Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,822   Posts: 191,278   Members: 6,719   Active Members: 269
Welcome to our newest member, tinacap77.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All! I wanted to let you know that along with tomorrow's restock we'll also be doing a returns/low quantity restock at the same time. There is no exhaustive list this time around but there are a few things that will catch folks' interest like a Brain Bag, a couple of Cadets, and a few PIKA Pouches and Travel Laundry Stuff Sacks! Just wanted to give you all on the forums a heads up

We do have more Brain Bags and Cadets coming really soon so if you're after one of those the wait shouldn't be too much longer!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
      Hi All! I wanted to let you know that along with tomorrow's restock we'll also be doing a returns/low quantity restock at the same time. There is no exhaustive list this time around but there are a few things that will catch folks' interest like a Brain Bag, a couple of Cadets, and a few PIKA Pouches and Travel Laundry Stuff Sacks! Just wanted to give you all on the forums a heads up

We do have more Brain Bags and Cadets coming really soon so if you're after one of those the wait shouldn't be too much longer!
      Any idea when the full selection of Cadets will be available?

Comment

Originally posted by tankcommander1554 View Post

Any idea when the full selection of Cadets will be available?
        It's looking like they'll be early April.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV View Post

It's looking like they'll be early April.
          Thank you! One other question...I seem to recall reading the Cadet shoulder strap attachment points are going back to the side of the bag. Is that accurate?

Comment

tankcommander1554 Yes! We are working to get the photos updated on the site before they're restocked but all of the upcoming Cadets have the shoulder strap attachment moved back to the side of the bag.

Comment

Ooooh, I see DLBC colours updated and new Grab Bags
              I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Out of curiosity, what ever happened to Boreal Ruff Stuff? I liked its particular shade of green, but only a couple smaller items have been made out of it thus far (that I'm aware of, anyway). It sounded like it had a similar feel to cordura, but is it a fabric that has the shortcomings of cordura (collects pet hair, abrades clothes) without the great aspects of cordura (really tough, nice matte canvas look)? Was its "ruff-ness" too ruff--er, rough? Will we ever see full-size packs made from it?

Comment

Originally posted by ittoujuu View Post
                  Out of curiosity, what ever happened to Boreal Ruff Stuff?
                  There's quite a few items that have been made out of Boreal Ruff Stuff so far: https://www.tombihn.com/search?q=boreal

Since it's still a relatively new material, I guess TB are still experimenting with it. There may also be supply issues (just guessing), as with many other materials, so they may be restricting things to certain types of bags and pouches.

Comment

Originally posted by ittoujuu View Post
                    Out of curiosity, what ever happened to Boreal Ruff Stuff?
                    To build in what dirkhaun said, it only debuted in August, which isn't very long ago in the TB production universe.
                    Here's the blog post announcing it in the Grab Bag
                    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/8...8181f9dc&_ss=r

Note that TB wanted to hear what folks thought about it before using it in more items... They've since expanded into Shop Bags, Trucks, and it's in production for the Zeitgeist.
                    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Thanks for the info, G42 and dirkhaun. I knew it was being used in the Grab Bag, and it looks like it's also appeared in a number of tote bags. The biggest surprise is that they're doing a Boreal Ruff Stuff Zeitgeist. While not a pack I would buy, it's nice to see photos of it in use on a backpack - it's actually quite handsome, with what appears to be a very canvas-y look and texture. Kinda like a midpoint between olive cordura and a more forest-type color. I'll be on the lookout for people's thoughts on using it day-to-day as a pack fabric.

Comment

The 6APR restock is up
                        https://www.tombihn.com/collections/restock

and a fun post on the Brain Bag
                        https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/brain-bag-what-fits

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
                          Ooooh, I see DLBC colours updated and new Grab Bags
                          Just a slight correction, it's the Daylight Backpack that updated, not the briefcase. Got my hopes up there, I really want a DLBC in Night Walk-although now that the DLBP is getting it, might not be too far off. Fingers crossed!
                          Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post

Just a slight correction, it's the Daylight Backpack that updated, not the briefcase. Got my hopes up there, I really want a DLBC in Night Walk-although now that the DLBP is getting it, might not be too far off. Fingers crossed!
                            Thanks, typo! and probably wishful thinking since I too would love a DLBC in Night Walk...and a Paragon in NW

Comment

On the latest 'Rare Bag Giveaway' page.... I see some orange fabric back there... Darcy is that more leftovers/samples for Grab Bags or maybe maybe new orange?

https://www.tombihn.com/pages/newsletter

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 18.50.59.png
Views:	368
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	339185

Comment

G42 I took the photo and I can tell ya that those oranges are all leftoevers or samples, most of the rolls/fabrics in general in that area are. We're more likely to see the majority of the fabrics there as Grab Bags than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X