Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,521   Posts: 187,749   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 309
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeV
    replied
    Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post
    So someone who's better with all this fabric stuff might be able to tell me if I'm right here-I have a Boreal Tough Stuff Grab Bag and a Boreal Cordura Ghost Whale. Are they two separate types of fabrics? They feel a bit different but I'm wondering if I just can't quite tell because my Ghost Whale is kind of on the smaller side. I quite like their looks/feels so I'm not complaining, just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy when I compared them and was like "wait...are these different?"
    Those are the same fabric! Just a little goof on our side and the Boreal Pouches are all called Tough Stuff now. Sorry for the confusion

Leave a comment:

• Skirata44
    replied
    So someone who's better with all this fabric stuff might be able to tell me if I'm right here-I have a Boreal Tough Stuff Grab Bag and a Boreal Cordura Ghost Whale. Are they two separate types of fabrics? They feel a bit different but I'm wondering if I just can't quite tell because my Ghost Whale is kind of on the smaller side. I quite like their looks/feels so I'm not complaining, just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy when I compared them and was like "wait...are these different?"

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by Mbladen3210 View Post
    Will there be another run of the co-pilot soon? Preferably BH?
    Welcome to the Forums Mbladen3210

Leave a comment:

• Mbladen3210
    replied
    Will there be another run of the co-pilot soon? Preferably BH?

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    would those of you who like the Recycled colors share why you like them so much?
    Originally posted by sturbridge View Post

I like the hand. Its sturdy but supple. Its got a lovely sheen which makes it look, to me anyways, a little "dressier" than a typical fabric.
    I agree with sturbridge that I like the hand in the 630d recycled fabric, as well as liking the color. It has a more cloth-like feel to the weave than the Ballistic Nylon, and I’ve like the material ever since it debuted in the Icons. It’s slightly less stiff than 525d Ballistic Nylon but closer to that than 210d Ballistic Nylon. When it was first offered in the trucks and monster trucks these were the last versions to sell out. I figured that might be because several people were buying these for “rugged” purposes where they might store car tools or chains and machinery in the trucks and drag them over concrete and rough surfaces so they didn’t want anything that hinted of a less tough nature in the feel of the fabric.

if you want to try a sample of the 630d fabric (apart from asking the TB crew for a sample swatch) you can try ordering a Ghost Whale Organizer pouch in 630d. They mostly sold out in 630d early, but there’s a Super Mini GWOP still available in 630 d Nebulous Grey

Then, again, some people just like the colors and the different weave and slightly different sheen (it looks like a tighter weave)

HTH

moriond

Leave a comment:

• sturbridge
    replied
    would those of you who like the Recycled colors share why you like them so much?
    I like the hand. Its sturdy but supple. Its got a lovely sheen which makes it look, to me anyways, a little "dressier" than a typical fabric.

Leave a comment:

• Aventurera
    replied
    Originally posted by kris View Post

I was hoping to order a Wilderness Truck during the 10/13 restock, but didn't see it. BTW, the Recycled colors sure went fast! Same for the Monster Truck. Apart from the technical aspects of the fabric, would those of you who like the Recycled colors share why you like them so much? Is it the nicer feel? Softer structure? Or is it mostly due to environmental impact?
    The Seapine is a beautiful rich dark green color. The Logic Blue is not bad, but the Seapine reminds me of the bottle green color used on classic Karmen Gias.

I'm planning to buy a Pop Tote the next time they drop and would love to see Seapine as a color option. (@Darcy - hint, hint ☺️)

Leave a comment:

• MikeV
    replied
    Originally posted by ittoujuu View Post
    For all the new things I'm seeing, I haven't seen anything in the last update or two made in Wilderness 525 Ballistic. Would I be correct in assuming the workshop is out of that color right now and more is on the way? Is there an estimate on when the green shall flow again? I'm trying to hold out for something like a Wilderness/Cloud Synapse 25 and I want to know how many months of a wait I might be looking at.
    Thanks for the tag, G42!

We have been out of Wilderness 525 but it is *just* back on the shelf. We'll start working it back into production now but it missed a batch of Synapse 25s that were recently started. It's possible we'll get another batch of S25 going and done by the end of the year but that could be tight. It's likely when the Wilderness S25s come back they'll be lined with either Coyote or Northwest Sky 200d Halcyon.

I hope that helps with planning!
    Last edited by MikeV; 10-13-2021, 07:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DQBunny
    replied
    Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post
    Another +1 to ghost whales in Halcyon, as well as wondering when the next batch of GWs will be restocked.
    Oooh, yes. I was hoping to grab another one today with my double organizer pouches and didn't realize they were out of stock.

Leave a comment:

• kris
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    I haven’t seen a lot of recent products in Wilderness. The items still in stock in Wilderness until the new batch shows are the Daylight Backpack and the Co-Pilot, I remember that they made the Truck in Wilderness back in July, but that was a while ago.

moriond
    I was hoping to order a Wilderness Truck during the 10/13 restock, but didn't see it. BTW, the Recycled colors sure went fast! Same for the Monster Truck. Apart from the technical aspects of the fabric, would those of you who like the Recycled colors share why you like them so much? Is it the nicer feel? Softer structure? Or is it mostly due to environmental impact?

Leave a comment:

• Ladyrixx
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post

Alphaviolet will be offered in the next run of Maker's Bags... we're down to just a few rolls of Alphaviolet, so this will probably be the last time it's ever offered in the Maker's!

Darcy So, is the Maker's Bag in Alphaviolet not part of today's restock?

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    I haven’t seen a lot of recent products in Wilderness. The items still in stock in Wilderness until the new batch shows are the Daylight Backpack and the Co-Pilot, I remember that they made the Truck in Wilderness back in July, but that was a while ago.

moriond

Leave a comment:

• ayazgood
    replied
    Based on this answer from Darcy in another thread, it seems they just have a temporary shortage:
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post

The LGD will be available in Wilderness again! That was definitely a popular color. We're just waiting on our next shipment of Wilderness to arrive, which should be by the middle-end of September. After that, we'll order Wilderness in the next batch of LGDs that we make.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by ittoujuu View Post
    For all the new things I'm seeing, I haven't seen anything in the last update or two made in Wilderness 525 Ballistic. Would I be correct in assuming the workshop is out of that color right now and more is on the way? Is there an estimate on when the green shall flow again? I'm trying to hold out for something like a Wilderness/Cloud Synapse 25 and I want to know how many months of a wait I might be looking at.
    Tagging Darcy or MikeV for this

Leave a comment:

• ittoujuu
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X