New Website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Website!

You might notice our website is looking a little different today! We’ve launched a new design that we’ve been working on for the last few months. First up: we want to thank our developers as well as Kat, Darcy, Cody, and Matthew for the work they contributed to testing, proofing, and sharing feedback on the new site. Everyone put a lot of work, thought, and care into the new site and while it certainly isn’t 100% perfect we are proud of everyone’s efforts.

You’re welcome to ask questions, share feedback, or point out issues here or [email protected] As always, your feedback is important to us. (Wait, that sounds like something an automated message would say.) Seriously though, if you’re using the new site and there’s stuff you like — telling us what you appreciate encourages us to do more of that thing if we can — and/or stuff you don’t like — constructive criticism is always helpful: you’ll think of things we don’t — or especially anything that’s broken or problematic, we welcome it.

Note: as part of the transition to the new website, all Organizer Pouches that were previously “Various Colors” will now be like the Ghost Whale Pouches — you’ll be able to choose in a drop-down the size and color you’d like! Folks have been asking us to make this change for quite a while and we’re glad to finally be able to make it happen. We’re still photographing each of the colors, so there will be “Photo Coming Soon” images another week or so.

We’re going to continue to make small tweaks and fixes on the new site, though we’re taking a break from adding new features. We will be adding back the comparison app in the next couple of months. If there’s feature requests you’d like to make, go for it! We’ll add them in our project management software for consideration in future mini-website-updates, even if we’re taking a break from adding features for now.

Mike

Looks very clean and “modern”. Nice work! I like all the changes and new features. Sharp!

I also appreciate the Tom Bihn at the top then changing to the airplane as you scroll down. Nice little subtle change.
    Last edited by MTeric22; 07-15-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that! I'm so glad you like it

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
        You might notice our website is looking a little different today! We’ve launched a new design that we’ve been working on for the last few months. First up: we want to thank our developers as well as Kat, Darcy, Cody, and Matthew for the work they contributed to testing, proofing, and sharing feedback on the new site. Everyone put a lot of work, thought, and care into the new site and while it certainly isn’t 100% perfect we are proud of everyone’s efforts.

You’re welcome to ask questions, share feedback, or point out issues here or [email protected] As always, your feedback is important to us. (Wait, that sounds like something an automated message would say.) Seriously though, if you’re using the new site and there’s stuff you like — telling us what you appreciate encourages us to do more of that thing if we can — and/or stuff you don’t like — constructive criticism is always helpful: you’ll think of things we don’t — or especially anything that’s broken or problematic, we welcome it.

Note: as part of the transition to the new website, all Organizer Pouches that were previously “Various Colors” will now be like the Ghost Whale Pouches — you’ll be able to choose in a drop-down the size and color you’d like! Folks have been asking us to make this change for quite a while and we’re glad to finally be able to make it happen. We’re still photographing each of the colors, so there will be “Photo Coming Soon” images another week or so.

We’re going to continue to make small tweaks and fixes on the new site, though we’re taking a break from adding new features. We will be adding back the comparison app in the next couple of months. If there’s feature requests you’d like to make, go for it! We’ll add them in our project management software for consideration in future mini-website-updates, even if we’re taking a break from adding features for now.

Mike
        I like it! It looks fresh and clean! I especially like that Organizer Pouches and Q-Kits can be selected by color! It’s also nice to see the retired designs alongside current offerings.
        Amazing that, with all the work y’all have, keeping up with our demands, you also designed a new site! Thank you!!

Comment

A few first impressions:

Love:
          • the color scheme
          • the hover-over photo change
          • the new photo gallery style
          • the navigation bar on the product pages
          • the airplane flying in over the logo as you scroll down!
          • the heart to quickly add to the wishlist
          Don't Love:
          • the arrows to scroll through photos don't allow you to wrap back around to the first photo (when you get to the last photo, the right arrow doesn't do anything)
          • the "Sewn in Seattle" and "The Bihn Guarantee" showing before the description on every item - it feels like I have to scroll a lot more to get to info about the item (the nav bar does help with this, but still, sometimes I like to scroll!)
          • I feel like for some of the items (like GWOPs) that have size and color options, it would be more helpful to have one drop-down menu for size and another for color - the single menu feels overwhelming sometimes and it can be hard to look through and actually see which options are available
          Overall, I really like it! It's obvious y'all put in a ton of work on this. Great job!
          EDC: S25, HLT2
          Waiting on: T30, LGD

Comment

I love the clean, modern design.

Comment

What a nice surprise to log into the site this morning (to check the shipping progress of my latest order, of course) to see the new design. It's clean and much more modern looking, and I love the larger product photos. Well done!

Comment

I noticed on the Clear Organizer Pouch page that there's some older Cordura colors listed, specifically Linen and Cocoa. Are those colors available?

Comment

I haven't seen everything yet but I just noticed the account page has pictures of my orders now and it makes it SO much easier to find things now (instead of having to click into each one to see what it was). Thank you!

Edit: Also happy the Tote category has reappeared on mobile. That disappeared from the old site a while back and made it harder to find certain bags.

Edit 2 (I probably should have poked around more before starting this post, lol) Super happy with the filters too! That's been on my website wishlist for a while.

Overall this looks like an awesome and much-needed update. I agree with the minor issue of cycling the photos back around, and the product pages do involve a lot of scrolling, but other than that it looks great.
                  Last edited by Surrealle; 07-15-2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post

I like it! It looks fresh and clean! I especially like that Organizer Pouches and Q-Kits can be selected by color! It’s also nice to see the retired designs alongside current offerings.
                    Amazing that, with all the work y’all have, keeping up with our demands, you also designed a new site! Thank you!!
                    So happy to hear that! We're excited for those changes too! And thanks for acknowledging everything going on over here- it's a great big team effort

Originally posted by alexussery View Post
                    A few first impressions:

Love:
                    • the color scheme
                    • the hover-over photo change
                    • the new photo gallery style
                    • the navigation bar on the product pages
                    • the airplane flying in over the logo as you scroll down!
                    • the heart to quickly add to the wishlist
                    That's all great feedback. I LOVE the airplane flying in

Don't Love:
                    *the arrows to scroll through photos don't allow you to wrap back around to the first photo (when you get to the last photo, the right arrow doesn't do anything)
                    Excellent feedback- this can be fixed.

*the "Sewn in Seattle" and "The Bihn Guarantee" showing before the description on every item - it feels like I have to scroll a lot more to get to info about the item (the nav bar does help with this, but still, sometimes I like to scroll!)
                    We'll make a note of this to review.

*I feel like for some of the items (like GWOPs) that have size and color options, it would be more helpful to have one drop-down menu for size and another for color - the single menu feels overwhelming sometimes and it can be hard to look through and actually see which options are available
                    Thanks to this new site, this is something we can do- we'll add it to our list!

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                    I love the clean, modern design.
                    Originally posted by MisterJacques View Post
                    What a nice surprise to log into the site this morning (to check the shipping progress of my latest order, of course) to see the new design. It's clean and much more modern looking, and I love the larger product photos. Well done!
                    Yay! It's great to hear those impressions.

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                    I noticed on the Clear Organizer Pouch page that there's some older Cordura colors listed, specifically Linen and Cocoa. Are those colors available?
                    We have some older fabrics still in the scrap piles. It's only small bits though so unlikely you'll see anything except Organizer Pouches in those colors.

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
                    I haven't seen everything yet but I just noticed the account page has pictures of my orders now and it makes it SO much easier to find things now (instead of having to click into each one to see what it was). Thank you!

Edit: Also happy the Tote category has reappeared on mobile. That disappeared from the old site a while back and made it harder to find certain bags.

Edit 2 (I probably should have poked around more before starting this post, lol) Super happy with the filters too! That's been on my website wishlist for a while.

Overall this looks like an awesome and much-needed update. I agree with the minor issue of cycling the photos back around, and the product pages do involve a lot of scrolling, but other than that it looks great.
                    This is all great to hear- thanks for that feedback!
                    Last edited by MikeV; 07-15-2021, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I love the looks of the new website too. Did have a momentary panic attack when looking at one of my pending orders because it shows two Yeoman Duffel xl and I ordered two Yeoman Duffel mini. Did on line chat with Kat who said that was an x and a 1 not xl. Guess I should have known by the price but for a few minutes panic set in especially since I think the rest of the preorders are shipping out tomorrow. I like seeing the photos of what was ordered.

Comment

Hey guys! I only had a few moments to page around but it looks great! As has been said before, very modern without being TOO minimalistic. (I dislike sites that look like a blown-up phone app in a desktop browser window.) And yes, I love the plane flying in over the logo when you scroll down.

Side note: If UPS prediction is accurate, I should be getting my MCB and Shop Bag shipped ON MY BIRTHDAY next week. That would be a treat! *vibrates*
                        ---
                        My Bags: Burnt Orange Medium Cafe BagSide Kick Aeronaut 30
                        Canary Large Shop Bag Aubergine Everyday Cubelet
                        With: Island Packing CubesTravel Tray Cubelet Dawn Wallet

Comment

Wow, what timing -- I reviewed a lot of bags this morning, ordered one, then came back this evening to look again...and found the website was quite different. And...I want to say that I love your bags...but I do not love the new website.

When I was comparing bags, I enjoyed scrolling through the many different photos, viewing each bag from different angles, seeing it used by various people for a range of uses. That helped me envision how the bag would fit into my life.

Now, when I go to the Daylight Briefcase page (that's the bag I purchased this morning), I see just two images, both of the front of the bag, but with nothing in the shot to give perspective or let me get a sense of the size. Then I scroll down to see a few very close-in and cut-off shots of specific parts of the bag. But if I want to get a look at the back of the bag (for example, I was wondering if there are any rings I can hang my water bottle from), I'm out of luck. I have no idea if the back of the bag has any zippers, pockets, D-rings, or nothing at all. Then there's one image of a person wearing the bag...but it's a black bag against black clothing, so I still don't have a sense of the size of the bag. And then there's an absolutely enormous video -- my monitor is 24" and my browser window is not zoomed, but I can see at most 2/3 of the height of that video. Once I start it playing, I can't reach the scroll bar at the bottom, because it's hidden behind the bottom panel of the page. (There's clearly some technical issue going on, with that.) And then, that's it for photos. But this morning, weren't there two or three times as many? You have wonderful, high-quality photos of your bags -- why were they removed?

This morning, I liked how easy it was to see at a glance which color combinations are available, and it was easy to click through the different color options.

Now when I want to look through the colors, I click on the color menu and a new window slides out from the right side, obscuring other information in the window (I am never fond of an interface that hides the thing I'm trying to look at). What's worse is that switching to a new color choice also switches back to the first photo -- the one where you can't see the secondary color! So I click in the main window to try to move to the second photo, so I can see the secondary color...but that requires two clicks, because the first click just closes the right-hand color choice window. Okay, now I want to see the next color in the list, so I open up the color menu again, try to remember which one I last clicked on, click on the next one, close the color menu, switch to the second photo...so much extra clicking! (And what is the giant "Select Color" button for? The color is selected as soon as I click on it!)

In short, if this website had been in place this morning, I would not have ordered that bag, because I just can't get a good enough look at it. Your bags are delicious to look at, and your website should show them off...not serve as a barrier. I see from previous comments that this is a minority opinion, but I figured you might want to hear it anyway!

Comment

I sent this report in via chat yesterday, but the "Email us"/"Chat" button doesn't seem to work on the latest version of Safari Version 15.0 (17612.1.18.1.3) on the Mac Monterey 12.0 Beta

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.34.24 PM.png
Views:	607
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	334032

Comment

Wow; this site looks great! I hadn't been on it in a while, and I thought I'd missed something. Didn't realize it was brand new!

Comment

Working...
                              X