Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,826   Posts: 191,311   Members: 6,699   Active Members: 269
Welcome to our newest member, Ea0423.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRAB bag colour ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• melminimalist
    replied
    I have two. One in navy parapack and one in mountain cerylon. I absolutely adore parapack material. I’m a very tactile person when it comes to fabric. The parapack just feels so right, however, I have yet to find a parapack material color that I like. Would love purple or pink parapack. The cerylon is very similar to halcyon but holds its shape more, the mountain is darker than NWS. Not sure how I feel overall about the grab bags. They fit very well at the top of TB backpacks. Time will tell!

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    I'm so glad I ordered the Black Sample 200d Halcyon...it's the 200d version of the Original (light grid on black) 400d (my favorite TB colour/fabric) and it makes me happy.
    I get why it probably wasn't picked for a full time fabric - since the lighter fabrics are also used as lining and it is pretty dark - but it's a great look/feel to me.

And the Mystery Blue Camo Neoprene is very fun

Leave a comment:

• bchaplin
    replied
    Originally posted by G42 View Post
    I don't know if I can handle the sheer variety of GB colorways being restocked on Monday

Just how many GBs can one person have!?
    The blue camo one is hypnotic. I don't think I'd be able to handle it!
    For me, I'm all set with Grab Bags, both for myself and as gifts.
    But I enjoy looking through the new colors.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    I don't know if I can handle the sheer variety of GB colorways being restocked on Monday

Just how many GBs can one person have!?

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post
    The Sangria looks really tempting. But I don't think I need any more Grab Bags right now.

But there's one empty hook on that rack....

Damn you, G42

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3878.jpg Views:	16 Size:	3.21 MB ID:	337633
    Not any more hooks left, but the Sangria Grab Bag looks nice in place,

moriond

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied

Damn you, G42

In related news, the missing USPS shipment finally arrived.
    We do our best....🙂

Looks good!
    Now maybe, you just need more hooks...😁

Leave a comment:

• dirkhaun
    replied

But there's one empty hook on that rack....
    Damn you, G42

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3878.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	337633

In related news, the missing USPS shipment finally arrived.

Leave a comment:

• craigmcclellan
    replied
    moriond Thank you so much! Above and beyond helpful!

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by craigmcclellan View Post

sturbridge What kettle is this? I’m trying to assemble (through requests for Christmas presents) a grab bag sized coffee kit, and this is the one thing I’m having trouble finding.
    craigmcclellan The discussion was in a thread titled Travel Kitchen that Cristina started in July 2020
    https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...travel-kitchen

I'll quote the section where sturbridge replied, but you should be aware that her link to the Gourmia collapsible travel kettle at Amazon shows that this product is no longer stocked. You might be able to find other Gourmia travel kettles for sale on eBay

Originally posted by sturbridge View Post

I just got this one- it folds up to about 2" thick and 5 1/2" across. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also have an immersion heater, that takes up even less room, but then you have to have access to a cup to use it.
    HTH

moriond

ETA: This Florida web site looks as though they currently stock this product:
    https://wrisan.com/product/electric-...-4-cup-gk338b/

Last edited by moriond; 12-07-2021, 10:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• craigmcclellan
    replied
    Originally posted by sturbridge View Post

As requested, G42 :

Navy parapack grab bag- Coffee/tea kit: collapsible kettle and cord, small mug, silicone container with coffee scoop, gold mug mate (for coffee or tea), disposable pour over filters, instant coffee/sugar/milk packets in a small coyote mesh ghost whale.
    sturbridge What kettle is this? I’m trying to assemble (through requests for Christmas presents) a grab bag sized coffee kit, and this is the one thing I’m having trouble finding.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Thanks for sharing this gym use... I've been using an Everyday Cubelet with grab handle instead of strap as a minimalist gym bag, but the GB would be easier for my water bottle.

Leave a comment:

• pelicularities
    replied
    I bought two Grab Bags, one in Boreal and one in Navy Parapack, without a clear idea of what they were going to be used for. I just wanted to get a feel for the fabrics. When they arrived, I thought "hmm" and set them aside for future travel.

Turns out, the Grab Bags are a great size for a mini-gym bag. On the gym floor, I'll have with me my towel, phone, locker keys, wrist wraps and lifting straps. I also need to make sure I don't forget a lock for the locker and hair ties. All of that fits nicely in the Grab Bag, with the lock/keys/hair ties clipped to a carabiner that's attached to an O-ring with a Key Strap. The Grab Bag also fits nicely in my backpack (the Evergoods CPL24, I've got a Synik 30 on the way from yesterday's restock that might compete with the CPL24) next to my shoe bag and the Side Effect, tucked inside my lifting belt.

I wasn't sure I'd love all the handles on the bag. I suppose I thought of it initially as an organizer and having four! handles on it was overkill, but they're absolutely great for what I ended up using it for. When the gym floor is busy and I have to move quickly, I can shove my stuff into the bag and grab and go on to the next gym station. In the bathroom, I can easily hang it on a hook. To make things even more fun, the top handles make it look like a tiny gym duffel.

Bonus: the Grab Bag fits exactly in the treadmill's water bottle slot.

I've ordered a Mountain Grey Cerylon Grab Bag to get a feel for the Cerylon fabric, and might replace the Boreal with one of the two lighter Grab Bags as an experiment to see which of the three fabrics I like best.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sturbridge
    replied
    Ohh, pictures please, if you have time
    As requested, G42 :

Navy parapack grab bag- Coffee/tea kit: collapsible kettle and cord, small mug, silicone container with coffee scoop, gold mug mate (for coffee or tea), disposable pour over filters, instant coffee/sugar/milk packets in a small coyote mesh ghost whale.

Red cerylon grab bag- food prep and serving kit: 2 collapsible bowls, mini salad tongs, napkins, washing cloth in small iberian travel tray (to keep clean)- travel tray can also be used to hold bread slices or small whole fruits like grapes; fold up prep surface (because picnic tables are not cleaned) is actually a sandwich wrap and can be used for leftovers, 2 ziplocs for storage, mini ghost whale with individual condiment packets, pepper mill, Y peeler, cheese grater, whisk, 2 sets of flatware, dishtowel (paktowel nano), soap, small fold up cup (for sauces and dressings), cutting board/strainer with a Bandit XL on it which holds opinel paring knife, victorinox folding bread knife, salt/pepper, bottle opener and military can opener (on the back, not visible in picture). With this I can make salads and other simple dishes while traveling.

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Originally posted by father_dawg View Post
    I just got my Sangria grab bag in, and it's a great looking little bag! Now, though, I need to figure out what to do with it. I'm eager to look through the threads to see what other uses people have found for theirs.
    I picked up a couple after I discovered I can roll them up and tuck them into a surprisingly small pocket in my PU. So for longer trips when my back won't tolerate a 13L crossbody, I'll toss my water bottle, keys, and wallet into the grab bag instead. (Amazingly, I can get a 16 oz Stanley thermos in there and still have room to spare!)

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    I received my Sangria Grab Bag on Friday, just in time for a weekend trip. It’s perfect. I have been using a small Snake Charmer as a toiletries bag but wished it didn’t have mesh sides. This Grab Bag is a little larger so not only did it hold travel-sized bottles but I also fit in a hairbrush and a small travel hairdryer. And it fits in my Paradigm.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X