Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,533   Posts: 187,860   Members: 6,497   Active Members: 289
Welcome to our newest member, brppreacher.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Added a note asking for more Olive 1000d options, too And I'm sure you saw this, but the dimensions and volume for the Paradigm and Zeitgeist are up on their respective pages now!
    And this is why TB is the absolute best! I had forgotten about Cocoa until John1970 mentioned it, so I'd welcome a resurface of that one along with the burnt orange... okay so basically any earthy 1000d options lol. And thanks for the heads up about the Paradigm and Zeitgeist specs, because no of course I hadn't noticed. I'm usually clueless about these things haha!

I'm so in love with the Zeitgeist, mainly because of that moon label. Ain't it a beaut?!? TB team, I really hope we see more of this label in the future hint hint! And with the introduction of Taiga and Night Walk, I've suddenly become a huge fan of Halcyon which was a fabric I avoided until now. I originally had plans to purchase a Paragon which would have been a nice, slight step up from my #1 EDC which is a DLBP. Although the Paragon does have a touch of vintage charm to it and might have been the perfect size and weight for me as an EDC, the boxy shape and horizontal zipper constantly gave me pause with my purchase. Those details reminded me of my junior high school backpack. (Those years aren't full of fond memories - I was the flat-chested, skinny, bookworm with glasses. Okay well kinda still am... but thankfully I've come into my own.)

Anyway, so with the intro of the Zeitgeist (I had to google the pronunciation of that one) I'm just going to reverse my plans and go smaller instead of slightly larger and also carry a SK or SCB with it, when needed. Maybe! One of the many great things about TB bags is the interchangeability of them. I look forward to seeing and posting some marsupial ideas with the Zeitgeist, as well. I can see this fitting nicely into some of my other packs and bags. Zeitgeist shoulder strap addition in the future could also be a fun hack idea. Countdown to the preorder!
    Last edited by Tonya; 08-19-2021, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonya View Post
      I'm so in love with the Zeitgeist, mainly because of that moon label. Ain't it a beaut?!? TB team, I really hope we see more of this label in the future hint hint!
      You'll definitely see more of the Moon label! While we don't plan on using the Moon label on any already released designs (other than the Zeitgeist of course), there's two new-ish offerings that we hope to share later this year that will have the Moon label. That's all I can say for now...

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Restock collection has been updated for the upcoming 8/30 restock! Here it is: https://www.tombihn.com/collections/restock

Pop Tote may or may not be done in time for the restock: we'll see. And there will be a small surprise item brought back for this restock. More details coming next week!
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Darcy Any idea when the switch to the new straps will be for the DLBP? Will the DLBP be offered in Night Walk then? Thanks.

Comment

Darcy how will the strap upgrade affect the packability and weight of the DLBP? I imagine the current straps make it really convenient to fold the bag up, while more comfortable straps would reduce that ability and add weight. Though, I imagine this matters more for the Halcyon configurations than the 525 ballistic as that material is stiffer and heavier anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
              Darcy Any idea when the switch to the new straps will be for the DLBP? Will the DLBP be offered in Night Walk then? Thanks.
              Wait. There are new straps for the DLBP?😀

Comment

Originally posted by YRose View Post

Wait. There are new straps for the DLBP?😀
                They're probably going to put the new Contour straps (used on the new Zeitgeist & Paradigm) on it - timing TBD
                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

We've got some bags coming along in new colors and fabrics as part of the restock on August 30! These have been added to the site today and we expect photos to be ready by the end of next week

Synapse 25- Seapine 630 Recycled/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
                  Synapse 25- Logic Blue 630 Recycled/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
                  Synapse 25- Red Blend 1000 Cordura/Dawn 210 Ballistic
                  Synapse 25- Beaver Camo 1000 Cordura/Coyote 210 Ballistic
                  Synapse 25- Night Walk 400 Halcyon/NW Sky 200 Halcyon

Synik 30- Beaver Camo 1000 Cordura/Coyote 210 Ballistic
                  Synik 30- Olive 1000 Cordura/Cloud 210 Ballistic

Le Grand Derriere- Black 400 Halcyon/Island/Island 200 Halcyon
                  Le Grand Derriere- Original 400 Halcyon/Island/Island 200 Halcyon
                  Le Grand Derriere- Night Walk 400 Halcyon/Black/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
                  Le Grand Derriere- Taiga 400 Halcyon/Coyote/NW Sky 200 Halcyon

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
                    We've got some bags coming along in new colors and fabrics as part of the restock on August 30! These have been added to the site today and we expect photos to be ready by the end of next week

Any chance this is a sign that Seapine will make its way into new bags? Like, dare I hope, the Luminary or MB?

Comment

Thanks for the update! Does this mean that you all are dropping the Black 400 Halcyon/Island 200 Halcyon and Black 525 Ballistic/Island 210 Ballistic Synik 30 from the update?
                      Last edited by BF67; 08-20-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post

Any chance this is a sign that Seapine will make its way into new bags? Like, dare I hope, the Luminary or MB?
                        Good question, Surrealle! Neither of those are in the works right now but it's possible we'd do the Maker's Bag in that fabric. I'd say the Luminary is less likely- when we launched that bag a few years ago we determined 400d Halcyon to not be quite right and the structure/hand of 630 is closer to 400d than 525d.

Originally posted by BF67 View Post

Thanks for the update! Does this mean that you all are dropping the Black 400 Halcyon/Island 200 Halcyon and Black 525 Ballistic/Island 210 Ballistic Synik 30 from the update?
                        Ack! I had some edits unsaved but fixed it now. We do have a few Black Synik 30s in the works. In the next upcoming batch: Black 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon, Black 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon, Black 400 Halcyon/Solaris 200 Halcyon. And in a batch due a few weeks later: Black 525 Ballistic/Sitka 400 Halcyon and Black 400 Halcyon/Taiga 200 Halcyon.

Comment

Good question, Surrealle! Neither of those are in the works right now but it's possible we'd do the Maker's Bag in that fabric. I'd say the Luminary is less likely- when we launched that bag a few years ago we determined 400d Halcyon to not be quite right and the structure/hand of 630 is closer to 400d than 525d.

Ack! I had some edits unsaved but fixed it now. We do have a few Black Synik 30s in the works. In the next upcoming batch: Black 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon, Black 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon, Black 400 Halcyon/Solaris 200 Halcyon. And in a batch due a few weeks later: Black 525 Ballistic/Sitka 400 Halcyon and Black 400 Halcyon/Taiga 200 Halcyon.
                          Good to know, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post

And maybe the MB in Logic Blue?

Comment

Darcy - any chance that fabric OPs will be making an appearance in fun new colors?

Comment

Strongly curious to see what the Synapse in Seapine Green and the Synik in Olive Cordura look like (and this "cocoa" cordura, which I don't think I've ever seen before)! They could end up as potential alternatives to waiting out a Wilderness/Cloud S25, if I like the look enough. Somehow, I always figured the recycled 630 would be close to the 525 Ballistic fabric in weight and feel, but from MikeV's comment, it seems like it's actually quite a bit different. I went to find it in the Materials Glossary, and lo and behold, there was a nicely written-up entry for it! While having the word "ballistic" to describe a fabric can only make it cooler, it sounds like the recycled 630 is no slouch, and would make a pack comparable in sturdiness to the 525. And Cordura is a nice pick for a pack like the Synapse or Synik, where there design already has a mesh panel/smoother fabric for the part that comes in contact with your back.
                                Last edited by ittoujuu; 08-21-2021, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X