Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,576   Posts: 188,292   Members: 6,532   Active Members: 277
Welcome to our newest member, Skysarwer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRAB bag colour ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRAB bag colour ways

dreaming up some grab bag combinations

Pink with red!

Zest with black!

The white and light orange samples look like they have a pattern on them, which would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bijoux View Post
      dreaming up some grab bag combinations

Pink with red!

Zest with black!
      We're focusing on sample and spec shelf materials for the first few months of Grab Bags, but after that, I think retired Halcyon colors could be an option... I've spotted some *very* small rolls of colors like Zest and Monarch in the factory.

Which reminds me: it's worth saying again that some of these Grab Bag colors/fabrics will go really quick because there's not enough fabric to make that many or because they'll be popular. There isn't much we can do about that other than make sure to offer a consistent stock Grab Bag color that'll be a regular option. We wanted that regular option to be special too, so we've chosen Navy Parapack ~ and it'll be a solid Navy Parapack Grab Bag.

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
      The white and light orange samples look like they have a pattern on them, which would be cool.
      They do!

Which reminds me of another thing.... we've had some of these sample rolls for so darn long that we might not be able to tell you exactly what they are. (We did make sure to put aside any materials that we didn't think were suitable or high enough quality for even a pouch.) So the description might end up being like "Pale Leopard Print Vinyl" or "Blue Mixed Kevlar".

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

and it'll be a solid Navy Parapack Grab Bag.
        This makes me so happy! I have 3docs in black and steel parapack and I regret not geting one in navy when I had the opportunity. Parapack is such a lovely fabric. I will also likely get some funky, colorful ones too but I'm happy to have a solid option, that is not black.
        Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Comment

Ooooooooooh Navy Parapack, with a UV zipper?

It looks like it will have side triangle rings instead of side ones

I need to do an in-depth look at the new designs.

Edited to say that I really appreciate The Crew willingness to make use of every single scrap of fabric by turning it into fabulous ideas like Pouches.

I definitely miss the Clear Quarter Cube, more than I though when The Crew made the last batch, which sold out really fast.
          Last edited by backpack; 08-14-2021, 12:02 AM.

Comment

I'm hoping you have some remnants of kiwi hanging around- that fabric was discontinued just before I was aware of Tom Bihn, and so I only have a mini Qkit in that color, but WOW its delightful. And I am not a green person but this one has so much life in it.
            Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by backpack View Post
              I definitely miss the Clear Quarter Cube, more than I though when The Crew made the last batch, which sold out really fast.
              No UV zipper I'm afraid (it'll be a black zipper) but I like the idea.

And thanks for the reminder about the CQPC backpack ~ I'm adding it to our list of bags to bring back for one more run. Speaking of which: I'll be sharing some good news about the Clear Organizer Wallet soon.

Originally posted by sturbridge View Post
              I'm hoping you have some remnants of kiwi hanging around- that fabric was discontinued just before I was aware of Tom Bihn, and so I only have a mini Qkit in that color, but WOW its delightful. And I am not a green person but this one has so much life in it.
              Quickly looked for some Kiwi but couldn't find any. Will hunt around a little more tomorrow!

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

P.S. The Grab Bag is 9.4" x 5.3" x 4.1" / 240mm x 135 x 105mm (same length and height as large Snake Charmer but slightly thinner)

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                  P.S. The Grab Bag is 9.4" x 5.3" x 4.1" / 240mm x 135 x 105mm (same length and height as large Snake Charmer but slightly thinner)
                  How does it compare with the HLT 1 and 2?

I don't have a SC and I thought it could be a useful comparison to other Bihnthusiasts who are in the same situation.

Thank you again to the Lovely Crew for making masks and for Tom to share the design freely and big thank yous to both for making great bags, videos and being great people and sharing about yourselves on the Blog.

I have been repacking the Daylight Backpack as long errands trips EDC, it is even more perfect, so much so, that it is a perfect one shoulder carry, that just fit so well, like it isn't there.

Darcy, on the website, very nice and easy to find list of families of items made by TB, love it!

Could you take a picture or pictures of the backpacks lined up by size, like you did the shoulder bags?

Comment

Originally posted by backpack View Post

How does it compare with the HLT 1 and 2?
                    Very different to me. Larger, 3D, no internal organization.

The Grab Bag is one big open space - no interior dividers or pockets - double top zipper.
                    There is a centered grab loop at the top of each long side and a smaller grab loop at each end.
                    There is a triangle snap hook point at the top on each long side, opposite ends (so diagonal to each other).
                    Inside there is an o-ring at the top of each long side, aligned with the top grab handle end stitching, opposite panel end of the triangle snap hook point (so diagonal again, but opposite the snap points).
                    Makes me think of a simplified dopp kit...a more 3D and bigger version of a 3DOC or conversely and more closely, a simplified non-mesh large Snake Charmer.
                    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

While a lot of the focus might end up being on the colors, a video showing all the different ways to use these Grab Bags would be really fun. This could involve a thread of customer-contributed ideas.
                      ----
                      All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                      Edmund Burke

Comment

I'm going to get one to try out, but not sure what I'll use it for. Thinking toiletries but who knows. Maybe lunch items that don't need to be kept cold. The dimensions say this is a smidge longer than the HLT2 (9.4 vs 9.1) , same height, but thicker (4.1 vs 2.6). My current HLT2 is used for travel kitchen items, ie the stuff that rentals don't always have or have junky ones like knives. I might try using a grab bag for those items.
                        Last edited by sturbridge; 08-19-2021, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                          While a lot of the focus might end up being on the colors, a video showing all the different ways to use these Grab Bags would be really fun. This could involve a thread of customer-contributed ideas.
                          That's a fun idea! I'm pretty stuck on it being a burrito carrying bag so more ideas would be helpful. Just kidding: I think it'd also make a great small tech bag (camera gear/accessories, laptop power supply, etc.), mobile coffee/tea kit, small comforts kit (hot cocoa, ibuprofen, tissues, etc.), amongst other uses.

Comment

That's a fun idea! I'm pretty stuck on it being a burrito carrying bag so more ideas would be helpful.
                            Off the top of my head, you could probably also put wraps, gyros, shawarma, hell even a smallish sub or a hot dog or two would probably fit there.

Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

That's a fun idea! I'm pretty stuck on it being a burrito carrying bag so more ideas would be helpful. Just kidding: I think it'd also make a great small tech bag (camera gear/accessories, laptop power supply, etc.), mobile coffee/tea kit, small comforts kit (hot cocoa, ibuprofen, tissues, etc.), amongst other uses.
                              Toiletries, craft supplies, kids could use it to hold small toys during long car trips, small medical kit.

I use a small Snake Charmer as a toiletries kit when traveling and have been wanting an all-fabric one. The Grab Bag looks like my new toiletries kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X