No announcement yet.

New Website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also having issues with FireFox, which is auto-updating and should therefore be less elderly, with Privacy and Security set to Standard. Specifically, if I'm viewing a product and scroll down, then click the Shop button, the area with the Shop button disappears and I go nowhere. Shop is broken until I refresh the page or go to another major area of the site, like Blog.

Comment

Just tried to place my latest order and noticed that Apple Pay is no longer showing up as a payment option on the new checkout page. It was there in the last iteration of the website - so unless TB stopped accepting it as a payment option in the last week, it seems that the new website is having problems displaying the Apple Pay button during the checkout process. (For what it's worth, I'm using Safari on Mac OS 11.4.)

Comment

Some more observations and suggestions:
        1. For those ultra-closeup photos, please consider using non-black bags. For example, look at Brain Bag, and scroll through the carousel that's just below the links. For me, visually, the last three images all run together into one big image. If those were three (different) colored bags, I'd have a better sense of where each photo starts and ends, and also what part of the bag each photo is showing.

2. Again with Brain Bag, in the top carousel, some colors include 3 images, and others have just 2. So, when I'm taking a look at each color, and switching photos to try to get a peek at the secondary color (since I can guess what color "Cloud" is but I have no idea what color "Dawn" is), I get in a rhythm of moving right one image, and suddenly I get to a bag with an extra image, and it throws me off. (Also, that side view is helpful -- why not include it for the bags that are in stock, instead of just the "in production" bags?)

3. There are two similar but slightly different menus. I'm so confused -- I can go to the "Shop" menu at the top left and choose "backpacks" or "travel bags" or "face masks." Then once I choose Backpacks, before I even get to the backpacks, I'm offered a horizontal menu of the other categories. But...not all of them. "Travel bags" is still there, but not "face masks," and now I have a new menu for "pouches."
        Having two separate category listings is a bit confusing, but if you need them both, then could they match?

4. "Accessories" is kind of an odd category. It starts off with replacement parts (something new customers probably aren't interested in, so maybe not the most compelling place to start), then shows a bunch of straps, and then gets into pouches (why, when they have their own category?), and then the Co-Pilot bag is in there (that's a bag, not an accessory). And then the "Pouches" page includes all those same pouches, and then a bunch of accessories as well. Why so much redundancy between those two categories?

5. If I right-click the "Shop" link and choose "open in new tab," I get the page https://www.tombihn.com/collections
        I don't think you mean for that page to be live as a free-standing page, since it has square images that are the wrong proportions, and category names that are cut off if they extend to two lines. It's a pretty weird-looking page.

6. On the Large Cafe Bag page, at the end of the Description is a link to http://blog.tombihn.com/which-size-o...-right-for-you but clicking that link leads to a 404.

7. Co-Pilot bag page, second carousel, far right is an image of two bags of different sizes. If I'm already familiar with the product line, I guess I'd assume that Co-Pilot is the smaller bag and Pilot is the larger one. But I suggest two helpful changes would be (a) label the two bags, so I don't have to guess, and (b) show them in context, with something of a known size in the image -- otherwise, I know the Co-Pilot is smaller than some other bag, but I don't really know how big either bag actually is.

So...yes, I do Quality Assurance testing in real life. But all of these things could be spotted by casual viewers, too. Just remember that your web page is the first impression you give to people. If you want people to think your products are high-quality and carefully tested, then give your website the same love!

(Please feel free to remove this post from the forums. I want to share my observations, but I'm not trying to make you look bad!)

Comment

When clicking for the next page of results on a blog post's comments, the next page loads at the very top of the blog post so you have to scroll down the entire page to read the new comments. Rinse and repeat for every additional page of comments since only five comments are shown at a time.
          Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

When I log into my account I can see my wish list, but when I'm on a product page I don't see an option to add an item to it, either in stock or in production. Will this be added back later?

Comment

All: thank you for the continued feedback on the new website. We've implemented many fixes (the site functions properly on older Safaris now!) and some suggestions (Sewn in Seattle/BIHN Guarantee moved farther down the page) and are continuing to review feedback posted here. We'll respond in more detail next week.

Originally posted by Senua View Post
              When I log into my account I can see my wish list, but when I'm on a product page I don't see an option to add an item to it, either in stock or in production. Will this be added back later?
              You can add an item to your wish list from the collection page or the product page by clicking the heart symbol. Hope this helps and if it doesn't, let us know!

Edited to add Senua I think the hearts might've disappeared for a time this morning when we were working on other updates. Just wanted to acknowledge that.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wish-list-shot.jpg Views:	23 Size:	80.9 KB ID:	334247
              Last edited by Darcy; 07-22-2021, 10:56 AM.
              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

In the Other Favorites - Ready to Ship Section at the very bottom of the Design Lab Edition Packing Cube SB page there is a photo of the Absolute Shoulder Strap showing $3.00 price tag. When you click on the photo it takes you to the product page with correct $30.00 price tag. Never mind .... the product page does have drop down for all the shoulder straps and there is a $3.00 version.

Website shows next batch of packing cube shoulder bags will be restocked in July. Any info available? Only Coyote and Black 210 ballistic are shown as in production.
                Last edited by kjquilts; 07-22-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Sorry if this has been mentioned before... I used to be able to hover my cursor over one of the tiny thumbnail colour combo squares and the text of the combo would pop-up... that doesn't seem to work anymore. I liked being able to quickly check some colours without having to go to the page

ETA...whoops, just realized that I could click on each colour thumbnail and it would cycle the pics without leaving the page - though it would be even better if the pics it cycled were the ones that showed outside AND inside colours!
                  Last edited by G42; 07-23-2021, 08:50 AM.
                  I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

and voted as 'Most Dangerous Button' is the new Add All Wishlist items!!!! Congratulations on your win!
                    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

When I click on the video on the Techonaut 30 page I get a "YouTube failed to connect" message. It works on the TN45 page.
                      Last edited by Shortie; 07-23-2021, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post

Edited to add Senua I think the hearts might've disappeared for a time this morning when we were working on other updates. Just wanted to acknowledge that.

Click image for larger version Name:	wish-list-shot.jpg Views:	23 Size:	80.9 KB ID:	334247
                        Yay. I was probably on looking for it at just the right time. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                          When I click on the video on the Techonaut 30 page I get a "YouTube failed to connect" message. It works on the TN45 page.
                          I think we fixed this! Does it work for you now?

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

The video plays now. Thanks, Darcy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                              The video plays now. Thanks, Darcy.
                              Yay! Glad to hear it.

Comment

Just posted this on the Techonaut thread, but thought I'd repost here since this seems like the more appropriate place. I'm on an iPad, and the video isn't working for me at all. Just checked to be sure safari was updated, and it is current. I also can't see anything when I click on the thumbnail of each "in production" color choice, other than 2 pictures that show the outside and inside. No description/label, etc. Any guidance much appreciated. In the meantime, I'll try logging in my from laptop and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X