Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,580   Posts: 188,313   Members: 6,539   Active Members: 284
Welcome to our newest member, tam017.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRAB bag colour ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grab Bag courtesy of Tom Bihn for my review

I have no idea what the material is... the green seems the same colour as Olive 1000 Cordura but the weave (sorry, no photo yet) appears smaller than the new Olive 1000 Cordura MCB I just bought...but I could just be wrong.
    The side panels, which are supposed to be the random mystery fabrics, seems like a similar weave & light feel/hand but is a silvery grey colour and seems to have a faint sheen.
    Sorry about the photo quality - it's night here, so its under artificial lighting. I'll try to get a photo in daylight and a close up of the weaves....
    I have a large linen towel folded & rolled and stuffed inside plus a hairbrush since folks in another thread were talking about brushes....

ETA: forgot to say, I like it! I like the colour blocking and as a fan of snake charmers, this is a cool cousin to have the solid panels and one large open body.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210825_033425641.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	335630

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210825_033437088.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	61.9 KB ID:	335631
    Last edited by G42; 08-24-2021, 09:49 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

“And thanks for the reminder about the CQPC ~ I'm adding it to our list of bags to bring back for one more run. Speaking of which: I'll be sharing some good news about the Clear Organizer Wallet soon.”

Darcy, any chance the fabric QC will also be on that list?
      Last edited by [email protected]; 08-25-2021, 02:45 PM.
      Current bags: SCB in Aubergine, Burnt Orange, Ursa / MVB in Aubergine, Ursa / LCB in Burnt Orange / PUT in Aubergine, Burnt Orange / Mini Yeoman in Aubergine / EDC in Constellation / Multiple GWOPs, Pocket Pouches, OPs

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
        ETA: forgot to say, I like it! I like the colour blocking and as a fan of snake charmers, this is a cool cousin to have the solid panels and one large open body.
        That's why I think I might try one. I liked the SC but the two slim sides didn't seem as functional as one wide area might...

Comment

any chance the fabric QC will also be on that list?
          ​​​​​​
          @[email protected] Did you mean the all fabric 3d organizing cube? I would love for that to come back one more time. I use them as mini purses in larger bags and prefer solids to halcyon.
          Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Comment

Looks like this batch of color choices are up! Besides Navy Parapack (which I believe Darcy said would be a permanent option?), we also have Wasabi 500d, Texturized Orange, Faded Leopard Print Vinyl, and Boreal Tough Stuff. Very interesting descriptions-not sure if any are for me based off of just the names, besides maybe Boreal? Not sure which colorway the example photo is supposed to be.
            Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post
              Not sure which colorway the example photo is supposed to be.
              Looks like navy parapack.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post

Agreed... Darcy had said it would be solid colour for the Navy
                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post

Oh, that's *weird*, when I first saw it there was a picture of a greenish one-it actually looked to be the same color as the one G42 posted. Guessing that's Boreal then maybe?
                  Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Oh, that's *weird*, when I first saw it there was a picture of a greenish one-it actually looked to be the same color as the one G42 posted. Guessing that's Boreal then maybe?
                    You might've caught them updating things that weren't fully live... I think Darcy mentioned elsewhere that these sneak peaks are the 'work on progress' pages

Comment

I was thinking about this too. When I go back to playing in person I was thinking of using the LGD as my Magic bag. It can fit a 80 card Boulder, a small binder with trades, dice, and a pad of paper. But I’m willing to try this one out as a compact way to carry my gear.

The specs that I saw on the Facebook group have me thinking about making a kind of trading card game bag-I play a lot of Magic the Gathering, and it looks like this could be a decent size to possibly fit a deck box (or even two), some dice and tokens and a small notepad/pen. Could be good for when I go out playing and don't want to bring my entire card collection with me. Now I just gotta see what colors are being offered for the first production run!

Comment

I wonder if it would fit a Nintendo Switch, charge cable and extra controller. If made is burnt orange and green, it would make my kid so happy he would dance! Or Swish. Because that’s what they call dancing these days. Weird kids 😂
                        * believe in magic *

Comment

Originally posted by modjow View Post
                          If made is burnt orange and green, it would make my kid so happy he would dance!
                          Incidentally, the Grab Bag page does now list an orange and green version (hope the link works).

Comment

Has a price been announced for this yet?

Comment

Originally posted by father_dawg View Post
                              Has a price been announced for this yet?
                              If you add it to your Wishlist, the price comes up as $32.
                              Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

Oooh, the product page is now updated with photos of the actual color combos that will be available! (Thank you to dirkhaun for the link that caused me to realize this.)

Comment

Working...
                                X