Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,490   Posts: 187,416   Members: 6,445   Active Members: 334
Welcome to our newest member, Ironaztek.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Techonaut / Technonaut Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the pictures are so helpful. The side-by-side comparison pictures are perfect, thank you so much!
    I would be interested in seeing the Techonaut 30 side-by-side with the Synik 30, whenever someone who has that Synik get that Techonaut.

Night Walker Halcyon is STUNNING. I would like a Side Kick in it ASAP please; I have the Side Effect in Tidal/Tidal and I love it, but I'm not sure 200d Halcyon is up for the Side Kick size.

Comment

Can anyone tell me which grey fabric is in all the T45 promo photos? Is it nebulous or steel? I knew I would be ordering a T45, but hadn’t decided on a color until I saw that. Beautiful.

Comment

So now the difficult excruciating part: what color is everyone eyeing?

I'm targeting the BH/Coyote T30.

Comment

Apologies for this unrelated question 😅 ... Does anybody know what the sandals are in Darcy 's picture?

Originally posted by Darcy View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	45-Techonaut-Load-Out-Travel-Bag.jpg
Views:	939
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	334256

Comment

Originally posted by craigmcclellan View Post
            Can anyone tell me which grey fabric is in all the T45 promo photos? Is it nebulous or steel? I knew I would be ordering a T45, but hadn’t decided on a color until I saw that. Beautiful.
            That's Steel 1050d ballistic.
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post

That's Steel 1050d ballistic.
              Thanks Darcy!

Comment

Originally posted by dmoneysong View Post
                So now the difficult excruciating part: what color is everyone eyeing?

I'm targeting the BH/Coyote T30.
                Pretty set on the Night Walk/NWS 45. Need to plan a trip for October 😂

Comment

hellomatt those are Montbell Lock-On Sandals, Men's Size 9.

Originally posted by dkatri View Post
                  Darcy Are the straps on this the edgeless or the old style ones?
                  Edgeless all the way, from shoulder straps to the carry handle!
                  Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by YRose View Post
                    Oh my that Night Walk halcyon color is beautiful.

I can not get the video to play on safari. Is anyone else having trouble?
                    I am! I've tried everything and nothing will appear at all in the spot for the video. (I also may need a tutorial on how to view the individual pictures of each color offered. I wonder if this is an iPad issue again?

Comment

Originally posted by YRose View Post
                      Oh my that Night Walk halcyon color is beautiful.

I can not get the video to play on safari. Is anyone else having trouble?
                      As a last resort, which picture is the Nightwalk Halcyon? If you start at the far left on the top row and count over, which one is it? I may at least be able to enlarge the photo enough to get some idea. And where are you all seeing actual names of colors and descriptions? I can get the small thumbnail pictures under the "in production" section, and when I click on each one, I get a larger set of two pictures that shows the outside and inside. But there is no color way listed that I can find. Could be simple user error, could be safari, but any guidance appreciated.

Comment

Good lord, what a victory this bag is! I have only 2 niggles to get over (the lack of top access to the main compartment, and $$$ - zippers will have to be experienced) ... but Night WALK? come on. what a beauty ... That said, there's only one color for me, and I'm considering it a personal gift

Click image for larger version  Name:	Techonaut45_Coy_2048x.jpg?v=1626886547.jpg Views:	0 Size:	240.8 KB ID:	334302
                        AND with the black label ... AND *2* QA pockets ... AND a usable luggage mount (the synik's vertical version is too tall for most luggage handles).

I haven't used it yet of course, but I'm fairly certain, given the fabric choices, this is the best bag in its class on the market - though some might prefer more built-in org or a better briefcase style (trinity?), this bag, in these fabrics, easily beats just about everything out there from the usual suspects. again, Night Walk? come on. And ... I gotta admit ... I'm VERY close on the Beaver Camo, that's pretty sick. Nothing else on the market like it!

This bag is the ultimate piece of convertible carry-on luggage.

Total home run.
                        Last edited by GrussGott; 07-23-2021, 05:18 PM.
                        Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

Darcy (or anyone!) maybe I missed these things in all the specs (apologies if so) but a few Qs:

(1.) What are the internal dimensions of the main & bottom pockets on each?

(2.) Do the side & QA pockets have their own space or push into the main pocket space (like on, say, the WF / TS)?

(3.) Doe the main & bottom pocket share moveable space like on the Aeronauts?

Thanks!

BTW, to you and Nik & the whole TB team, what a home run:

Click image for larger version

Name:	200.gif
Views:	628
Size:	6.70 MB
ID:	334304
                          Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

I'll put my response here since it's more TN related ...
                            Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
                            I know that this is a bit greedy as it's not even out yet, but from what I can see I'd LOVE a Techonaut scaled down to about 20L for EDC. Seems like the perfect mix of "bucket" and "organization" that is right up my alley for bags. (The Syniks are close but the front pockets cramp the main compartment a bit more than I'd like, and I don't think I'd have that problem with a TN. Plus the alternate carry options would be nice.)
                            LOL, feeling greedy myself! I **love** the Techonaut (Nikonaut? TechoNik? TechNik? ooo TechNik! maybe it's not too late!) ...

ANYway, I love the TechNik - dang it! - The Techonaut, and after seeing how the quick access pockets work on the video I'm less concerned about having the main compartment unzip more the Synik, though I'd still prefer it in the 30L ... but the 45L is pretty great as-is for me.

In short, there may be an opportunity on the table for a 25L-35L blend of the Synik & Techonaut ... that is, the ultimate convertible travel+EDC backpack ... that would be embarrassingly luxurious.
                            Last edited by GrussGott; 07-23-2021, 10:59 PM.
                            Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

Originally posted by aungrl View Post

As a last resort, which picture is the Nightwalk Halcyon? If you start at the far left on the top row and count over, which one is it? I may at least be able to enlarge the photo enough to get some idea. And where are you all seeing actual names of colors and descriptions? I can get the small thumbnail pictures under the "in production" section, and when I click on each one, I get a larger set of two pictures that shows the outside and inside. But there is no color way listed that I can find. Could be simple user error, could be safari, but any guidance appreciated.
                              Wanted to log back on to say that things are working perfectly this morning from the iPad. I did a hard reboot and all is well! LOVE THIS BAG!

Comment

Pondering and rationalizing… as the TN30 doesn’t have a frame sheet, do you think it could be acceptable as a personal item on a flight? Anyone have experience using a A30 underpacked as their personal item?
                                Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

Working...
                                X