Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,822   Posts: 191,276   Members: 6,719   Active Members: 269
Welcome to our newest member, tinacap77.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterlogged
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    The spacer mesh material is actually what's used on the back panel of the Synapse and the Synik -- the mesh is bonded to a light nylon backing and there is a slightly spongy, cushioned feel. I was secretly hoping they would come out with a similar version using the Coyote spacer mesh found at the back of the Guide's Edition Synapse and Syniks, but this was not to be.
    Presumably you mean coyote spacer mesh with colored zipper. I do have a coyote mesh super mini ghost whale (with black zipper) that I bought back in 2019. Interestingly, it doesn't have the same spongy feel as the black spacer mesh ghost whales.

Leave a comment:

• latchford
    replied
    Originally posted by G42 View Post
    Thanks

I still want an all fabric one though
    Me too. I have an all fabric Navy Parapack Organizer Wallet and I very much prefer it over the clear front ones.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied

No, the whole point of the double organizer pouch is that you had the top pocket clear so items placed there are visible, but the items in the (slightly larger) rear pouch are hidden behind a zipper.

Thanks

I still want an all fabric one though

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    moriond I'm getting forgetful... have we had double organizer pouches that are all fabric?
    No, the whole point of the double organizer pouch is that you had the top pocket clear so items placed there are visible, but the items in the (slightly larger) rear pouch are hidden behind a zipper. See the blog post on Taminca's Many Uses Of The Double Organizer Pouch for example.

ETA:

Or look at the Double Organizer Pouch thread from 03-26-2014 from which those were extracted.

You can also look at the Blues and reds in organizer pouches where somebody asked about available DOP colors early on, and where I posted some pictures (meant to show a range of colors and materials that I had actually received at that time)

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 08-12-2022, 02:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    moriond I'm getting forgetful... have we had double organizer pouches that are all fabric?

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post

Ooh, I didn't even know these existed. I have a few regular Black Mesh GW, but they look much nicer with coloured zippers.
    Hi dirkhaun
    If you want to see more of the Spacer Mesh Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches with Colored Zippers, take a look at the Pack Hacker review The spacer mesh material is actually what's used on the back panel of the Synapse and the Synik -- the mesh is bonded to a light nylon backing and there is a slightly spongy, cushioned feel. I was secretly hoping they would come out with a similar version using the Coyote spacer mesh found at the back of the Guide's Edition Synapse and Syniks, but this was not to be.

I think they made one replacement batch of the spacer mesh versions after the initial offering sold out, but it was very difficult to find these more than about a month after they debuted (except in the A5 size), apart from some returns that came back.

I wasn't able to order any of these in the Small size, and the last one that I was able to get (apart from the A5 size) was in June 2021, as part of an order at the time when they were first discontinuing the Yeoman Duffels, the Pick-Up Trucks and the Clear Quarter Packing Cube. You can see the picture of the Super Mini sized Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch in Spacer Mesh with Northwest Sky Zipper in my 06-15-2021 post in the Clear Quarter Packing Cube thread. There's also a picture of two of the Ghost Whale Organizer pouches in scrap black (210d Ballistic) with Island colored zippers (A5 and Mini) next to an Island (210d Ballistic) Pick-Up Truck. (I was showing that the (retired) Clear Quarter Packing Cubes fit into the center of the Pick-Up Truck by using one of my (retired) CQPC's in Solar to demonstrate).

HTH (posting late because I composed this earlier but never posted it.)

moriond

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Hmm, there's a Cordura Organizer Pouch "In Production". Someone must have overheard our recent discussion about the all-fabric COWs.
    They're always watching

MikeV had said they would be coming at some point, since 200 halcyon is off the table... hopefully we'll still get some 210 ballistic too

https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...323#post340323

Leave a comment:

• dirkhaun
    replied
    Hmm, there's a Cordura Organizer Pouch "In Production". Someone must have overheard our recent discussion about the all-fabric COWs.

Leave a comment:

• dirkhaun
    replied
    The colored zipper variety that I really miss (and which sold out early) is the one with Spacer Mesh.
    Ooh, I didn't even know these existed. I have a few regular Black Mesh GW, but they look much nicer with coloured zippers.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by bchaplin View Post

Hmmm, I would say zest organizers are the way to go if you want to be sure not to leave anything behind in your hotel room!
    There are currently some Zest Travel Stuff Sack Options available but they appear to be selling. There are more Solaris options if you want an alternate bright color.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    The Ghost Whales have been restocked, if you were looking for a specific colour/size combination.

And the Color Zipper Ghost Whales are now a "Retired Design".
    I don't think that I have seen these in stock for some time, even if they are only now officially retired. The colored zipper variety that I really miss (and which sold out early) is the one with Spacer Mesh. I'll extract a couple of pictures from my 12-09-2019 post in the Key Troubles thread:

Mini and Super Mini Ghost Whale Pouches with Mini Q-Kit
    These are Color Zipper Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches and a Mini Q-Kit
    Mini Spacer Mesh/Ultraviolet Zipper, Super-Mini ScrapBlack/Iberian Zipper, Mini Q-Kit Kiwi (retired color)
    Close-up view of open Mini Color Ghost Whale Pouch

Close up view of keys in the open Mini Ghost Whale Pouch with Spacer Mesh/Ultraviolet zipper

The spacer mesh provided some light padding and you could partially see through the mesh into the contents

Leave a comment:

• dirkhaun
    replied
    The Ghost Whales have been restocked, if you were looking for a specific colour/size combination.

And the Color Zipper Ghost Whales are now a "Retired Design".

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by latchford View Post

I did not need to know that!!!
    Ack, sorry!
    I'm definitely not going to tell you then, that both sizes of Zest and Fjord Spiff Kits are In Production too 😉

Leave a comment:

• latchford
    replied
    Heads up, the Cubelet in Zest was stocked last night and Fjord is In Production
    I did not need to know that!!!

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Heads up, the Cubelet in Zest was stocked last night and Fjord is In Production

Leave a comment:

Working...
X