Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,815   Posts: 191,185   Members: 6,708   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, rsperko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not on Instagram or Twitter, but I try to remember to look at the TB posts from time to time... The latest showed a sneak peak of the knitting pre-order stuff, including some of the colour combos (yay Original Halcyon!), and a comment to the fact that the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack isn't going to be made since a bunch of Halcyon is still sitting delayed at the port.
    Last edited by G42; 02-13-2022, 07:29 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
      I'm not on Instagram or Twitter, but I try to remember to look at the TB posts from time to time... The latest showed a sneak peak of the knitting pre-order stuff, including some of the colour combos (yay Original Halcyon!), and a comment to the fact that the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack isn't going to be made since a bunch of Halcyon is still sitting delayed at the port.
      All those glorious colors…It will be very hard to decide! I’m sad about the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack, tho; I was really looking forward to getting a couple of those

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post

All those glorious colors…It will be very hard to decide! I’m sad about the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack, tho; I was really looking forward to getting a couple of those
        The post did say that they'd consider doing the Tall YSS later in the year maybe, once supply settles down

I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

The post did say that they'd consider doing the Tall YSS later in the year maybe, once supply settles down
          That is good news! We shall keep our fingers crossed!

Comment

This was the tweet (should be generally readable, I think)https://twitter.com/tombihn/status/1492544687168753665

Comment

Hello, Darcy, will the Daylight Backpacks listed as in production have the new comfort straps (and if not, any update as to when those will be coming)? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by John1970 View Post
                Hello, Darcy, will the Daylight Backpacks listed as in production have the new comfort straps (and if not, any update as to when those will be coming)? Thanks!
                Yes! The next batch of Daylight Backpacks will have the new Contour Backpack Straps!

Comment

Just spotted that the Sprout is coming back!

Comment

I have to say, as a petite person who had the original Sprout and stubbornly insisted it "worked" as a backpack-style purse. . . . it really didn't. The Paradigm is a much better choice for both fit and organization. As soon as I packed my Paradigm the first time, I put the Sprout on Ebay with no hesitation.

I'm sure the Sprout is great for small kids, though!
                    Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Meglet View Post

I have to say, as a petite person who had the original Sprout and stubbornly insisted it "worked" as a backpack-style purse. . . . it really didn't. The Paradigm is a much better choice for both fit and organization. As soon as I packed my Paradigm the first time, I put the Sprout on Ebay with no hesitation.

I don’t have small kids anymore (alas!), but I’m thinking of picking up a couple for future grandkids (no pressure, kids!)

Comment

And some Pick Up Trucks too

Comment

And some Pick Up Trucks too
                          How did I miss those?! I think I have all the colors, but I may need some more…fill with baked goods & give as gifts!

Comment

How did I miss those?! I think I have all the colors, but I may need some more…fill with baked goods & give as gifts!
                            It was mentioned in the newsletter email that due to the delay in some zippers for products that were in process, they quickly pivoted to make some batches of other products.

ETA: and that's a cool gift idea! I think we need a) to be on your gift list or b) at least get photos of the yummy goodness in the PUT 😁
                            Last edited by G42; 03-06-2022, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meglet View Post

Meglet The redesigned Sprout worked a lot better than the original Sprout. Even though those were apparently not very large changes. It still has advantages over the Paradigm and the hack for extending the straps meant that you could even use this on a growing kid or on a somewhat larger adult ( or a not so bulky adult wearing bulky outerwear). It’s wider than either the Paradigm or the Zeitschrift, so some of the reason that smaller build forum users love the Smart Alec apply.

@Wanderlust did you get versions of the Pick-Up Truck in the 630d recycled fabric? That was the major addition to the Pick-Up Truck preorder ( along with the fact that at the time they announced the original retirement. Deep Blue was not available because the fabric wa in the process of being restocked).

HTH

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                                Meglet The redesigned Sprout worked a lot better than the original Sprout. Even though those were apparently not very large changes. It still has advantages over the Paradigm and the hack for extending the straps meant that you could even use this on a growing kid or on a somewhat larger adult ( or a not so bulky adult wearing bulky outerwear). It’s wider than either the Paradigm or the Zeitschrift, so some of the reason that smaller build forum users love the Smart Alec apply.

@Wanderlust did you get versions of the Pick-Up Truck in the 630d recycled fabric? That was the major addition to the Pick-Up Truck preorder ( along with the fact that at the time they announced the original retirement. Deep Blue was not available because the fabric wa in the process of being restocked).

HTH

moriond
                                I have the Deep Blue, Burnt Orange, Nebulous Grey, and Aubergine in 525 Ballistic.
                                And Dawn, Coyote, Island, and Grass in 210 Ballistic.
                                I don’t have any in the recycled fabric yet, but they’re in my Wish List.

Comment

Working...
                                X