Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,745   Posts: 190,325   Members: 6,605   Active Members: 251
Welcome to our newest member, torova5066.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeomans now part of 6/23 restock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WineCountry
    replied
    Originally posted by sd2102 View Post
    I have a question about whether the bag will also be available later this year. I read Darcy's original post to say that the already produced bags will be available for this restock, but that it would be available for pre-order later this year when they figure out how to slot it in.

But, the newsletter that just came out seems to say there is no guarantee that this bag will be made in the future.

I was hoping to avoid the mad dash at 7 am my time and was just going to see if it was still available later in the morning, or order it later this fall/winter whenever it became available again. But if there is no guarantee there will be a production of these later this year, then I will try to get on at 7 am instead.
    Did not receive newsletter can someone post?

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Originally posted by sd2102 View Post
    I have a question about whether the bag will also be available later this year. I read Darcy's original post to say that the already produced bags will be available for this restock, but that it would be available for pre-order later this year when they figure out how to slot it in.

But, the newsletter that just came out seems to say there is no guarantee that this bag will be made in the future.

I was hoping to avoid the mad dash at 7 am my time and was just going to see if it was still available later in the morning, or order it later this fall/winter whenever it became available again. But if there is no guarantee there will be a production of these later this year, then I will try to get on at 7 am instead.
    I noticed the same thing. I really hope everyone will get a chance at a YD like we get with preorders, even if it involves waiting for another run.

Darcy, can you clarify on the situation at all?
    Last edited by Surrealle; 06-22-2021, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sd2102
    replied

Leave a comment:

• photocat
    replied
    Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
    Darcy Thanks for the heads-up. Are all the sizes going to be available in all 1050d ballistic colors or is it only the Cordura colors?
    I was wondering the same too! My heart hopes yes as I greatly prefer the 1050d ballistic material... my wallet says "another bag...really?" FWIW my heart usually wins

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BBEF65DC-F23E-468B-92ED-5F679A53E6E4.jpeg
Views:	811
Size:	562.8 KB
ID:	333245

Hope I'm not stepping on too many toes by saying this but I've used the Absolute and Mini strap and while they're perfectly good, I actually find that I like this one a lot better.

It's very comfortable, a bit stretchier, and it has ventilation so it doesn't get as hot. It's also about 10-15 dollars cheaper if I recall correctly.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by organicfarmer View Post

Could always get a OpTech Mini SOS strap, about half the width of the TB absolute strap and the Mini SOS is the sibling to the strap that is rebranded as the TB Absolute strap.
    As far as I know, the Absolute Strap was the result of work that Op-Tech did with The Tom BIHN folks to develop a strap to their specifications. (I have different variations from when they were first working out the design from over 15 years ago). Op-Tech did later sell this version, but it wasn’t a case of Tom BIHN rebranding an existing Op-Tech strap in whose development they played no driving part.
    Originally posted by hellomatt View Post

I didn't know that about the OpTech. I have one of their straps already for lugging a large medium-format camera! I'll take a look into the Mini SOS for sure.
    I’m posting a picture that shows the Op-Tech SOS Mini Strap next to the Absolute Strap. It’s from this post where I describe how to hack a Field Journal Notebook so that it can be used with a different strap of the user’s choice, Since people who don’t have logins won’t be able to read the link, I’m separately posting the picture here.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4C21256D-9503-4FEC-91C2-5EAFAE6984C8.png Views:	0 Size:	1.92 MB ID:	333243
    The FJN shoulder strap connector points have been hacked with triangle clips to allow the attachment of other shoulder straps. I’ve attached an Op-Tech Mini SOS Strap to it, but show part of the larger Absolute strap to the right for comparison. People were adding watercolors and heavier artist supplies to the Field Journal Notebook and asking for a way to carry the heavier load by using another strap. (Earlier strap is like the one currently used for the Side Kick)

HTH

moriond

Leave a comment:

• hellomatt
    replied
    Originally posted by organicfarmer View Post

Could always get a OpTech Mini SOS strap, about half the width of the TB absolute strap and the Mini SOS is the sibling to the strap that is rebranded as the TB Absolute strap.
    I didn't know that about the OpTech. I have one of their straps already for lugging a large medium-format camera! I'll take a look into the Mini SOS for sure.

Originally posted by G42 View Post

Welcome to the Forums!!
    Thank you! Been a long-time fan but only recently made a bag purchase. Got my Synik the other day and will absolutely be buying more bags (I've got a list ready for next week's restock).
    Last edited by hellomatt; 06-17-2021, 05:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Excited to pick up a small yeoman (probably in mayura after seeing these pictures)! Do folks use the Absolute Strap even with the small and mini sizes? Wondering if they may look proportionally too big, but I do plan on using it as a carry-on travel bag. Haven't seen many pictures with straps on so thought I'd ask here.
    Welcome to the Forums!!

Leave a comment:

• organicfarmer
    replied
    Originally posted by epeterson View Post

That would have been a good April Fool's post...new levitating bag from Tom Bihn...never worry about airline weight restrictions again!
    No worries about airline weight restrictions? Because you can fly on your TB bag direct to destination in a socially distanced manner. Perfect timing for the this new design.

Do folks use the Absolute Strap even with the small and mini sizes?

Leave a comment:

• autolycus
    replied
    Excited to pick up a small yeoman (probably in mayura after seeing these pictures)! Do folks use the Absolute Strap even with the small and mini sizes? Wondering if they may look proportionally too big, but I do plan on using it as a carry-on travel bag. Haven't seen many pictures with straps on so thought I'd ask here.
    My wife uses an absolute strap with her mini. It is definitely overkill, but it doesn't look ridiculous. The small should definitely look fine. Keep in mind that the "small" YD is 28 liters, so nearly the same size as an A30.

Leave a comment:

• hellomatt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• autolycus
    replied
    I'm assuming these will only ever be offered in 1050d ballistic or the 1000 Cordura? I would love Yeomans in Constellation and Ursa. If there's a chance of that in the future, I will probably only buy 1 this round (I have a specific use right now) and then get others in the next restock. Otherwise, I might get a 2-3 more in the hope that we resume traveling more before the next restock.

Leave a comment:

• b1gsky
    replied
    Darcy Thanks for the heads-up. Are all the sizes going to be available in all 1050d ballistic colors or is it only the Cordura colors?

Leave a comment:

• MTeric22
    replied
    Darcy I completely understand the logistics of Lean Manufacturing. At West Paw here in Bozeman, that’s how we operate. From one B Corp to another, thank you for the extra planning it takes to operate that way.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooner View Post
    I take it from the photo that the canary Yeoman duffel is able to float in mid-air? That's handy for packing and travel.

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing new stuff.
    I assumed it was because a Canary is a bird and can fly

Leave a comment:

Working...
X