Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,583   Posts: 188,373   Members: 6,553   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, articulate.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRAB bag colour ways

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post

    Off the top of my head, you could probably also put wraps, gyros, shawarma, hell even a smallish sub or a hot dog or two would probably fit there.
    I like the way you think. Move over, Takeout Truck (https://www.instagram.com/p/CQryorurEPs/), here comes the Takeout Grab Bag!

    Maybe even a baked potato?!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Darcy View Post

      I like the way you think. Move over, Takeout Truck (https://www.instagram.com/p/CQryorurEPs/), here comes the Takeout Grab Bag!

      Maybe even a baked potato?!
      The mystery bag giveaway one month definitely should be a zest grab bag full of reese's.

      Comment


        #18
        Keep the ideas for what to show in the Grab Bag coming, whether they're practical, funny, or just plain weird: we're going to shoot a video in the next couple of days and try to include as many as we can
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

        Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

        Comment


          #19
          Munchies: wipes, napkin, snackysnacks, the wool utility cloth

          Airplane goody bag for kids: small toys; stickers; crayons; snacks; wipes; etc... I actually made a version (in a different pouch) for a teenager with hard candy, gum, mini tissues, hand sanitizer, wipes, earplugs; eyemask, granola bars, candy bar, etc.

          Work Toiletry Kit (I used to use a SSC for this): toothbrush, paste, dental floss, deodorant, feminine supplies, bandaids, Motrin, hand cream (I don't use makeup, but I know lots of folks keep extra bits at work)
          Obviously a regular/travel toiletry kit too

          craft supplies

          Camping spices & mini cooking utensils (I have those small silicon ones, a paring knife in sheath, corkscrew, can opener, etc)

          sketching/journaling - just like with the Snake Charmers, a whole lot can fit, but since there's no divider, it fits bigger stuff easier... I can fit the small 3 hole punch for the FJN paper plus pencil pouches of various sizes
          Last edited by G42; 08-20-2021, 03:26 PM.
          I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

          Comment


            #20
            The specs that I saw on the Facebook group have me thinking about making a kind of trading card game bag-I play a lot of Magic the Gathering, and it looks like this could be a decent size to possibly fit a deck box (or even two), some dice and tokens and a small notepad/pen. Could be good for when I go out playing and don't want to bring my entire card collection with me. Now I just gotta see what colors are being offered for the first production run!
            Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

            Comment


              #21
              Looks like a good size for a knitting project bag and the grab handles really useful for moving it around. Oh and room for a snack too.

              Comment


                #22
                Dog walking pouch, car glove box organization, a place to keep my smaller pouches and GWs, Holiday gift bag!

                Comment


                  #23
                  The games conversation got me thinking about our need for a more easily portable Mexican Train/dominoes option. They usually come in a big metal box of some sort, but they're not particularly delicate and don't need a ton of protection.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by user292372 View Post
                    The games conversation got me thinking about our need for a more easily portable Mexican Train/dominoes option. They usually come in a big metal box of some sort, but they're not particularly delicate and don't need a ton of protection.
                    Oh, I've played that before with family, I don't have a set but I'm pretty certain it would all fit in a GB.
                    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

                    Comment


                      #25
                      The Grab Bag could be a really cute (and affordable) purse for a little girl. Darcy, perhaps you could include photos of how kids could use the grab bag (purse for little girls, "lego (or Squishville) transportation system," sleepover kits, car trip "fun bag," etc.
                      Last edited by enotsd; 08-22-2021, 12:59 AM.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I'm thinking about it for my bicycle maintenance kit (mini pump, spare tube, tool, tire levers, patch kit).
                        SG23 is my walk/bike commuter bag

                        Comment


                          #27
                          It sounds like it would be great for the bulkier toiletry tools - hairbrush, toothbrush, a big deodorant, any electrical items. My hairbrush floats around one of the end compartments of the Aeronaut when I travel because it doesn't fit in the standard Spiff kit. (Also, brushes and mesh panels are not friends.)
                          My partner takes her Nintendo Switch with her when she travels, so I can't hold it up to a Snake Charmer right now, but would one fit?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by marbenais View Post
                            It sounds like it would be great for the bulkier toiletry tools - hairbrush, toothbrush, a big deodorant, any electrical items. My hairbrush floats around one of the end compartments of the Aeronaut when I travel because it doesn't fit in the standard Spiff kit. (Also, brushes and mesh panels are not friends.)
                            My partner takes her Nintendo Switch with her when she travels, so I can't hold it up to a Snake Charmer right now, but would one fit?
                            That's a great idea -- I usually resort to wrapping my hairbrush in a t-shirt.
                            SG23 is my walk/bike commuter bag

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by epeterson View Post

                              That's a great idea -- I usually resort to wrapping my hairbrush in a t-shirt.
                              The travel tray is great for a hairbrush, if the brush is long, the handle can stick out of the opening, and the drawstring cinches around it.

                              Then the travel tray can be used as a "catch all" on the nightstand at your destination once the hairbrush is unpacked.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                bchaplin posted some early photos of the Grab Bag. Does anyone else have any other photos? tia!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X