Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,894   Posts: 192,289   Members: 6,770   Active Members: 313
Welcome to our newest member, Bayareaguy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craigmcclellan
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post

We just chatted about this today! The next order of Paragons will include Night Walk and 1000d Cordura options; those bags will be done around late October, I'd estimate. Before then, there will be a Paragon restock, but it won't include those colors.
    Darcy I noticed in the latest blog post that the Paragon wasnโ€™t listed as coming in Nightwalk. Is that an oversight or a change of plans? If itโ€™s a change I might just have to order one in Taiga. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    Originally posted by John1970 View Post

Unrelated question: Is there a new color called Boreal? Or is that a really old one that I missed?
    I don't know if it's Boreal but apparently there's a new color swatch available if you ask for a sample of all the new fabrics.

Leave a comment:

• John1970
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post

Good question. Yes, those lists be updated by EOD tomorrow.
    Unrelated question: Is there a new color called Boreal? Or is that a really old one that I missed?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by John1970 View Post
    Darcy -- will the website be updated before the 8/30 restock to indicate which Syniks and Synapses have the racquet coil zippers? I see it is mostly current, except for a few colors/fabrics (of course the ones I am interested in)? Thanks!
    Good question. Yes, those lists be updated by EOD tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• John1970
    replied
    Darcy -- will the website be updated before the 8/30 restock to indicate which Syniks and Synapses have the racquet coil zippers? I see it is mostly current, except for a few colors/fabrics (of course the ones I am interested in)? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    Originally posted by latchford View Post
    Is that a Small Q-Kit in Cloud(?) Ballistic and a Medium All Fabric Organizer Pouch in Dawn(?) Ballistic in the Zeitgeist video? ๐Ÿ‘€

Does that mean we'll have those two items in 210 or 525 ballistic colours coming up? ๐Ÿ˜

Click image for larger version Name:	928CEA20-7761-4E43-B14A-897BD1244B8C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	335347
    Hopefully they're the surprise in the 8/30 restock.

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeV View Post
    We've got some bags coming along in new colors and fabrics as part of the restock on August 30! These have been added to the site today and we expect photos to be ready by the end of next week

Any chance the LGD will be offered in Black Halcyon/Northwest Sky or Black Halcyon/Taiga 200? Or the Synapse 19 in cordura?
    Last edited by Shortie; 08-21-2021, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Glassman
    replied
    I'm really hoping the Makers Bag will again be presented in the lovely black and wasabi suit of clothing!

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    ittoujuu you can request free fabric swatches from the fine folks in customer service to get a better idea of the colour and hand

Leave a comment:

• ittoujuu
    replied
    Strongly curious to see what the Synapse in Seapine Green and the Synik in Olive Cordura look like (and this "cocoa" cordura, which I don't think I've ever seen before)! They could end up as potential alternatives to waiting out a Wilderness/Cloud S25, if I like the look enough. Somehow, I always figured the recycled 630 would be close to the 525 Ballistic fabric in weight and feel, but from MikeV's comment, it seems like it's actually quite a bit different. I went to find it in the Materials Glossary, and lo and behold, there was a nicely written-up entry for it! While having the word "ballistic" to describe a fabric can only make it cooler, it sounds like the recycled 630 is no slouch, and would make a pack comparable in sturdiness to the 525. And Cordura is a nice pick for a pack like the Synapse or Synik, where there design already has a mesh panel/smoother fabric for the part that comes in contact with your back.
    Last edited by ittoujuu; 08-21-2021, 12:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• labrain
    replied
    Darcy - any chance that fabric OPs will be making an appearance in fun new colors?

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust77
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrealle View Post

Any chance this is a sign that Seapine will make its way into new bags? Like, dare I hope, the Luminary or MB?
    And maybe the MB in Logic Blue?

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied

Good question, Surrealle! Neither of those are in the works right now but it's possible we'd do the Maker's Bag in that fabric. I'd say the Luminary is less likely- when we launched that bag a few years ago we determined 400d Halcyon to not be quite right and the structure/hand of 630 is closer to 400d than 525d.

Ack! I had some edits unsaved but fixed it now. We do have a few Black Synik 30s in the works. In the next upcoming batch: Black 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon, Black 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon, Black 400 Halcyon/Solaris 200 Halcyon. And in a batch due a few weeks later: Black 525 Ballistic/Sitka 400 Halcyon and Black 400 Halcyon/Taiga 200 Halcyon.
    Good to know, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• MikeV
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrealle View Post

Any chance this is a sign that Seapine will make its way into new bags? Like, dare I hope, the Luminary or MB?
    Good question, Surrealle! Neither of those are in the works right now but it's possible we'd do the Maker's Bag in that fabric. I'd say the Luminary is less likely- when we launched that bag a few years ago we determined 400d Halcyon to not be quite right and the structure/hand of 630 is closer to 400d than 525d.

Originally posted by BF67 View Post

Thanks for the update! Does this mean that you all are dropping the Black 400 Halcyon/Island 200 Halcyon and Black 525 Ballistic/Island 210 Ballistic Synik 30 from the update?
    Ack! I had some edits unsaved but fixed it now. We do have a few Black Synik 30s in the works. In the next upcoming batch: Black 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon, Black 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon, Black 400 Halcyon/Solaris 200 Halcyon. And in a batch due a few weeks later: Black 525 Ballistic/Sitka 400 Halcyon and Black 400 Halcyon/Taiga 200 Halcyon.

Leave a comment:

• BF67
    replied
    We've got some bags coming along in new colors and fabrics as part of the restock on August 30! These have been added to the site today and we expect photos to be ready by the end of next week

Synapse 25- Seapine 630 Recycled/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Synapse 25- Logic Blue 630 Recycled/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Synapse 25- Red Blend 1000 Cordura/Dawn 210 Ballistic
    Synapse 25- Beaver Camo 1000 Cordura/Coyote 210 Ballistic
    Synapse 25- Night Walk 400 Halcyon/NW Sky 200 Halcyon

Synik 30- Beaver Camo 1000 Cordura/Coyote 210 Ballistic
    Synik 30- Olive 1000 Cordura/Cloud 210 Ballistic

Le Grand Derriere- Black 400 Halcyon/Island/Island 200 Halcyon
    Le Grand Derriere- Original 400 Halcyon/Island/Island 200 Halcyon
    Le Grand Derriere- Night Walk 400 Halcyon/Black/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Le Grand Derriere- Taiga 400 Halcyon/Coyote/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Thanks for the update! Does this mean that you all are dropping the Black 400 Halcyon/Island 200 Halcyon and Black 525 Ballistic/Island 210 Ballistic Synik 30 from the update?
    Last edited by BF67; 08-20-2021, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X