No announcement yet.

The Techonaut / Technonaut Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally if I was going to use a 30+ liter bag as an EDC, I'd probably need it to have compression straps like the BB for when I'm not carrying as much. The amount of space I need from day to day and even hour to hour varies widely.

Comment

I currently use the L15 as my EDC so a 30L bag is way overkill for that. I could definitely see the 30L Techonaut as a long weekend (3-4 day) trip bag though, where I'm bringing my laptop + cables, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by WineCountry View Post
        I think I would have liked a small quick access pocket at the top for dumping keys, wallets, sunglasses, masks, etc. into and as you say to be able to access it when the bag is under the seat.
        I think it has that!
        "NEW EXTERIOR POCKETS: One is sized for a phone/wallet/passport, and the other two can fit some water bottles, an umbrella, lightweight jackets, etc."
        Click image for larger version  Name:	QAPshadow-guide-back-panel.png Views:	0 Size:	1.58 MB ID:	334228
        Click image for larger version  Name:	QAPtechonaut-shoulder-carry.png Views:	0 Size:	1.72 MB ID:	334229

I do wish the zipper was "up higher" on that higher seam in this last pic as that would make the main compartment more backpack-like and make putting things there super easy access from the top of the bag, e.g., you could clip a few pouches there for other quick-access things ...

As it looks, you'll have to "go over the top" of the bag to reach the zipper and then things could get kinda stuck under the lip, so you'll have to reach over and then back under to pull them out, versus if that zip was on the higher seam.

In short, kinda wish the main compartment was more Synik-like than Aeronaut-like (at least on the TN30 version!).Click image for larger version

Name:	qap2techonaut-u-shaped.png
Views:	808
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	334231
        Last edited by GrussGott; 07-21-2021, 04:32 PM.
        Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

Originally posted by loz33k View Post
          The bag is looking good so far, don’t suppose it will have a luggage handle pass thru on the back?
          Oh it do! Hot off the press, recommend speed=0.25

Really liking this techonaut ... the grey in the last shot has got to be a TN45 ...
          Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

Hope they’ll post the comparison shots with people of various heights. That was really helpful to me in visualizing sizing.
            Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

⌘R'ing Instagram and tombihn.com like a maniac.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveltech View Post
                Hope they’ll post the comparison shots with people of various heights. That was really helpful to me in visualizing sizing.
                Those are scheduled but won't be done for another few weeks!

Originally posted by widepipe View Post
                ⌘R'ing Instagram and tombihn.com like a maniac.
                Good to know... in that case, I'll share this now. It'll be posted on IG later this evening:

We’re so close to sharing the details on the new Techonaut travel bag with all of you! The product pages (specs, materials, price, all that good stuff) will debut tomorrow, along with a blog post by our very own Cody (Bag Expert/Customer Service here at TB) on all kinds of organizational options for the Techonaut using various pouches and packing cubes. We're also building a page for the optional Techonaut Internal Frame (we know that'll make some of you quite pleased!)⁠

In the meantime, here’s one more sneak peek: an example of what can fit in the Techonaut 45.⁠

P.S. Someone asked "Is this the first thing designed by Nik that doesn't have Nik in the name?" So, we asked Nik what he'd like us to respond, and he said: "I changed my name to Techo." Have to add that to our Techonaut FAQ....⁠

Click image for larger version

Name:	45-Techonaut-Load-Out-Travel-Bag.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	334256

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Darcy Are the straps on this the edgeless or the old style ones?

Comment

After seeing the videos and description page on the Techonaut, my concerns about the apparent (erroneous understanding) lack of a top pocket have been clarified. Not a huge fan of the luggage pass through/webbing, but I’ll get over it. Well done on this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Traveltech View Post
                      While the bags aren't exactly alike the dimensions for the TN30 and the A30 are nearly identical. There's a comparison video on the A30 page that shows people of various heights.

Comment

$360 for the 30L. Quite a jump from the Aeronaut 30. I understand that the Aeronaut 30 may be up for production later in the year -- is a price increase expected for that bag as well?
                        Last edited by Larry Clark; 07-23-2021, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Oh my that Night Walk halcyon color is beautiful.

I can not get the video to play on safari. Is anyone else having trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by YRose View Post
                            Oh my that Night Walk halcyon color is beautiful.

I can not get the video to play on safari. Is anyone else having trouble?
                            https://youtu.be/Emba67PXaTo

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                              Thanks. I finally got it to play.

Comment

Ok, I know that this would be unsymmetrical, but after watching the video, I want to try attaching a LGD or DL-PCSB (using the triangle attachment points & double swivel carabiners) to the side of the bag where the shoulder strap would go, if it were in backpack mode.
                                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Working...
                                X