Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,736   Posts: 190,242   Members: 6,598   Active Members: 269
Welcome to our newest member, ellemef.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrealle
    replied
    Originally posted by ittoujuu View Post
    The Paramour looks right up my alley, but with it launching as pre-order only, is it meant to be a one-off run, or something that will stick around and get multiple runs in different color combinations? It has the regular label, so it's not a "Design Lab" piece, but I hadn't seen a new product launch as pre-order only before. That seems to mainly be something done for archive designs brought back for a run every couple years.
    This is a great question.

On a related note, I have no issue with limited releases, but I really wish TB would do them at least twice so I can see if I like the bag before investing in more colors. The one-and-done releases of new bags are very difficult to work with as a customer, and I'm sure have led to a lot of people missing out on additional purchases/different colors they would have liked to get after they had the bag in hand.
    Last edited by Surrealle; 04-23-2022, 07:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ittoujuu
    replied
    The Paramour looks right up my alley, but with it launching as pre-order only, is it meant to be a one-off run, or something that will stick around and get multiple runs in different color combinations? It has the regular label, so it's not a "Design Lab" piece, but I hadn't seen a new product launch as pre-order only before. That seems to mainly be something done for archive designs brought back for a run every couple years.

Leave a comment:

• John1970
    replied
    Originally posted by MatthewR View Post
    400 Halcyon's definitely been on our mind a lot lately and with our supply chain issues, it creates some hard choices about what to use it in and what not to. In the end we decided not to use it in the SA.

You're right that the back panel hasn't been updated aside from the shoulder straps being Edgeless instead of Bound-Edge, the SA revision was definitely tested seriously but ended up not being used. Perhaps in the future we'll find a way to do it but this time around it didn't work out how we wanted it to so we decided to do the SA as it was originally designed aside from swapping over the straps and in our current materials.

Cristina It's likely that you'd run into the same problem with the Paramour -- the Paragon's back panel and the Paramour's are pretty much identical.

G42 The last time we made the Pilot in Night Walk was late October 2021.
    Thanks for the explanation, Matthew. Appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• MatthewR
    replied
    400 Halcyon's definitely been on our mind a lot lately and with our supply chain issues, it creates some hard choices about what to use it in and what not to. In the end we decided not to use it in the SA.

You're right that the back panel hasn't been updated aside from the shoulder straps being Edgeless instead of Bound-Edge, the SA revision was definitely tested seriously but ended up not being used. Perhaps in the future we'll find a way to do it but this time around it didn't work out how we wanted it to so we decided to do the SA as it was originally designed aside from swapping over the straps and in our current materials.

Cristina It's likely that you'd run into the same problem with the Paramour -- the Paragon's back panel and the Paramour's are pretty much identical.

G42 The last time we made the Pilot in Night Walk was late October 2021.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Does anyone remember if the Pilot restock (2x ago I think) had Night Walk? It was originally one of the items scheduled to get NW based on the NW blog post, but I don't recall seeing if it was actually available...

Leave a comment:

• Cristina
    replied
    I am so curious about the Paramour. I love the Paradigm, but I really hated the fit of the Paragon (there is something about my shoulders that doesn’t fit well with some TB bags). In theory I’d love a bigger Paradigm but if it’s on a Paragon body, I’m a bit wary.

Leave a comment:

• Aeon
    replied
    I'm super bummed about the Smart Alec pre-order as I was hoping that Black Halcyon would be offered, but it's not to be.

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    One thing I can share, even though the Smart Alec reissue is likely slated for early 2022: it'll have the same back panel (breathable mesh, removable internal frame + laptop compartment) of the Shadow Guide V2.
    Granted this was said almost a year ago and I know there is always a lot in flux regarding materials and production at TB (and maybe the product page of the SA has yet to be updated), but the back panel of the SA hasn't changed and that was the number one reason why I was hoping for another SA-preorder. I've been saving my pennies to buy an updated SA but so far it looks like the only update besides some material changes are the straps.

But I'm glad that this much-wanted bag has been brought back for a pre-order for everyone else. It's a great bag; I bought it on a whim and it's honestly been such a workhorse for me ever since.
    Last edited by Aeon; 04-21-2022, 01:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• epeterson
    replied
    Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post
    So it looks like the Paradigm and Paragon are getting a big brother https://www.tombihn.com/products/paramour
    Oh man. I have been wanting to see that front pocket on a bigger bag ever since the Paradigm was announced. But....no mesh on the back ...I will be sad in the heat. I envy those who live in cooler climates, or don't sweat much.

Edit: OMG SMART ALEC!!!
    Last edited by epeterson; 04-21-2022, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dirkhaun
    replied
    So it looks like the Paradigm and Paragon are getting a big brother https://www.tombihn.com/products/paramour

Leave a comment:

• setrombley
    replied
    I grabbed one of those duffels, so thanks, Dirkhaun!

Leave a comment:

• dirkhaun
    replied
    Originally posted by G42 View Post
    There were some Le Petit Derriere showing, a black Pop Tote, and various other random stuff
    I also spot a Parental Unit (Nebulous Grey only) and even Yeoman Duffels (cancelled pre-orders, I assume).

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    There were some Le Petit Derriere showing, a black Pop Tote, and various other random stuff

Leave a comment:

• MikeV
    replied
    Hi folks! We're planning a returns/low quantity restock for tomorrow at 7am, PST. We don't have a detailed list but a few things going up are some RFID Passport Pouches, a few Daylight Backpacks (the last of them before the shoulder strap change), and a handful of Small Snake Charmers. Just wanted to give you all a heads up

Leave a comment:

• dirkhaun
    replied
    Ghost Whales have been restocked, if you were looking for a particular size/colour combination.

And the Strap Keepers in black are available again (yesterday they were only available in Coyote).

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    There are in production colours up for the Aeronaut/Techonaut 30 Packing Cube Backpack...this item hasn't been available in quite some time

https://www.tombihn.com/products/a30...nt=33871895239

Leave a comment:

Working...
X