Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,503   Posts: 187,562   Members: 6,462   Active Members: 324
Welcome to our newest member, Timewalker.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handy little thing for Shadow Guide 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handy little thing for Shadow Guide 23

Hi, what size Handy Little Thing would be the best fit for the best fit for the front/top compartment of the Shadow Guide 23

Originally posted by jmclrk View Post
    Hi, what size Handy Little Thing would be the best fit for the best fit for the front/top compartment of the Shadow Guide 23
    Hi jmclrk

I think the HLT 2 would be the best fit to the main top compartment of the Shadow Guide 23. You could attach the swivel carabiners that come with the HLT to the O-rings just at the corner of the zippered opening, to make it easy to pull out. The compartment is deeper than the depth of either HLT, so there's room for other items underneath the HLT, as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5072.JPG Views:	4 Size:	732.2 KB ID:	333920
    The HLT 2 in Nebulous Grey 630d Recycled suspended from the two o-rings at either corner of the zippered opening of the Shadow Guide 23 top pocket. The colors all look a little light in this picture. I've included a picture of a Taiga Side Effect (similar cross-section to the HLT 2, but the HLT 2 is deeper and less rectangular), since I saw there are still HLT 2s in Taiga Halcyon available. Both the colors shown in the picture are nice neutral shades that look nice with the Ursa (and would also work well with Black).

ETA: When the HLT 2 is attached via the swivel carabiners, it can sit all the way at the bottom of the pocket (the top in this picture), and easily be pulled all the way out to its current position while remaining attached. The "handle" is at the bottom of the bag, and similar to the way you can leave it attached to the bottom front zippered (or "chin") pocket in a Synik or Synapse, you can open the clamshell to access the contents while the HLT remains attached.

Hope this helps.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 07-11-2021, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Hi Moriond, I've just ordered one thank you for the advice, Cheers John

Comment

Working...
      X