Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,580   Posts: 188,312   Members: 6,539   Active Members: 284
Welcome to our newest member, tam017.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinault Solar Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quinault Solar Project

We wanted to share something with you that you helped make possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nugguam-april.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	333542

TOM BIHN has been honored to play a small role by sponsoring a joint project between the Quinault Indian Nation, Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF), and Twende Solar to bring the first renewable energy project to the Quinault Indian Nation — the installation of a 24 kW solar system with two Tesla Powerwalls for battery backup and resilience in the village of Queets. And if it wasn't for you, the folks who buy and use our bags, we wouldn't have been able to say yes to an opportunity to support a project like this one: thank you.

To learn more about the project, see this blog post:
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/quinaultsolar

In that blog post, there's a great video about the project created by Twende Solar, as well as interviews with Marissa of Twende and Raphaela of BEF, and a link to an interview with Quinault Indian Nation Vice President Fawn Sharp.

Photo: the April issue of Nugguam, the Quinault Indian Nation monthly newspaper. There's a link to the full article in the post.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Fantastic! A big "thank you" to the folks at Tom Bihn for choosing this project.

Comment

Oh wow! I just saw that article pop up somewhere else. Fantastic! Thank you for letting us know.

Comment

Thank you so very much for sharing that wonderful article, Darcy!

I always knew that the Tom Bihn Crew was the best when it comes to take care of the Pale Blue Dot, the People and Animals.

You give a new meaning to powerful collaboration.

The Blog post containing the Q&A WITH MARISSA JOHNSON, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF TWENDE SOLAR, she says

"Funny story, I actually ran into a gentleman in Portland at a renewable energy networking event and the last name of Bihn was on his name tag. I asked him if he was related to TOM BIHN since I knew my bag was manufactured in the Pacific NW and he indicated that he was, in fact, Tom's brother. I was super excited when BEF mentioned that TOM BIHN was interested in sponsoring this project after such a wonderful experience with the brand."

A big thank you for Mr and Mrs Bihn for giving 3 wonderful children to the world!

Again, thank you so much Tom Bihn Crew!

Comment

Wonderful project! I love supporting a company that does so much good. Thank you, Tom Bihn Crew!

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for sharing in this project with us! There's so much going on these days in the world and my hope is that we can all take a moment together and think about how cool it is to be a part of a project like this that's positive in so many ways. As we said in the post, literally couldn't have done it without you.

And backpack your compassion for animals and care for the environment has always been inspiring to us. I can't for a second claim we are the best but we certainly can try and you encouraging us definitely helps with that.
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
              Thank you, everyone, for sharing in this project with us! There's so much going on these days in the world and my hope is that we can all take a moment together and think about how cool it is to be a part of a project like this that's positive in so many ways. As we said in the post, literally couldn't have done it without you.

And backpack your compassion for animals and care for the environment has always been inspiring to us. I can't for a second claim we are the best but we certainly can try and you encouraging us definitely helps with that.
              Oh Darcy, it is so sweet of you to say so, your kind words and actions are always timely.

Because, just today, this afternoon, I was wondering if activism with words, was worth anything.

I had the same feeling of despondence, a couple of weeks ago, then, I came upon a quote from MLK who said, if you see injustice, start writing. That quote was soothing to the heart and your kind words of today, are even more so.
              Last edited by backpack; 06-28-2021, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X