Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,369   Members: 6,553   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRAB bag colour ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lots more photos posted and wowzer, they did a ton of the different suggestions everyone put in for what to pack/use it for!!!

Including the Reese's PB Cups
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Oh WOW, that coffee setup-I was just reading a thread on reddit today about people travelling with coffee makers, that's such a good idea.
      Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Apologies for the double post, I was reading through the blog posts and just wanted to clarify-Boreal is going to be always offered as a colorway for the Grab Bag? It's not a limited edition color/fabric? That's awesome to hear if so.
        Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post
          Apologies for the double post, I was reading through the blog posts and just wanted to clarify-Boreal is going to be always offered as a colorway for the Grab Bag? It's not a limited edition color/fabric? That's awesome to hear if so.
          Darcy can confirm confirm, but from the blog post: "A simple but incredibly versatile new pouch made in two stock colors (Navy Parapack and Boreal Tough Stuff) and various limited quantity fabrics and colors from our collection of fabric samples."
          I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
            Grab Bag courtesy of Tom Bihn for my review

I have no idea what the material is... the green seems the same colour as Olive 1000 Cordura but the weave (sorry, no photo yet) appears smaller than the new Olive 1000 Cordura MCB I just bought...but I could just be wrong.
            The side panels, which are supposed to be the random mystery fabrics, seems like a similar weave & light feel/hand but is a silvery grey colour and seems to have a faint sheen.
            Sorry about the photo quality - it's night here, so its under artificial lighting. I'll try to get a photo in daylight and a close up of the weaves....
            I have a large linen towel folded & rolled and stuffed inside plus a hairbrush since folks in another thread were talking about brushes....

ETA: forgot to say, I like it! I like the colour blocking and as a fan of snake charmers, this is a cool cousin to have the solid panels and one large open body.

Click image for larger version Name:	PXL_20210825_033425641.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	335630

Click image for larger version Name:	PXL_20210825_033437088.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	61.9 KB ID:	335631

G42, I wonder if you could post a picture of the HLT2 and a 3DOC next to the Grab Bag?

I apologize for not being able to visualize things, just with dimensions.

Comment

Regarding the Boreal grab bag --

Love the color! However, I'm a pretty tactile person, and I really don't like the way it feels. Too abrasive for my taste. As much as I love the way it looks, I wouldn't buy a "big bag" in this due to the way it feels. Unless! Maybe this is one of those materials that is kind of like Cordura 1000D in that just takes a some use to get a nice broken in kind of feel?

Actually, it seems very similar to cordura 1000d. Is it the same thing?

Love that you guys are offering different fabrics in grab bags! Very cool of you.
              Last edited by lang; 09-08-2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Darcy - will black parapack ever be an option for grab bags? Tia

Comment

Originally posted by backpack View Post

G42, I wonder if you could post a picture of the HLT2 and a 3DOC next to the Grab Bag?

I apologize for not being able to visualize things, just with dimensions.
                  Sorry I missed this post... Unfortunately, I don't have my HLT2 with me on my trip. Perhaps moriond or someone else can do that comparison

Comment

I just received the Wasabi 500d Grab Bag and I’d love to know more about both the side panel fabric as well as the center piece. I really like the feel (hand?) of both. Could this (or any other limited material) return in a different color in the future with a different purpose?

In fact, a blog post with more details on the mystery fabrics would be amazing. It would be fascinating to learn more about what they are, how they ended up in the factory, what the original plan was, and why they were shelved.

Comment

September Grab Bag colors are posted on the website: Sunrise 1000d Texturized Nylon (very low quantity), Coffee Bean Pack Cloth (low quantity), Orange Double Wall Ripstop (medium quantity)

Comment

And we just decided today to add a fourth Grab Bag color/fabric: Lounge

You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see it. I can share it's my absolute favorite. There will be a high quantity of Lounge available.
                        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by enotsd View Post
                          Darcy - will black parapack ever be an option for grab bags? Tia
                          It's not on our list, but I'll put in a request! I could totally see people appreciating a solid Black Parapack Grab Bag.

Originally posted by BF67 View Post
                          I just received the Wasabi 500d Grab Bag and I’d love to know more about both the side panel fabric as well as the center piece. I really like the feel (hand?) of both. Could this (or any other limited material) return in a different color in the future with a different purpose?

In fact, a blog post with more details on the mystery fabrics would be amazing. It would be fascinating to learn more about what they are, how they ended up in the factory, what the original plan was, and why they were shelved.
                          I like the idea of blog posts that'd dive deeper into these various fabrics. Thing is, we don't always have the exact right details at hand for these fabrics: some of them have been on the shelf for over a decade! That said, Tom could tell you a lot about his perspective on any of these materials, and we here at the factory would also love to hear more about that.

Re: Wasabi 500d ~ we lined quite a few bags and made smaller bags with exteriors of this material for a number of years back. moriond probably has links to photos and posts of the bags offered. Wasabi is a classic TB color and 500d Cordura is a great material: who knows, maybe we'll see it return in the future.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                            And we just decided today to add a fourth Grab Bag color/fabric: Lounge
                            Nice. Is it just me or do all these colour combinations have a bit of a Seventies vibe?

Comment

Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post

Nice. Is it just me or do all these colour combinations have a bit of a Seventies vibe?
                              I can see that! Here's a pic of all of Monday's limited quantity options together, taken from this new blog post with details of the restock ~
                              https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/913-restock

Click image for larger version

Name:	september-13th-grab-bags.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	781.6 KB
ID:	336034

Comment

Also! We just brainstormed here about future Grab Bag offerings and came up with this idea ~

As we work through our sample shelves, we're also on the hunt for more small quantity fabrics that'd be interesting to offer. In the future, these could even be fabrics we'd eventually offer other bags in.... we're toying with the idea of debuting our new Cerylon fabric and colors in The Grab Bag (let us know your thoughts on that one!)⁠

Comment

Working...
                                X