Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,819   Posts: 191,213   Members: 6,714   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, adb755.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post

I agree that it's pretty but I still prefer NWS for visibility reasons, as it's quite a bit lighter than moab.
    I'm just hoping they bring back Verde 1050 and the WF!

Comment

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post

I agree that it's pretty but I still prefer NWS for visibility reasons, as it's quite a bit lighter than moab.
      I definitely get where you're coming from, it's a nice neutral color that's fairly light. That being said, it's (in my opinion) TOO neutral sometimes, and due to the Great Halcyon Shortage is sometimes the only interior color available with certain exterior colors. I don't mind NWS (my Halcyon Pilot is lined with it!) but sometimes I'd like a little more craziness on the inside of my bag, you know?
      Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Both sizes of the fjord laundry stuff sacks were sold out by the time I was able to check my email three and a half hours after it was sent out. I wish they had done a preorder for fjord items.

Comment

Originally posted by cucumber.sandwich View Post
          Both sizes of the fjord laundry stuff sacks were sold out by the time I was able to check my email three and a half hours after it was sent out. I wish they had done a preorder for fjord items.
          Fjord and Zest will be restocked on Friday, June 10th at 7am PST, including both sizes of the laundry stuff sacks. Hopefully this time will work for you so you can get one or both sizes.
          Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

Originally posted by cucumber.sandwich View Post
            Not sure which email you received, but as Aeon said, the Fjord and Zest accessories go live Friday morning, so you haven't missed it.
            There are two blog posts, including Q&A, up on the main shop site with the latest info. The main site also has a special collection page (as usual), for the items restocking Friday morning. I hope you get what you're looking for!
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Oh, thank you. I must have misread the email

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post

We're having lots of discussions these days about labels, but there aren't any current plans to offer Black exterior bags w/the regular label. I will note this request in our project app, though, which will certainly lead to more label discussions
                Hi there. Long time fan. I didn’t want to start a new thread and I’m not sure you’re getting my posts on Instagram, Twitter, email (😉), that I’d like the regular label to come back on the black bags.

Comment

Originally posted by socialworktech View Post

Hi there. Long time fan. I didn’t want to start a new thread and I’m not sure you’re getting my posts on Instagram, Twitter, email (😉), that I’d like the regular label to come back on the black bags.
                  I'm not Darcy and don't work at TB, but I can tell you from my own emails with TB of earlier today and reports in our Facebook group that others have had with TB that the regular label will be coming back on many of the black bags (and is already back on some, including some Synik 30s and one of the black Smart Alecs that was available for pre-order).

Comment

I’m disappointed. I really prefer the black label, especially on black bags.

Comment

Originally posted by user292372 View Post
                      I’m disappointed. I really prefer the black label, especially on black bags.
                      Agreed, at least make this an option - typically the whole point of a black bag is to stay under the radar and not advertise "fancy bag everyone!".

Also, another reason for the black carry-on under seat bag is to kinda hide it, especially if you get up to use the bathroom and bright tags ruin that.

Comment

Originally posted by GrussGott View Post

stay under the radar and not advertise "fancy bag everyone!"..
                        A while ago I travelled to place where I knew anything that advertised USA would make me sort of stand out, kinda in an unsafe way. (Solo female traveller).
                        So... I used a black "laundry sharpie" and blacked out my A45 label.

please don't flame me x

Comment

socialworktech John1970 user292372 GrussGott bijoux

This label feedback is really helpful- thanks! It's our intention to continue making some black bags with the black labels and some with the red airplane labels

Comment

One thing that might be interesting is seeing the blackout label on certain colors other than black. The black "Design Lab" label on the brown Shadow Guide looked so chic that I started thinking, "You know...maybe on some of the darker, more subdued colors like Brown, Olive, and Navy, it'd look pretty good..."

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
                              socialworktech John1970 user292372 GrussGott bijoux

This label feedback is really helpful- thanks! It's our intention to continue making some black bags with the black labels and some with the red airplane labels
                              Thanks! I'm excited for the return of the regular label to the black bags. Hoping for some black halcyon/moab or black halcyon/fjord or black halcyon/zest S30s or S25s with the regular label.

Comment

Originally posted by ittoujuu View Post
                                One thing that might be interesting is seeing the blackout label on certain colors other than black. The black "Design Lab" label on the brown Shadow Guide looked so chic that I started thinking, "You know...maybe on some of the darker, more subdued colors like Brown, Olive, and Navy, it'd look pretty good..."
                                Red Blend too. I love the blackout label.

Comment

Working...
                                X