Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,638   Posts: 189,072   Members: 6,629   Active Members: 277
LucieMoonl
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, LucieMoonl.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Kanne
    Forum Member

• Kanne
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post

The Small Size Double Organizer Pouch can hold a U.S. vaccine card in the front pocket and have the top of the card clear the zipper — if you pull the zipper forward you can read the whole card without taking it out of the pouch. You can use the Mini Pouch or Clear Organizer Wallet to store this card as long as you will not be taking it out very often since it is easy for the corners to get dog-eared if you pull it out past the zippers

I do use a small Double Organizer Pouch for a small external hard drive. The drive is in the back pocket, the cable in the front.

Leave a comment:

• tbessie
    Forum Member

• tbessie
    replied
    Darcy
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
    Darcy - why were the Snake Charmers changed from 210 Ballistic to 1000 Cordura? Was this a decision based on material qualities (stiffness, etc), or just on material availability?

- Tim

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    Volunteer Moderator

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
    I also keep mine in a small clear organizer pouch -- I like it more than the mini because -- as
    Kevo
    Forum Member
    Kevo mentioned -- the entire card is visible through the front and it's easy to remove. To be honest, the pouch is more of a way to ensure I won't misplace the card, though, because so far I have only had to show it one time, and I carry a xerox that was accepted at that function, so the original pretty much stays at home.

I also keep digital images that are in Google Drive, as well as a certification from "VaxYes" that lives in my Apple Wallet.

This is in the US, though. I've heard that in certain countries, one needs to show the original.
    The Small Size Double Organizer Pouch can hold a U.S. vaccine card in the front pocket and have the top of the card clear the zipper — if you pull the zipper forward you can read the whole card without taking it out of the pouch. You can use the Mini Pouch or Clear Organizer Wallet to store this card as long as you will not be taking it out very often since it is easy for the corners to get dog-eared if you pull it out past the zippers
    US Vaccination Card in Small Double Organizer Pouch front pocket
    US Vaccination Card in Small Double Organizer Pouch front pocket

Leave a comment:

• Kanne
    Forum Member

• Kanne
    replied
    The Ghost Whale Pouches are now updated with lots and lots of colors in production. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• G42
    Volunteer Moderator

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by Kanne View Post
    Darcy
    Darcy Will there also be
    Also a P.I.K.A. POUCH in Verde would be nice.
    I'm not Darcy, but for the PIKA, they've said in various other posts that the special one-way interior fabric is special/hard to get, so this may be the last run (they had discontinued it actually, because of that, then found enough in-house during inventory to do this last run)

If you haven't seen this blog post about this restock, check it out .. It has some info on it

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/1116-restock

Leave a comment:

• Kanne
    Forum Member

• Kanne
    replied
    Darcy
    Darcy Will there also be Super Mini Ghost Whale pouches in Verde and/or Canary on 11/16? Last time Canary was not listed until the Restock went live and I missed it.
    Also a P.I.K.A. POUCH in Verde would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• bchaplin
    Forum Member

• bchaplin
    replied
    I also keep mine in a small clear organizer pouch -- I like it more than the mini because -- as
    Kevo
    Forum Member
    Kevo mentioned -- the entire card is visible through the front and it's easy to remove. To be honest, the pouch is more of a way to ensure I won't misplace the card, though, because so far I have only had to show it one time, and I carry a xerox that was accepted at that function, so the original pretty much stays at home.

I also keep digital images that are in Google Drive, as well as a certification from "VaxYes" that lives in my Apple Wallet.

This is in the US, though. I've heard that in certain countries, one needs to show the original.

Leave a comment:

• kmw
    Forum Member

• kmw
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrealle View Post

Honestly I'd like a fabric or mesh version of most anything that has the clear plastic in it. While I do like the transparency, I struggle with things sticking to it and making it hard to insert and remove items. It's the main reason I couldn't really use my COW, which was disappointing.
    I love my COWs, but definitely feel the same about general OPs. I don't use clear OPs for the same reason and really miss the all-fabric OPs. I was really hoping to get the current Cordura colors in all-fabric, so another vote here.

Leave a comment:

• Kevo
    Forum Member

• Kevo
    replied
    Originally posted by m_cycle View Post

I'd like to know this as well. Which of the small clear pouches would hold a vaccine card? The double organizer and/or wallet?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_24412.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	5.04 MB
ID:	337129
    Here is my standard CDC vaccine card inside the Clear Organizer Wallet. I left the zipper open so you can see that the card is taller than the zipper. You can't see the name and DOB behind the zipper tape and the Tom Bihn logo (saved me from having to blur it out!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	163675380264463409409020641193.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	4.98 MB
ID:	337130
    This photo is to show the width of the card compared to the zipper opening. It *just* fits, and once the card bottoms out in the pouch, you have to awkwardly tug the zipper around and over the top of the card to get it inside. It would be a pain to retrieve other items from the wallet unless you put the card in back.

If you are looking for a wallet that can also carry your vaccine card, but don't expect to have to show the card regularly, you could get by with the COW and the card in the very back.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a card protector with which you can easily show people your card through the clear front, I'd opt for the Small Clear Organizer Pouch. That would be the smallest pouch that will show the entire front face of the card, and with a wider zipper, the card would be much easier to remove as well.

Leave a comment:

• m_cycle
    Forum Member

• m_cycle
    replied
    Originally posted by dmoneysong View Post

Sidebar: There was a picture posted earlier this year (cannot find it via search) of a Double Organizer Pouch that was a perfect fit for a vaccine card. Behind it I’d like to store some receipts. Is that the Small or Medium?
    I'd like to know this as well. Which of the small clear pouches would hold a vaccine card? The double organizer and/or wallet?

Leave a comment:

• G42
    Volunteer Moderator

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by epeterson View Post

Love the all-fabric option!! Is there any chance we'll see all-fabric organizer pouches (or double organizer pouches) in the near future?
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post

We're glad folks requested the all-fabric option... we'd forgotten about it, or at least I did!

I'll add requests for both to our project app! That said, I think it's unlikely: we're offering quite a few options these days and I think we'd need to narrow them down a bit before offering more, if that makes sense. Maybe as a special production run at some point?
    It would be neat to get the pen/pencil size in particular, as solid fabric - Cerylon would be lovely but so would all the other fabrics

Leave a comment:

• Salmanila8
    Forum Member

• Salmanila8
    replied
    Originally posted by Boaz View Post
    I would love to see a co-pilot in halcyon or 1050
    I have a Black 1050/Steel Halcyon copilot

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    Forum Member

• Surrealle
    replied
    Originally posted by Senua View Post

+1 for all fabric double organizer pouches as a special production run. I like using the small DOP as a larger wallet, but don't always like having a clear section.
    Honestly I'd like a fabric or mesh version of most anything that has the clear plastic in it. While I do like the transparency, I struggle with things sticking to it and making it hard to insert and remove items. It's the main reason I couldn't really use my COW, which was disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• Senua
    Forum Member

• Senua
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post

We're glad folks requested the all-fabric option... we'd forgotten about it, or at least I did!

I'll add requests for both to our project app! That said, I think it's unlikely: we're offering quite a few options these days and I think we'd need to narrow them down a bit before offering more, if that makes sense. Maybe as a special production run at some point?
    +1 for all fabric double organizer pouches as a special production run. I like using the small DOP as a larger wallet, but don't always like having a clear section.

Leave a comment:

• dmoneysong
    Forum Member

• dmoneysong
    replied
    Really appreciate the options provided for the COW. I’ve been enjoying it last couple months.

Sidebar: There was a picture posted earlier this year (cannot find it via search) of a Double Organizer Pouch that was a perfect fit for a vaccine card. Behind it I’d like to store some receipts. Is that the Small or Medium?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X