In Production Aeronauts Gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Production Aeronauts Gone?

What happened to all of the in-production Aeronauts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 9.47.07 PM.png
Views:	1096
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	333145

Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Probably using the 1050d for the upcoming yeoman duffle run. I was planning on ordering an A30 in1050d coyote myself.
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

Comment

Secretly hoping they are getting ready for the edgeless strap upgrade.

Comment

The design of the new Techonaut is pretty much done. And because it's so close to being debutable, we thought we'd let folks see the Techonaut before making more Aeronauts so they can choose between the two designs, since the Techonaut incorporates several features that folks have been asking us to add to the Aeronaut. Plus, that frees up some room in the production schedule to make a full first production run of the Techonaut. I expect Aeronauts will return to In Production after the Techonaut debuts

The Techonaut does have Edgeless Shoulder Straps. It'll be available in 30 and 45 liters. And there's some other features I can't wait to share with all of you! Hoping to post some photos / notes from the PPB (pre-production batch) process within the next few weeks.
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

There are a couple of other places in the forums where there have been drips and drabs posted about the Technonaut:
          Originally posted by Buffalonian View Post
          The only thing I know of that's coming fairly soon is the Technonaut. As I understand it, the bag is Nik's refinement of the Aeronauts. Changes include the addition of a laptop compartment, and a change to the front panel so it unzips like the Hero's Journey. (In essence, the opening is turned 90 degrees from the opening on the Aeronaut.) The word I've heard is that the design is finished, so I assume they'll be doing pre-production bags soon, with a pre-order to follow.

And Tom's working on a travel bag called the Trinity, but he's still tinkering with the design, and the production date definitely will be later than the Technonaut.
          …and from the thread on the Trinity: (sorry, but you have to read the text on the screen capture that is actually about the Technonaut)
          Originally posted by latchford View Post
          Darcy Now that the cat's out of the Techonaut, I'm wondering if you could say whether the Trinity will have the same backpanel as the V2 Shadow Guide? I'm planning to buy either as my main travel bag and will be wearing it as a backpack, so the backpanel comfort is important to me. Any information would help me to decide if I should buy the Techonaut since it's probably debuting first or hold out for the Trinity.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_EE2B5CBAAE58-1.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	551.8 KB ID:	332921
          I’ll add the relevant line of text regarding the Technonaut “Picture an Aeronaut with a Hero's Journey style opening, a dedicated (yet not bulky or heavy) laptop compartment, breathable back panel, Edgeless Straps.”

Originally posted by Darcy View Post

We're working on a blog post with various updates about colors, fabrics, and designs. Here's a (very much a draft) excerpt that mentions the Trinity:

There’s a number of new designs and vintage reissues in the works that we’re excited to share with you! We’re mindful to strike a balance between keeping everyone informed and not sharing too many details too early — our lode star is not the release calendar. Rather, it’s our determination that our new design is worthy of your attention and meets our own high standards. Case in point: the Trinity (a new travel bag design by Tom that’s been in the works for a while now) has been delayed further thanks to some inspiration that struck and opportunities to actually travel with the bag. In other words, if we see an opportunity to improve a design, we’ll delay it in order to do so: read more in this blog post.

At this point in time, the Trinity does not have the Shadow Guide V2 back panel. That said, as mentioned above, Tom is continuing to refine the design, and who knows where that'll lead.

And the Techonaut will definitely be debuting first. I don't want to put an estimated pre-order date out there just yet, but the design is pretty much done.
          Last edited by moriond; 06-15-2021, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Excited about the Techonaut debut

Darcy, please keep all the original zipper pull tabs on the Techonaut so that who want the original zipper pull tabs can have them. Those who don't want them can always cut them off. I prefer the tactile feel of the original zipper pull tabs and I can't put them back on if they've already been cut off. I noticed that they're being cut off on more and more bags in recent runs, including the Side Kick exterior pocket and Synik laptop compartment, which renders the latter unlockable - I lock my S30's laptop compartment zipper together with the main compartment zippers. I wonder what's the reason for cutting them off?

The design of the new Techonaut is pretty much done. And because it's so close to being debutable, we thought we'd let folks see the Techonaut before making more Aeronauts so they can choose between the two designs, since the Techonaut incorporates several features that folks have been asking us to add to the Aeronaut. Plus, that frees up some room in the production schedule to make a full first production run of the Techonaut. I expect Aeronauts will return to In Production after the Techonaut debuts

The Techonaut does have Edgeless Shoulder Straps. It'll be available in 30 and 45 liters. And there's some other features I can't wait to share with all of you! Hoping to post some photos / notes from the PPB (pre-production batch) process within the next few weeks.
            Last edited by latchford; 06-16-2021, 03:16 AM.
            Black/Island Paragon, Black/Cloud Le Grand Derriere, Constellation/Cloud Luminary 15, Constellation Guide's Edition Synik 22, Navy Parapack/Steel Parapack Synik 30, French Blue/Northwest Sky Synapse 19, Navy Road Buddy 36, everything Acuity

Comment

Will any Technonauts be in 1050 Coyote??
              Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

Originally posted by GrussGott View Post

Will any Technonauts be in 1050 Coyote??
                *Potentially* -- we need to sew a Techonaut sample in 1050d first. It's a burlier (and more difficult to sew!) fabric than the 525d. For example, it'd be nearly impossible for any mere mortal to sew a Synapse or Synik out of 1050d. Definitely depends on the design, though.
                Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

The design of the new Techonaut is pretty much done. And because it's so close to being debutable, we thought we'd let folks see the Techonaut before making more Aeronauts so they can choose between the two designs, since the Techonaut incorporates several features that folks have been asking us to add to the Aeronaut.
                  Darcy ... I know the design of the Trinity isn't finished, but I'm wondering if you can tell us anything about differences between the Techonaut and the Trinity. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X