your most loyal international customers.... Yours in fevered anticipation
                The way we work, and how creative and spontaneous we can be, there's always possibility unless there's some firm no-gos on the suppler side or on our side!

                At the same time, operating a "direct-to-the-customer" (as it's called) business that is also a sophisticated and complex manufacturing facility here in Seattle, and during the time of supplier-side delays and port slow-downs, means we must factor quite a lot into the decisions we make, even about colors.

                So, what we do in cases like this is pay attention, listen, log/note the request, keep it in mind, and see where it fits in (if it can) into the future, considering all of the complexities outlined above.

                That is a long way of saying: request noted, appreciated (I love Nordic personally), logged, and added to the various color requests that we will consider as part of our discussions around Halcyon colors in 2022.


                Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                  I'm sad to say that the update on the potential new knitting bag is that it's no longer
                  Part of it may be that it's difficult to improve on the Swift and Little Swift. And that led us to..... we are planning a Swift, Little Swift, Yarn Stuff Sack and Tool/Pen Wrap pre-order in early 2022. Date and many of the other details is TBD. I hope to share more on that pre-order soon, when it's all decided here amongst the crew!
                  Darcy Will there be Large Yarn Stuff Sacks in this preorder? How about the Knitting Tool Pouches?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post

                    Darcy Will there be Large Yarn Stuff Sacks in this preorder? How about the Knitting Tool Pouches?
                    +1 to both!
                    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

                    Comment


                      I would also love to see large yarn stuff sacks as part of the preorder.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                        Part of it may be that it's difficult to improve on the Swift and Little Swift. And that led us to..... we are planning a Swift, Little Swift, Yarn Stuff Sack and Tool/Pen Wrap pre-order in early 2022. Date and many of the other details is TBD. I hope to share more on that pre-order soon, when it's all decided here amongst the crew!
                        I'll definitely buy an Acuity Tool/Pen Wrap and an Acuity All Fabric Yarn Stuff if that's an option (which I really hope it'll be!)

                        I would also love to buy a Synapse 19 or Synik 22 or Paradigm (or even a Smart Alec if it does return this year) in Black Halcyon/Acuity or Night Walk/Acuity. I'm pretty sad that Acuity has never been paired with BH/NW whereas debutant colours like Moab, Taiga and Solaris are paired with BH right off the bat and Moab will be paired with NW.
                        Night Walk Synik 22, Night Walk Daylight Backpack, everything Acuity and Fjord

                        Comment


                          Pop totes make excellent zip top knitting bags too
                          A30-halcyon/UV,, S19-black halcyon/Island, SCB-Original halcyon/Wasabi, MCB-Halycon/Wasabi, SK-black halcyon/Island, SE-Aubergine/Wasabi, LS-Aubergine Fjord, shop bags and numerous bits and bobs in as many colors as i can rationalize

                          Comment


                            Darcy is a Wilderness/coyote combo planned for the pilot in the future? I see if for the co-pilot on this re-stock, but didn't see that color on the pilot.

                            Comment


                              Would you all possibly consider making the handles of the Swift a bit longer? I find it hopeless to carry on my shoulder when wearing a coat, it's sort of an exercise in frustration and not a pleasant experience. I'm sure not everyone runs into this, but cold weather makes me abandon carrying this bag which I love.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by tankcommander1554 View Post
                                Darcy is a Wilderness/coyote combo planned for the pilot in the future? I see if for the co-pilot on this re-stock, but didn't see that color on the pilot.
                                We're actually going to offer Wilderness/Moab in the next batch of Pilots: folks were asking for that combo and some other more adventurous (more adventurous than Black/Moab!) color combinations, so there we go

                                It looks like that Wilderness/Coyote Co-Pilot is from the low quantity restock, and isn't a color combo that's being offered right now or in the near future.

                                Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                                Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X