Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,745   Posts: 190,325   Members: 6,605   Active Members: 251
Welcome to our newest member, torova5066.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeomans now part of 6/23 restock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• epeterson
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooner View Post
    I take it from the photo that the canary Yeoman duffel is able to float in mid-air? That's handy for packing and travel.

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing new stuff.
    That would have been a good April Fool's post...new levitating bag from Tom Bihn...never worry about airline weight restrictions again!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooner View Post
    I take it from the photo that the canary Yeoman duffel is able to float in mid-air? That's handy for packing and travel.

hehe! Just wait until you see Yeoman Jenga:

Click image for larger version

Name:	yeoman-jenga.jpg
Views:	1239
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	333202

Leave a comment:

• Cooner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    started a topic Yeomans now part of 6/23 restock

Yeomans now part of 6/23 restock

Yeoman Update

I have some news that might be good news for some folks and not-so-good news for other folks.

Everyone seems quite excited for the upcoming Yeoman Duffels. We kinda thought that’d be the case, so, when we ordered a production run of Yeomans for photo samples, we decided to order a good quantity of each size and color to give ourselves a head start. That first production run is pretty much done, as in, the bags have been sewn and are in the warehouse waiting to go to their new homes.

Now, in the meantime, we’ve been strategizing regarding our production schedule, and how we’re going to open up capacity to make the Techonaut 30 and Techonaut 45, Small Adult Backpack #1, Small Adult Backpack #2 and various other new designs, fabrics, and colors that we’re excited to offer. We’re also of course sewing all of the 5/6 pre-order bags (they’re on track to ship late July, if not a tiny bit sooner!)

What we began seeing was that we had a good quantity of Yeomans already made and there wouldn’t be room in the production schedule to open up a pre-order until late Fall or thereabouts — so they’d be sitting on the shelves, rather lonely, never offered until well after the upcoming road trip season. That seemed sad and also problematic: with our production capacity limited, it’s important to us to put what we’ve made up on the website and let folks order it. Plus, there’s been some chats here about the systems and logistics related to pre-order, and how it’d sure be great for workflow and sanity if we were able to ship all pre-order bags before opening another pre-order.

So here’s what I’m getting to: the Yeoman Duffels were originally intended to be offered as a pre-order. In an effort to offer up what we’ve made and make a lot of folks happy since they’d be able to get Yeoman sooner rather than later, we’d like to offer them as part of the upcoming June 23rd restock. As I mentioned above, we made a lot of Yeomans, but it is possible some colors will sell out, and some people will miss out, at least this time around. If that happens, we’ll offer Yeomans in these same colors and fabrics again, so it won’t be the only chance to order them.

Here's a link to the updated 6/23 restock page, which now includes Yeomans and the Padded Hip Belt Pocket:
    https://www.tombihn.com/collections/restock

Click image for larger version

Name:	flying-yeoman.jpg
Views:	1488
Size:	816.1 KB
ID:	333194
Working...
X