Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,586   Posts: 188,399   Members: 6,562   Active Members: 320
Welcome to our newest member, FlorBeadle.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parental Unit Unretiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parental Unit Unretiring

What a year for unretired bags (LCB, Yeoman, PUT, PU).
    It's one of the reasons why I converted to TB. They listen to customers and deliver. It also gives new customers who just discovered TB an opportunity to get some classic bags.

Bonus points for offering it as a Pre Order.

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...15480221499455

ETA: product page & forgot about the PUT briefly coming back
    Last edited by dmoneysong; 08-12-2021, 09:35 AM.

A Parental Unit in Night Walk would be pretty cool.

Comment

I'm not even a parent and I would get one..

Comment

I’m a longtime fan of the PU (the most pockets of any TB bag!) and I cannot wait to order one in Night Walk!

Comment

Wow, this is perfect timing! I'm about to become a parent and was so bummed that this had been discontinued. Now it's back, and in Night Walk?? Such great news.
          S25, HLT2, LGD
          Waiting on: T30, PU

Comment

Wait, is it officially coming back or is this thread a request for it to? I must have missed an announcement somewhere..

Comment

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
              Wait, is it officially coming back or is this thread a request for it to? I must have missed an announcement somewhere..
              Popped up yesterday or so on the product page.

Comment

Originally posted by dmoneysong View Post

Popped up yesterday or so on the product page.
                Nice! I completely missed that and thought this was just a request to bring it back, lol. Thanks!!

Comment

It's official! The Parental Unit will be offered for pre-order later this month, along with the Zeitgeist and Paradigm backpacks. The Grab Bag will be offered as a release/restock (not pre-order). Just hit send on the email newsletter that has all the details

Originally posted by alexussery View Post
                  Wow, this is perfect timing! I'm about to become a parent and was so bummed that this had been discontinued. Now it's back, and in Night Walk?? Such great news.
                  Congrulations!!!
                  Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Darcy thanks!
                    S25, HLT2, LGD
                    Waiting on: T30, PU

Comment

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
                      I'm not even a parent and I would get one..
                      I'm not a parent either but I've always kind of regretted not getting one. It appeals to my love of pockets.

Comment

Can anyone who has previous experience with the Parental Unit comment on how well it works in Halcyon? I imagine that it is great if you want to pack a little extra, but is the lack of structure of Halcyon a problem in use for this bag?

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post

I'm not a parent either but I've always kind of regretted not getting one. It appeals to my love of pockets.
                          I never fully realized how much I love separate pockets until I got a PU, which has 12 pockets if you zip the divider in the main compartment. It is pocket heaven!!

Comment

Originally posted by proximal View Post
                            Can anyone who has previous experience with the Parental Unit comment on how well it works in Halcyon? I imagine that it is great if you want to pack a little extra, but is the lack of structure of Halcyon a problem in use for this bag?
                            I prefer it in Halcyon (I have it in a halcyon and 525 Ballistic). The Halcyon molds to the body better when the bag is under-filled, but is more flexible so it also allows you to stuff it a bit more full.

I have never found Halcyon to be a problem with the PU, though if would be severely under-packed then I do tend to just take a smaller bag instead. The cool thing about the PU is that because it is symmetrical you can pack one half of it to regular capacity, then leave the side against your body empty. That way the visible side would look good while the inside finds it easier to bend around your body.

Comment

Originally posted by proximal View Post
                              I have one in 1050D and if I could do it over again I would try it in halcyon. We tended to always fill the bag out and I think having a more flexible material would have allowed us to cram a little more in there and also make it easier to search through the bag to find the item you need.

Comment

Working...
                              X