Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,434   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 336
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G42 View Post

That's a good question... aside from the SK/SE synergy, TB has said before that basic Black with neutral interior is the #1 combo overall for many bags....

Let's Darcy to see if she can take a look
    Just heard from Cody this morning (I'd submitted an email inquiry before I remembered these forums were a good place to ask questions too), who said that the Black/Cloud combo for the Side Kick was indeed inadvertently omitted from the website (it's there now) and will be available for preorder on the 29th. Hizzah! Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterJacques View Post
      Not sure if this is the right place to ask questions about the 7/29 restock and color options, but here goes ...

Over the time I've gone back and forth between deciding between the Side Kick and Side Effect, I've noticed that both have pretty consistently been available in the same colorways - which makes sense, given the shared DNA between the two.

However, the 7/29 restock information for the Side Kick seems to be missing the Black 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic option, which is available for the Side Effect ... and which is the combo I'd most had my heart set on. I seem to remember the Black/Cloud option for the Side Kick being available previously. Any chance it was mistakenly removed as an option in the migration to the new website, or will the new Side Kicks really not be available in this color combo?

Thanks for catching that, MisterJacques! I'm glad Cody was able to help
      Last edited by MikeV; 07-27-2021, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I got my parcel today and instantly switched my EDC stuff to the Ursa/Dawn MCB. Love the color combination!

And I have to say, the LCBs I ordered are HUGE! Not sure what I expected... They look pretty big on my frame. We'll see how much use they will get.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210727_191834331.jpg
Views:	1126
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	334439

Comment

Happy to see that the LGD will be offered in Night Walk. Will it also be offered in Black Halcyon and Taiga 400?

Comment

With all the Duffles, Cafe Bags, Shop Bags, MTs and Trucks being produced in the new Cordura, etc colors and fabrics - am wondering if remnants will find life as Ghost Whale’s at some point? Imagining an A5 in Canary or a super mini in Beaver Camo would be fun! Is this a possibility Darcy?

Comment

I love the color zipper Ghost Whales. Any thought of doing something similar on anything else? My brain has formed a picture of a black Cubelet with an ultraviolet zipper, so clear that it's as if I actually saw the photo somewhere. I want one!

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                Happy to see that the LGD will be offered in Night Walk. Will it also be offered in Black Halcyon and Taiga 400?
                Yeah! Those three options will be listed on the website as In Production soon (though the photo will be the "coming soon" image for a while).

Originally posted by KCam View Post
                With all the Duffles, Cafe Bags, Shop Bags, MTs and Trucks being produced in the new Cordura, etc colors and fabrics - am wondering if remnants will find life as Ghost Whale’s at some point? Imagining an A5 in Canary or a super mini in Beaver Camo would be fun! Is this a possibility Darcy?
                I expect there will be some Cordura options for both Ghost Whales and classic Organizer Pouches (Clear and Double) around September/October. I'm excited for those, too: Canary will be an ideal pouch color given that it's so bright.

Originally posted by Poultry View Post
                I love the color zipper Ghost Whales. Any thought of doing something similar on anything else? My brain has formed a picture of a black Cubelet with an ultraviolet zipper, so clear that it's as if I actually saw the photo somewhere. I want one!
                That'd be fun. Our plan was to put the color zippers out there in the Icon and Ghost Whales and see how many requests we received for other bags w/color zippers.... adding this to the color request tracking thread. Might be an especially fun thing to offer for the holidays.

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Yes, please — Canary Ghost Whales with Island or Iberian zippers gets my vote!
                  Thank you Darcy!

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post

I expect there will be some Cordura options for both Ghost Whales and classic Organizer Pouches (Clear and Double) around September/October. I'm excited for those, too: Canary will be an ideal pouch color given that it's so bright.
                    As someone who's been asking for Ghost Whales in 200 or 400d Halcyon for a few years now, I'll definitely take a Cordura one too. Very excited for that!
                    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Wow I haven’t been here in awhile!

I’m looking for an everyday laptop+tablet+accessories carry bag with more space than the Cadet. Since the Empire Builder I’ve had my eye on has been retired, I’m thinking the Western Flyer would fit my needs perfectly, BUT I’d really like to get it in Burnt Orange!

Darcy, are there any future plans to offer more color options for the Western Flyer?

I know the Tri-Star is very similar and comes in Burnt Orange, but I feel like it’s just slightly too big for my needs. The slightly smaller profile of the Western Flyer would be much better for me since I plan to carry it with other stuff and I’m not a big person.

Comment

Restock page has been updated! Next restock will be Monday 8/16 at the usual 7:00am PT.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by GDM View Post
                          Wow I haven’t been here in awhile!

I’m looking for an everyday laptop+tablet+accessories carry bag with more space than the Cadet. Since the Empire Builder I’ve had my eye on has been retired, I’m thinking the Western Flyer would fit my needs perfectly, BUT I’d really like to get it in Burnt Orange!

Darcy, are there any future plans to offer more color options for the Western Flyer?

I know the Tri-Star is very similar and comes in Burnt Orange, but I feel like it’s just slightly too big for my needs. The slightly smaller profile of the Western Flyer would be much better for me since I plan to carry it with other stuff and I’m not a big person.
                          Welcome back

We're hoping to fit another production run of the Western Flyer into the schedule sometime soon, and it would definitely include more color options. It's a bit too early in the process for me to give a specific ETA on when those would be available for order, though. Sorry, wish I could offer more specificity!

Comment

Darcy,

Any timeframe for the Synik 22 to be made in Nightwatch?? Weeks or months?

Just ordered one in 525, but this color Halcyon is stunning.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

I haven't been on the forums in a while since my travel (and there for bag use) was on hiatus. But I needed to say: Zeitgeist is the backpack I've been waiting for!

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonindenver View Post
                                Darcy,
                                Any timeframe for the Synik 22 to be made in Nightwatch?? Weeks or months?
                                Weeks! Will be part of a late August or early September restock.

Originally posted by Lia View Post
                                I haven't been on the forums in a while since my travel (and there for bag use) was on hiatus. But I needed to say: Zeitgeist is the backpack I've been waiting for!
                                Yay!!!

I still haven't chosen my colors of Zeitgeist and Paradigm yet. I was able to look through all of them in person, of course, and I just couldn't make up my mind because there's too many good options. I think I might go 1000d Cordura with the Zeitgeist (fits the retro vibe best IMHO) and 400d Halcyon (Night Walk!) in the Paradigm.

Comment

Working...
                                X