Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,745   Posts: 190,325   Members: 6,605   Active Members: 251
Welcome to our newest member, torova5066.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post

Darcy Will there be Large Yarn Stuff Sacks in this preorder? How about the Knitting Tool Pouches?
    +1 to both!

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust77
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    I'm sad to say that the update on the potential new knitting bag is that it's no longer
    Part of it may be that it's difficult to improve on the Swift and Little Swift. And that led us to..... we are planning a Swift, Little Swift, Yarn Stuff Sack and Tool/Pen Wrap pre-order in early 2022. Date and many of the other details is TBD. I hope to share more on that pre-order soon, when it's all decided here amongst the crew!
    Darcy Will there be Large Yarn Stuff Sacks in this preorder? How about the Knitting Tool Pouches?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by thepatternslave View Post
    I heard a rumor that the swift and some of the knitting organizers like the yarn stuff sacks might be on pre-order at some point this year. Is this true?
    Originally posted by G42 View Post

That's what we've been hearing... There is a new knitting bag in the works, which would probably get a pre-order, but no timing on it.... So the Swift and/or Little Swift may be a pre-order with the YSS sometime in 2022.
    There is a notification sign up on the Swift page
    Originally posted by melminimalist View Post
    I had a little swift and sold it, super regrets, lol. Can’t wait for preorder swift and stuff sacks.
    Originally posted by Ladyrixx View Post

I'd love it if the tool organizers made a comeback. They were retired about the same time I got a job where I could afford them. (T_T)
    I'm sad to say that the update on the potential new knitting bag is that it's no longer in the works. We had some ideas, made them real, and they turned out not to be good ones. Happens more often than you'd think, except I usually don't spill the beans that early in the design process like I did this time (guess I got excited, lesson learned!) Some folks like these early details about designs and what's going on at the factory, and others understandably find it frustrating when the designs don't materialize... something I'm conscious of, but don't always get quite right, so apologies to the folks for whom this is less-than-great news.

Part of it may be that it's difficult to improve on the Swift and Little Swift. And that led us to..... we are planning a Swift, Little Swift, Yarn Stuff Sack and Tool/Pen Wrap pre-order in early 2022. Date and many of the other details is TBD. I hope to share more on that pre-order soon, when it's all decided here amongst the crew!

Originally posted by oncojeans View Post
    Dear D'Arcy et al. Please let me know if I'm wasting your time, but is there ANY possibility that your suppliers can manufacture more Nordic Halcyon? I know I have raised this issue before, but it seems to me that there is a lot of pent-up demand for this fabulous colour/fabric. I know that you have released new colours recently (Taiga, Sitka, Coyote etc), but for those of us who have an aversion to green, and lust after Nordic and other blues, is there any hope? I am one of your most loyal international customers.... Yours in fevered anticipation
    The way we work, and how creative and spontaneous we can be, there's always possibility unless there's some firm no-gos on the suppler side or on our side!

At the same time, operating a "direct-to-the-customer" (as it's called) business that is also a sophisticated and complex manufacturing facility here in Seattle, and during the time of supplier-side delays and port slow-downs, means we must factor quite a lot into the decisions we make, even about colors.

So, what we do in cases like this is pay attention, listen, log/note the request, keep it in mind, and see where it fits in (if it can) into the future, considering all of the complexities outlined above.

That is a long way of saying: request noted, appreciated (I love Nordic personally), logged, and added to the various color requests that we will consider as part of our discussions around Halcyon colors in 2022.

Leave a comment:

• melminimalist
    replied
    I had a little swift and sold it, super regrets, lol. Can’t wait for preorder swift and stuff sacks.

Leave a comment:

• etain
    replied
    Yes please for a zipper topped knitting bag. I also have been using a zip top shop bag to keep curious small hands and paws out. Flat bottomed with sides that remain upright, not floppy so it's easy to access contents. A shoulder strap attachment option would be amazingly useful too.

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Originally posted by G42 View Post

That's what we've been hearing... There is a new knitting bag in the works, which would probably get a pre-order, but no timing on it.... So the Swift and/or Little Swift may be a pre-order with the YSS sometime in 2022.
    Well for what it's worth, I hope the new knitting bag has a zippered top.

(Suffice it to say, it's a necessity when you have cats. Especially one with a weird attraction to all things wool. )

Been using a zip top shopping bag for my projects but I certainly wouldn't object to a purpose-made knitting bag upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by oncojeans View Post
    Dear D'Arcy et al. Please let me know if I'm wasting your time, but is there ANY possibility that your suppliers can manufacture more Nordic Halcyon? I know I have raised this issue before, but it seems to me that there is a lot of pent-up demand for this fabulous colour/fabric. I know that you have released new colours recently (Taiga, Sitka, Coyote etc), but for those of us who have an aversion to green, and lust after Nordic and other blues, is there any hope? I am one of your most loyal international customers.... Yours in fevered anticipation
    Hi...I'm adding the Darcy to flag this so that she definitely sees it

Leave a comment:

• Ladyrixx
    replied
    I heard a rumor that the swift and some of the knitting organizers like the yarn stuff sacks might be on pre-order at some point this year. Is this true?
    I'd love it if the tool organizers made a comeback. They were retired about the same time I got a job where I could afford them. (T_T)

Leave a comment:

• oncojeans
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thepatternslave
    replied

Leave a comment:

• melminimalist
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post

You'll be seeing more larger bags in Boreal in 2022 for sure.

My current every day carry is actually a Boreal bag... it's a prototype of a tote backpack design that Nik's been working on for a while now.

And Happy Holidays to you as well! We might actually get snow over the weekend here in Seattle!
    Ahhhh!!! This is the dream bag I’ve been wanting, a tote backpack crossover. Darcy you minx, thanks for the sneaky-sneak good news! 😁

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by bunchgrass View Post
    A tote backpack!!! For real? I have been hoping for this for ages. This is truly good news. I hope it debuts soon! Especially in Boreal.
    For real! And with a caveat: we each might have a different picture on our minds when we think of "tote backpack" so it might not be quite what everyone is expecting. And the design could certainly continue to evolve. One thing I love about it is that it stands up on its own, so I can easily pull my laptop in and out of the compartment or reach in the pockets for my camera card reader or wallet, basically just work out of it.

Nik wants all of us to do more testing, provide more feedback, and give himself time to evaluate and possibly incorporate the feedback before it debuts... just the usual measures of thoughtfulness and thoroughness that we strive for. We're hoping it'll be released mid-late 2022.

Leave a comment:

• bunchgrass
    replied
    A tote backpack!!! For real? I have been hoping for this for ages. This is truly good news. I hope it debuts soon! Especially in Boreal.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by John1970 View Post
    Darcy, I just received a new Truck in Boreal Ruff Stuff and it's gorgeous. I hope it's a good sign that this material is getting used on larger bags (we've progressed from the grab bag all the way to the monster truck!) and that Boreal Synapses and Syniks will get at least one run in 2022. Happy holidays!
    You'll be seeing more larger bags in Boreal in 2022 for sure.

My current every day carry is actually a Boreal bag... it's a prototype of a tote backpack design that Nik's been working on for a while now.

And Happy Holidays to you as well! We might actually get snow over the weekend here in Seattle!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X