Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been through the 5 stages of TB (grief?) with the Side Kick. Wanted it, told myself I don't need it, then I justified a case to purchase it, preordered it only to change my mind & cancel it. I don't care, I'm getting this bag and I'm gonna love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Corbina View Post
      Thought I'd post what my perfect work back pack would look like... and hope that sometime in the future it will come...

What if a Brain Bag and a Synik got together and have a love child...

It would have:
      • Brain Bag two main compartments.
        • Perhaps with the ability to unzip / roll out of the way the center divider making an uber large space when needed.
        • The two main compartment sizes would equal those on the Brain Bag so that full size 17" laptops among other stuff would fit.
        • Two cache / rail tie-downs loop pairs (one for each compartment).
        • NOTE: So no need for the dedicated laptop compartment in the Synik
      • Brain Bag side compression straps to shrink it down when the extra depth is not needed.
      • Brain Bag length (18" for those with a shorter torso).
      • Brain Bag / Synik top grab handle.
      • Brain Bag / Synik sternum straps.
      • Synik outer / back pockets.
      • Synik rolling luggage handle pass through.
      • Synik clam shell opening for main compartment (just one, other could be top loaded or see note about roll-aside divider above).
      • Synik tie downs for main compartment.
      • Synik built-in / removable frame sheet.
      • Volume: 35 liters (a guess more that a want)
      • Grab handle located on one side (to allow for the pack to be carried briefcase style)
      • Ability to secure the shoulder straps so that they don't flop around when caring the pack briefcase style.
      • and...
      Any how... just was dreaming...

Regards,

- Corbina.
      Agreed! I said the same in the Wish List thread but you brought up some details I hadn't considered. You can see the BB heritage in the Synapses and Syniks. Would be cool if TB went back and revamped the original BB design, incorporating some newer innovations yet maintaining what makes the BB great. Maybe a Design Lab Brain Bag down the road?...

Comment

I would just be happy with a BB with a clamshell opening (even if it's just one of the two main zippers) and zip away divider. Other than that, it's already perfect for me once I add a frame sheet. And I prefer the pocket style and water bottle holder of the Brain Bag over the style of the Synik, since using the pockets on the Synik does cramp the interior space of the bag if you fill them too much.

Comment

Phew! The deed is done! Ordered the Side Kick in burnt orange and the Everyday Cubelet in aubergine.

Since the burnt orange Medium Cafe Bag and canary Large Shop Bag won't arrive until July (?) and the burnt orange Aeronaut 30 is the only actual bag in my possession so far … as a very recent Tom Bihn fan this is very exciting to me.

(Also ordered a dawn Minimalist Wallet to try out, and a couple more small island packing cubes while they're in stock.)

Thanks again Darcy … and everyone else on the team there ❤️
          ---
          My Bags: Burnt Orange Side Kick Aeronaut 30 Aubergine Everyday Cubelet
          With: Island Packing CubesTravel Tray Cubelet Dawn Wallet

Preordered: Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag Canary Large Shop Bag

Comment

Early heads-up that'll be good news for some folks (because it'll be a chance to order items that some folks have been hoping/waiting for) and not-so-good news (because some items may sell out quickly) for other folks. The fulfillment crew recently completed a thorough warehouse inventory, and we plan to restock a number of various bags (including some highly sought after designs and colors) in low quantities as part of the upcoming 6/23 restock. I can't share more about what'll be restocked until next week, but I can share that we'll be posting the full list here and in the FB group (and not anywhere else!) There will also likely be some new and significant additions to the 6/23 restock that we'll be announcing....
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

A couple of updates ~

Handy Little Thing (HLT) Size 1 and 2 and Pocket Pouches have been added to our 6/23 restock.

We've designed an optional Hip Belt Pocket that works great with any of our padded hip belts, though it was designed especially for use with the Le Grand Derriere. An excerpt from the (draft) description:

When we introduced the Le Grand Derriere (LGD), some folks who planned to wear it as a hip/waist/lumbar/fanny pack for hiking asked if we’d someday offer an optional external water bottle pocket for the pack. We rather stubbornly said no at first, then we wondered why we were being so stubborn. Not being able to come up with a rational explanation for our stubbornness and realizing those folks were offering up a great suggestion (special shout-out to Jennifer M!) Nik decided to make a sample of such a pocket. We tested it on hikes and it was pretty great: stowing the water bottle in the Hip Belt Pocket freed up a lot of space in the main compartment of the LGD. We even used the Hip Belt Pocket on occasion to carry other objects to which we wanted quick access: dog treats, monocular, GPS, Reese’s, etc.

The Hip Belt Pocket will be stocked on 6/23; it can be added to LGD pre-orders. Photos and more details will be up later this week!

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Darcy FYI - the pic for the double organizer pouch is missing on the In Production page. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 5.33.27 PM.png
Views:	302
Size:	512.5 KB
ID:	333120

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                  A couple of updates ~

Handy Little Thing (HLT) Size 1 and 2 and Pocket Pouches have been added to our 6/23 restock.

We've designed an optional Hip Belt Pocket that works great with any of our padded hip belts, though it was designed especially for use with the Le Grand Derriere. An excerpt from the (draft) description:

When we introduced the Le Grand Derriere (LGD), some folks who planned to wear it as a hip/waist/lumbar/fanny pack for hiking asked if we’d someday offer an optional external water bottle pocket for the pack. We rather stubbornly said no at first, then we wondered why we were being so stubborn. Not being able to come up with a rational explanation for our stubbornness and realizing those folks were offering up a great suggestion (special shout-out to Jennifer M!) Nik decided to make a sample of such a pocket. We tested it on hikes and it was pretty great: stowing the water bottle in the Hip Belt Pocket freed up a lot of space in the main compartment of the LGD. We even used the Hip Belt Pocket on occasion to carry other objects to which we wanted quick access: dog treats, monocular, GPS, Reese’s, etc.

The Hip Belt Pocket will be stocked on 6/23; it can be added to LGD pre-orders. Photos and more details will be up later this week!

Could it be ordered by itself?

It would be nice if it had its own page, in addition to be an accessory for LGD, I have been waiting for a water bottle pocket/holder from The Crew for a very, very long time.
                  Last edited by backpack; 06-15-2021, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X