Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,896   Posts: 192,311   Members: 6,771   Active Members: 315
Welcome to our newest member, balldontlie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hedd
    replied
    Originally posted by KCam View Post
    Looks like these re-designed Aeronauts don’t have the lining in the main compartment like the previous version. I like having a dark exterior and light lining color — it’s easier to find things. A bit disappointed in this change but the other updates are nice.
    Oh that actually may have talked me out of it. I am big on the liners if only to keep the DWR hidden and eliminate DWR peeling in the long run. At least you won't see it. would also prefer not to make a ton of contact with the DWR.

Also like the high vis contrast of course. A fully lined bag is something I expect at the price point.

e: looking closer at the picture I guess it is ballistic lined on the bottom. Not sure what denier though. Is it matched to the exterior of the bag? I would buy that a more durable fabric in the bottom of a duffel would cause less problems.
    Last edited by hedd; 08-24-2022, 08:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• latchford
    replied
    Originally posted by G42 View Post
    And there you go, all updated
    Thanks!

Originally posted by latchford View Post
    I may have a hard time choosing between Constellation/Northwest Sky, Ursa/Fjord and Deep Blue/Zest.
    Now that the main compartment interior lining has changed, Ursa has been booted out as it was in contention mainly because of the Fjord lining. Still a tough choice though. Deep Blue is a serious consideration now instead of a distant third choice as my eyes can handle a dark blue interior better than a large swathe of orange. I love Constellation and it's a standout colour but it gets dirty pretty easily.

Leave a comment:

• KCam
    replied
    Looks like these re-designed Aeronauts don’t have the lining in the main compartment like the previous version. I like having a dark exterior and light lining color — it’s easier to find things. A bit disappointed in this change but the other updates are nice.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by latchford View Post

Glad they found a way to photograph the colours much closer to how they look in real life. Hope they’ll upload the A45 colours soon. If the A45s come in the same combos as the A30s and I do decide to buy it, I may have a hard time choosing between Constellation/Northwest Sky, Ursa/Fjord and Deep Blue/Zest.
    And there you go, all updated

Leave a comment:

• latchford
    replied
    A couple of hours ago, A30 combos showed In Production 😁
    Glad they found a way to photograph the colours much closer to how they look in real life. Hope they’ll upload the A45 colours soon. If the A45s come in the same combos as the A30s and I do decide to buy it, I may have a hard time choosing between Constellation/Northwest Sky, Ursa/Fjord and Deep Blue/Zest.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust77
    replied

We should wait for the full announcement. It looks like only the new exterior colour combo shots are up, don't know that they've updated any of the expanded photos yet
    I was just going by the specs info; maybe that info hasn’t been updated yet…fingers crossed! I had an Aubergine/Wasabi A30 that I loved (the color combo and the packability), but I sold it after one trip…the straps bruised my clavicles. No matter how I tried to adjust the straps, I couldn’t make them work.

ETA: Straps are updated to edgeless! So excited to give the A30 another try!
    Last edited by Wanderlust77; 08-24-2022, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    I thought the straps were being updated, but it looks like they’re still the same bound edge. I was so looking forward to trying an updated version
    We should wait for the full announcement. It looks like only the new exterior colour combo shots are up, don't know that they've updated any of the expanded photos yet

Leave a comment:

• Gbharrisiv
    replied
    That Steel/Zest combo made my current bag indecision ALMOST go away.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust77
    replied
    I thought the straps were being updated, but it looks like they’re still the same bound edge. I was so looking forward to trying an updated version

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Waterlogged
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    The spacer mesh material is actually what's used on the back panel of the Synapse and the Synik -- the mesh is bonded to a light nylon backing and there is a slightly spongy, cushioned feel. I was secretly hoping they would come out with a similar version using the Coyote spacer mesh found at the back of the Guide's Edition Synapse and Syniks, but this was not to be.
    Presumably you mean coyote spacer mesh with colored zipper. I do have a coyote mesh super mini ghost whale (with black zipper) that I bought back in 2019. Interestingly, it doesn't have the same spongy feel as the black spacer mesh ghost whales.

Leave a comment:

• latchford
    replied
    Thanks

I still want an all fabric one though
    Me too. I have an all fabric Navy Parapack Organizer Wallet and I very much prefer it over the clear front ones.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post

No, the whole point of the double organizer pouch is that you had the top pocket clear so items placed there are visible, but the items in the (slightly larger) rear pouch are hidden behind a zipper.

Thanks

I still want an all fabric one though

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    moriond I'm getting forgetful... have we had double organizer pouches that are all fabric?
    No, the whole point of the double organizer pouch is that you had the top pocket clear so items placed there are visible, but the items in the (slightly larger) rear pouch are hidden behind a zipper. See the blog post on Taminca's Many Uses Of The Double Organizer Pouch for example.

ETA:

Or look at the Double Organizer Pouch thread from 03-26-2014 from which those were extracted.

You can also look at the Blues and reds in organizer pouches where somebody asked about available DOP colors early on, and where I posted some pictures (meant to show a range of colors and materials that I had actually received at that time)

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 08-12-2022, 02:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    moriond I'm getting forgetful... have we had double organizer pouches that are all fabric?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X