Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,434   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 336
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeomans now part of 6/23 restock

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
    Darcy Thanks for the heads-up. Are all the sizes going to be available in all 1050d ballistic colors or is it only the Cordura colors?
    I was wondering the same too! My heart hopes yes as I greatly prefer the 1050d ballistic material... my wallet says "another bag...really?" FWIW my heart usually wins

    Comment


      #17
      I have a question about whether the bag will also be available later this year. I read Darcy's original post to say that the already produced bags will be available for this restock, but that it would be available for pre-order later this year when they figure out how to slot it in.

      But, the newsletter that just came out seems to say there is no guarantee that this bag will be made in the future.

      I was hoping to avoid the mad dash at 7 am my time and was just going to see if it was still available later in the morning, or order it later this fall/winter whenever it became available again. But if there is no guarantee there will be a production of these later this year, then I will try to get on at 7 am instead.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by sd2102 View Post
        I have a question about whether the bag will also be available later this year. I read Darcy's original post to say that the already produced bags will be available for this restock, but that it would be available for pre-order later this year when they figure out how to slot it in.

        But, the newsletter that just came out seems to say there is no guarantee that this bag will be made in the future.

        I was hoping to avoid the mad dash at 7 am my time and was just going to see if it was still available later in the morning, or order it later this fall/winter whenever it became available again. But if there is no guarantee there will be a production of these later this year, then I will try to get on at 7 am instead.
        I noticed the same thing. I really hope everyone will get a chance at a YD like we get with preorders, even if it involves waiting for another run.

        Darcy, can you clarify on the situation at all?
        Last edited by Surrealle; 06-22-2021, 03:50 PM.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by sd2102 View Post
          I have a question about whether the bag will also be available later this year. I read Darcy's original post to say that the already produced bags will be available for this restock, but that it would be available for pre-order later this year when they figure out how to slot it in.

          But, the newsletter that just came out seems to say there is no guarantee that this bag will be made in the future.

          I was hoping to avoid the mad dash at 7 am my time and was just going to see if it was still available later in the morning, or order it later this fall/winter whenever it became available again. But if there is no guarantee there will be a production of these later this year, then I will try to get on at 7 am instead.
          Did not receive newsletter can someone post?

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by sd2102 View Post
            I have a question about whether the bag will also be available later this year. I read Darcy's original post to say that the already produced bags will be available for this restock, but that it would be available for pre-order later this year when they figure out how to slot it in.

            But, the newsletter that just came out seems to say there is no guarantee that this bag will be made in the future.

            I was hoping to avoid the mad dash at 7 am my time and was just going to see if it was still available later in the morning, or order it later this fall/winter whenever it became available again. But if there is no guarantee there will be a production of these later this year, then I will try to get on at 7 am instead.
            Originally posted by Surrealle View Post

            I noticed the same thing. I really hope everyone will get a chance at a YD like we get with preorders, even if it involves waiting for another run.

            Darcy, can you clarify on the situation at all?
            Sorry about that: we got our wires crossed there. We think we've made enough Yeomans for everyone who wants one. If they sell out quickly or otherwise prove to be quite popular, we'll offer Yeomans again for pre-order sometime this year or early next. When we're able to do that depends on the production schedule and what else we're making. Hope this helps clear things up!


            Originally posted by WineCountry View Post

            Did not receive newsletter can someone post?
            I'm sorry you didn't receive the newsletter! It might be in your spam/junk folder: if it's not, [email protected] and we can resend it (and also figure out why you didn't receive it in the first place!)
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

            Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by MTeric22 View Post
              Darcy I completely understand the logistics of Lean Manufacturing. At West Paw here in Bozeman, that’s how we operate. From one B Corp to another, thank you for the extra planning it takes to operate that way.
              I am a total fan of what you do at West Paw! From being a fellow B Corp to making Fiona's absolute #1 favorite frisbees in the world, you hit it out of the park. And thank you for your understanding re: manufacturing, production, supply chain, demand... it's sometimes a complex (and challenging, in a great way) puzzle to navigate.

              Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
              Darcy Thanks for the heads-up. Are all the sizes going to be available in all 1050d ballistic colors or is it only the Cordura colors?
              Originally posted by autolycus View Post
              I'm assuming these will only ever be offered in 1050d ballistic or the 1000 Cordura? I would love Yeomans in Constellation and Ursa. If there's a chance of that in the future, I will probably only buy 1 this round (I have a specific use right now) and then get others in the next restock. Otherwise, I might get a 2-3 more in the hope that we resume traveling more before the next restock.
              Eeek, I missed these questions! Yes, Yeomans are available in the usual1050d ballistic *and* 1000d Cordura colors (but I'm sure everyone knows that by now!)

              No plans to offer Yeomans in 525d, 630d, or other materials.

              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

              Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Darcy View Post



                Sorry about that: we got our wires crossed there. We think we've made enough Yeomans for everyone who wants one. If they sell out quickly or otherwise prove to be quite popular, we'll offer Yeomans again for pre-order sometime this year or early next. When we're able to do that depends on the production schedule and what else we're making. Hope this helps clear things up!




                I'm sorry you didn't receive the newsletter! It might be in your spam/junk folder: if it's not, [email protected] and we can resend it (and also figure out why you didn't receive it in the first place!)
                I missed this response and got on my phone at 7 am sharp to get my bag. Can the timing of restocks be varied so they aren't always so early for those of us on the West Coast? It's too much pressure first thing in the morning when I'm not really awake

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                  We think we've made enough Yeomans for everyone who wants one. If they sell out quickly or otherwise prove to be quite popular, we'll offer Yeomans again for pre-order sometime this year or early next. When we're able to do that depends on the production schedule and what else we're making. Hope this helps clear things up!
                  I think the people have spoken! I do not envy the incredibly complicated balance y'all are constantly having to deal with. I know you've mentioned in the past that some products (shop bags were one example, IIRC) that can sit for months without selling more than a few and then be in crazy demand if brought back after having been retired. Was the YD one of those situations, or was it mostly just the material use issue that caused its retirement and demand was always steady, if lower?

                  I think I can speak for most of the forum when I say that we appreciate how considerate y'all are as a company, always trying to adjust and find the best balance possible.

                  Also, a side question: Is there any way to get on a waitlist for specific size/color combinations in case someone cancels or returns? (I can't imagine how many similar requests you would get though, so "no" is an understandable answer!)

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Managed to pick up a small duffle in Coyote! Will any of the cordura colors come back in the next preorder (assuming there is one!)? Noticed only the ballistic colors are left on the site and would love to get another chance at snagging a mini mayura!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by sd2102 View Post

                      I missed this response and got on my phone at 7 am sharp to get my bag. Can the timing of restocks be varied so they aren't always so early for those of us on the West Coast? It's too much pressure first thing in the morning when I'm not really awake
                      We've been sticking with 7:00am PT because it seems to be an okay enough time for most folks. It's a difficult balance finding a time that works for most, especially because no time will work for everyone. That said, we hear you: we start work at 6:30, so a 7:00am restock is definitely quite a way to begin the day! We do track requests like these so we can get a sense of what would help most folks, so your request is noted and logged.

                      Originally posted by autolycus View Post

                      I think the people have spoken! I do not envy the incredibly complicated balance y'all are constantly having to deal with. I know you've mentioned in the past that some products (shop bags were one example, IIRC) that can sit for months without selling more than a few and then be in crazy demand if brought back after having been retired. Was the YD one of those situations, or was it mostly just the material use issue that caused its retirement and demand was always steady, if lower?

                      I think I can speak for most of the forum when I say that we appreciate how considerate y'all are as a company, always trying to adjust and find the best balance possible.

                      Also, a side question: Is there any way to get on a waitlist for specific size/color combinations in case someone cancels or returns? (I can't imagine how many similar requests you would get though, so "no" is an understandable answer!)
                      Indeed they have! See this update I just posted re: the future of Yeomans.

                      It's not so much that the Yeomans (or Shop Bags) for that matter aren't popular: it's just that there's other bags that are even more popular. So, the limiting factor is really production capacity at this point.

                      Our tentative plan is to do a monthly restock of returns or cancellations, kinda like today's except the list of items would usually be much shorter because it'd be monthly. We haven't historically minded fielding individual requests, but we're getting so many now that a monthly restock is a better way to handle it, keeping in mind the customer service crew's workload.

                      And thank you for your understanding! It's a big part of what allows us to share so freely about what we're working on, what's challenging, etc.

                      Originally posted by hellomatt View Post
                      Managed to pick up a small duffle in Coyote! Will any of the cordura colors come back in the next preorder (assuming there is one!)? Noticed only the ballistic colors are left on the site and would love to get another chance at snagging a mini mayura!
                      Yes, the Cordura colors will be offered in the next pre-order. See this update!

                      (hope that all made sense, it's quite warm here and it's making me sleepy!)

                      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                      Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Darcy View Post

                        We've been sticking with 7:00am PT because it seems to be an okay enough time for most folks. It's a difficult balance finding a time that works for most, especially because no time will work for everyone. That said, we hear you: we start work at 6:30, so a 7:00am restock is definitely quite a way to begin the day! We do track requests like these so we can get a sense of what would help most folks, so your request is noted and logged.

                        I get it. I work across many time zones and know it's difficult to coordinate. I just can't think clearly enough/quickly enough to buy more than the one item I remembered to pre-load on my phone the night before so I'm being selfish. Thanks for logging the request.
                        The pre-orders have been great because I have time to wake up and mentally process exactly what I want. But I know you can't make everyone happy with the restock timing.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Darcy View Post



                          Sorry about that: we got our wires crossed there. We think we've made enough Yeomans for everyone who wants one. If they sell out quickly or otherwise prove to be quite popular, we'll offer Yeomans again for pre-order sometime this year or early next. When we're able to do that depends on the production schedule and what else we're making. Hope this helps clear things up!




                          I'm sorry you didn't receive the newsletter! It might be in your spam/junk folder: if it's not, [email protected] and we can resend it (and also figure out why you didn't receive it in the first place!)
                          I also have trouble with the newsletter. I show as signed up for it, and various folks have checked on it at different times and confirm that I am, indeed, signed up. But I think I've only gotten one or maybe two newsletter . I wonder if it would make sense to have a tab on the website, "newsletters", where these could be posted so we could just click there and find them?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by sd2102 View Post

                            I get it. I work across many time zones and know it's difficult to coordinate. I just can't think clearly enough/quickly enough to buy more than the one item I remembered to pre-load on my phone the night before so I'm being selfish. Thanks for logging the request.
                            The pre-orders have been great because I have time to wake up and mentally process exactly what I want. But I know you can't make everyone happy with the restock timing.
                            Do you use the wishlist at all? You can add out of stock items there and then quickly put them in your cart to check out when they're available. No coherent thought needed!

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                              Small Adult Backpack #1, Small Adult Backpack #2
                              Darcy What's your current best guess as to when these will be available?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X