Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,814   Posts: 191,170   Members: 6,704   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, chrisdc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdowney83 View Post
    I am sorry if I missed it, but I am noticing some of the new restocked bags, like the Synik 30 with black ballistic have pictures with the colored label. Are the black ballistic / Black Halcyon bags coming with the blackout label or the colored label? Thank you
    They're mixing it up, moving away from the black out label a bit, so it will depend on the bag and when it was made.
    The Cambiata pre-order has a Deep Blue with the black out label for the first time
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

They're mixing it up, moving away from the black out label a bit, so it will depend on the bag and when it was made.
      The Cambiata pre-order has a Deep Blue with the black out label for the first time
      Thank you. Is there anyway of knowing which you will get when you order? Outside of emailing TB to check.

Comment

Originally posted by jdowney83 View Post

Thank you. Is there anyway of knowing which you will get when you order? Outside of emailing TB to check.
        The photo that shows for the colour combo when you order is what you get (unless they just make a mistake when they upload the new inventory).

I know they used different internal TB part number codes for bound vs edgeless straps when that transition happened, for instance, so they should be tracking the label somehow but I haven't looked at how they're doing it, since it's not a primary driver for me.
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I know this is completely subjective so asking for fun feedback: zest organization on zest interior or Nordic organization on zest interior? I think either would be fun. I'm not really worried about seeing the pouches and cubes. Zest might have better resale in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by hedd View Post
            I know this is completely subjective so asking for fun feedback: zest organization on zest interior or Nordic organization on zest interior? I think either would be fun. I'm not really worried about seeing the pouches and cubes. Zest might have better resale in the long run.
            Hmmm, I would say zest organizers are the way to go if you want to be sure not to leave anything behind in your hotel room!
            ----
            All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
            Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post

Hmmm, I would say zest organizers are the way to go if you want to be sure not to leave anything behind in your hotel room!
              Good point! I like it. Orange is also my favorite color. I need to take a picture of all my orange liners after my synik gets in.

Comment

Heads up, the Cubelet in Zest was stocked last night and Fjord is In Production

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
                  Heads up, the Cubelet in Zest was stocked last night and Fjord is In Production
                  I did not need to know that!!!
                  Black/Tidal Smart Alec, Night Walk/Northwest Sky Synik 22, Night Walk Daylight Backpack, everything Acuity and Fjord

Comment

Originally posted by latchford View Post

I did not need to know that!!!
                    Ack, sorry!
                    I'm definitely not going to tell you then, that both sizes of Zest and Fjord Spiff Kits are In Production too 😉

Comment

The Ghost Whales have been restocked, if you were looking for a specific colour/size combination.

And the Color Zipper Ghost Whales are now a "Retired Design".

Comment

Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post
                        The Ghost Whales have been restocked, if you were looking for a specific colour/size combination.

And the Color Zipper Ghost Whales are now a "Retired Design".
                        I don't think that I have seen these in stock for some time, even if they are only now officially retired. The colored zipper variety that I really miss (and which sold out early) is the one with Spacer Mesh. I'll extract a couple of pictures from my 12-09-2019 post in the Key Troubles thread:

Mini and Super Mini Ghost Whale Pouches with Mini Q-Kit
                        These are Color Zipper Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches and a Mini Q-Kit
                        Mini Spacer Mesh/Ultraviolet Zipper, Super-Mini ScrapBlack/Iberian Zipper, Mini Q-Kit Kiwi (retired color)
                        Close-up view of open Mini Color Ghost Whale Pouch

Close up view of keys in the open Mini Ghost Whale Pouch with Spacer Mesh/Ultraviolet zipper

The spacer mesh provided some light padding and you could partially see through the mesh into the contents

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post

There are currently some Zest Travel Stuff Sack Options available but they appear to be selling. There are more Solaris options if you want an alternate bright color.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                            The colored zipper variety that I really miss (and which sold out early) is the one with Spacer Mesh.
                            Ooh, I didn't even know these existed. I have a few regular Black Mesh GW, but they look much nicer with coloured zippers.

Comment

Working...
                            X