Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,894   Posts: 192,289   Members: 6,770   Active Members: 313
Welcome to our newest member, Bayareaguy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G42 View Post

a disincentive for those (like me) who would maybe buy an additional one just for [many reasons].
    I'd agree ... I don't really need another WF or A30/45 but I'd definitely buy one purely to "upgrade" to the new design. With that, this change isn't desirable or an upgrade for me so I'll hold off ... bummer though, because I love adding new bags and have been waiting for this Aeronaut redesign.

That said, if they make an A45 or WF in Nightwalk or some other cool Halcyon I'm totally in!

Comment

Originally posted by GrussGott View Post
      Just sayin my birthday was recent soooo ... you know ....
      Happy Birthday! 🥳🎁
      I'm sure the WF combos listed are place holders and they'll update/add more closer to whenever the go live date is
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Hello MikeV -- I noticed that the "in production" photos of the Techonaut in Night Walk show the Design Labs label instead of the regular label like the other Techonauts. Will the Night Walk Techonauts be getting the regular label (I hope!)?

Comment

Originally posted by John1970 View Post
          Hello MikeV -- I noticed that the "in production" photos of the Techonaut in Night Walk show the Design Labs label instead of the regular label like the other Techonauts. Will the Night Walk Techonauts be getting the regular label (I hope!)?
          Great question! Any Techonauts in production will have the airplane logo going forward (some Black options will have the black airplane). We haven't gotten the photo updated on that yet but are working on it!

Comment

There are two new Grab Bag combos In Production... have to say, I'm liking the Viridian/Mountain Grey one.

Most of you know I'm a huge halcyon fan ( esp 400d!) but one Ballistic bag that I have & really like is a Side Kick in Cloud 525 Ballistic/Viridian 210 Ballistic. Greys with teals are such a complementary calming colour combo to me.
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Hey MikeV is Mars Red gone gone or just gone for a bit?

Comment

There are two new Grab Bag combos In Production... have to say, I'm liking the Viridian/Mountain Grey one.

Most of you know I'm a huge halcyon fan ( esp 400d!) but one Ballistic bag that I have & really like is a Side Kick in Cloud 525 Ballistic/Viridian 210 Ballistic. Greys with teals are such a complementary calming colour combo to me.
                This.

I remember when the new 525 and 210 fabrics were introduced they went way out on a limb and made some bold color combinations available for a single production run and one time only.

One of those items was a Cloud/Grass S19 and it’s another bag I regret selling because it was peak Tom Bihn color experimentation.

I understand the bags have to remain fairly neutral and lean professional more often than casual, but for those bold enough to carry them, I really do appreciate the hell out of the times they haven’t been afraid to use bright colors.

And yes, G42, I totally agree. I don’t really care for Steel or Nebulous but I do like Cloud, and it pairs really well with Viridian.

And maybe it’s not that I don’t like certain colors, they just haven’t paired them up with a complementary color I’ve liked? Makes me wonder.
                I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I use most often:
                Everyday Carry: CP or SK
                Overnight Travel: SN22 and SZTSB
                Car Travel: Medium YD and MT
                Plane Travel: CP and WF

Comment

That Cloud/Grass S19 was just mentioned on Ravelry and they graciously posted a photo when I requested it (as I couldn't recall having seen it.) It is indeed a lovely combo!
                  I tend to lean towards the darker greys generally, but the right combo with Cloud is very very nice.

Comment

Hey MikeV is Mars Red gone gone or just gone for a bit?
                    I ended up emailing customer service this same question yesterday, as I was trying to decide between waiting for a S25 in Mars Red or trying it out in Night Walk. Here's what Kat wrote: "We also have run out of the Mars Red 525 fabric as we're currently transitioning to the almost identical 630 Ballistic. We won't be replacing Mars Red at this time, but it's possible we could see it or a new red 630 Ballistic in the future."

Comment

Working...
                    X