Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I be worried about these holes in my Paragon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be worried about these holes in my Paragon?

I noticed these 2 holes on the bottom of my Paragon. The bag has been great and is being used 5 days/week to and from work. I don’t baby my bags and use them as I would a “cheap” backpack, but am now worried that these holes might become a problem in the near future. Because of this, I’m now wishing I got the 525 Ballistic instead. Anyone have any suggestions whether these holes will become a bigger problem soon, or can I continue to use as is and learn to trust the halcyon?

I can't tell from your photo exactly where those holes are on the bag. Most of the bags have a couple tiny holes (depends on the design) that TB uses as locators when doing the complicated sewing construction.

I suggest you take a couple more photos showing where those are located and send an email to Customer Service - they'll be able to help on whether they're locator holes or if they're wear or an issue.
    FWIW, that nylon is ripstop so holes shouldn't propagate.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by cinderblock View Post
      I noticed these 2 holes on the bottom of my Paragon. The bag has been great and is being used 5 days/week to and from work. I don’t baby my bags and use them as I would a “cheap” backpack, but am now worried that these holes might become a problem in the near future. Because of this, I’m now wishing I got the 525 Ballistic instead. Anyone have any suggestions whether these holes will become a bigger problem soon, or can I continue to use as is and learn to trust the halcyon?
      cinderblock
      These may be related to the marker holes that were asked about in this post (05/24/21 by TorontoSS in the Any photos of the black GE paragon? thread). We can’t tell the exact placement from your photo, but in many bags and accessories small marker holes are used to align cutting and stitching during the manufacturing process. In the thread that I linked to, there was a query about such holes found at the bottom of the Guide’s Edition Paragon, with confirming posts from other users who noted this. While yours is the Design Lab version of this bag, it’s likely that they standardized some of the reference marker points for the production of both versions of this bag. You can always reach out to Customer Support for verification.

Hope this helps,

moriond

Comment

moriond G42 sorry, I should clarify that those holes are on the base of the bag. I remember reading the previous posts about the marker holes, but didn’t think they applied to these ones since I just assumed it was from daily wear and tear and the fact that they seem so randomly positioned. But looking at other people’s pics, I could be wrong. They just worried me because they were on the bottom base of the bag where it carries the most weight and thought it would affect its longevity. But I won’t worry about it now as long as the holes won’t propagate. Thanks for easing my fears

Comment

I had a halcyon synapse 25 that got a small hole in the bottom from me scuffing it against something. I used it for years after that and that small hole never got any bigger.

Comment

Working...
          X