Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,896   Posts: 192,311   Members: 6,771   Active Members: 315
Welcome to our newest member, balldontlie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that the DLBC is updated for in production colours.... No Night Walk or Taiga!?
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
      I see that the DLBC is updated for in production colours.... No Night Walk or Taiga!?
      Yeah, they updated it a few days ago. I asked TB about Night Walk (in conjunction with Moab) in the DLBC and they said there's a chance in the future that combo might come around, but nothing besides LPD currently has that combo. Whether that means Night Walk in general isn't in the works for the DLBC wasn't clear.
      Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Thanks Skirata44 ! It's not like I NEED another DLBC hehe, but I'm susceptible to new 400d Halcyon options
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Thanks Skirata44 ! It's not like I NEED another DLBC hehe, but I'm susceptible to new 400d Halcyon options
          A comment and a question: They might want to monitor response to the Nightwalk/Moab combination before deciding on which bags to make in these colors. Moab looks even better in person than in the pictures (as is often the case), and combos with 400d Black Halycon, and with Taiga are other possibilities. Can someone remind me whether the DLBC shoulder strap attachment points are going to remain offset (following the June 25, 2018 blog post on Updates To Snaphook Attachment Point Placement)? (the Design Lab PCSB brought the connector points back to the sides of the PCSB, with a change of zipper design, and buried in the 10/27 (2021) blog restock notes is the comment “Oh and: this is the first batch of Side Kicks that feature the original shoulder strap attachment points.”) (With my older DLBCs I piggyback the PCSB onto the DLBC at the strap connector points at the side).

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post

A comment and a question: They might want to monitor response to the Nightwalk/Moab combination before deciding on which bags to make in these colors. Moab looks even better in person than in the pictures (as is often the case), and combos with 400d Black Halycon, and with Taiga are other possibilities. Can someone remind me whether the DLBC shoulder strap attachment points are going to remain offset (following the June 25, 2018 blog post on Updates To Snaphook Attachment Point Placement)? (the Design Lab PCSB brought the connector points back to the sides of the PCSB, with a change of zipper design, and buried in the 10/27 (2021) blog restock notes is the comment “Oh and: this is the first batch of Side Kicks that feature the original shoulder strap attachment points.”) (With my older DLBCs I piggyback the PCSB onto the DLBC at the strap connector points at the side).

moriond
            I can't find it right now, but Darcy had previously indicated that the strap location should be reverting to the original location... hopefully it is.. but the photos would also need to update/revert

Comment

I can't find it right now, but Darcy had previously indicated that the strap location should be reverting to the original location... hopefully it is.. but the photos would also need to update/revert
              There wasn’t a recent announcement,and as you say, they usually slip in a note somewhere. Even if it’s like the previous instance where the sentence is buried in with the other comments of the blog. And, of course I checked the photos. I really don’t need another DLBC.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post

moriond
                On the “Daylight Briefcase Future” thread (10-19-2021), post #2, MikeV said that the shoulder strap attachment points would be reverting to the original placement, but didn’t say how soon that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post

On the “Daylight Briefcase Future” thread (10-19-2021), post #2, MikeV said that the shoulder strap attachment points would be reverting to the original placement, but didn’t say how soon that would be.
                  Yes! The next batch of Daylight Briefcases will have the old, original strap attachments. We'll have the pictures updated for that soon

And thanks for all the comments about the Night Walk/Moab combo- it's helpful to hear that kind of stuff and we'll note the request on our color tracking project.

Comment

Hello! Darcy, I see the OSCA is in production, but without any blues. Any plans to restock in Navy 1050? (or Deep Blue 525)?

Comment

Originally posted by John1970 View Post
                      Hello! Darcy, I see the OSCA is in production, but without any blues. Any plans to restock in Navy 1050? (or Deep Blue 525)?
                      Hi John1970! We do have some Navy 1050 in the works- they'll be restocking really soon! It's a new interior- Navy 1050/Taiga 200. I just fixed it so it shows up on the site

Comment

Did I hear or read somewhere that the Road Buddy might make a come back? I really want one! But I'm not sure if I imagined that or actually saw a legit rumor somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTrek View Post
                          Did I hear or read somewhere that the Road Buddy might make a come back? I really want one! But I'm not sure if I imagined that or actually saw a legit rumor somewhere.
                          From the blog post:
                          We are hopeful that snaps will be back soon. That will allow us to restock the Aeronauts (more on that below) for the first time since 2020 and perhaps the Road Buddy Duffels down the road!

Comment

Darcy Any update on the potential batch of Daylight bags with contour straps? I'm really excited about this possibility!

Comment

Welcome to the Forums lupine !

Comment

Welcome to the Forums lupine !
                                Thank you G42! Delighted to be here

Comment

Working...
                                X