Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,577   Posts: 188,303   Members: 6,534   Active Members: 278
Welcome to our newest member, QQYFodil79.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Le Grande Derriere - is it a limited run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Le Grande Derriere - is it a limited run?

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that the LGD was a limited run, but I now see that there's a section in the store for hip packs. Is the LGD actually part of the standard offerings? (hoping this is the case and that it'll continue to be restocked, as I missed out on the colour I wanted!)

Would love if they would specify that info for ALL the new bags coming out.. It's pretty important info to have so we can plan our purchases accordingly and not miss out without realizing it.

Comment

Agreed it would be great to see some roadmap of routine stocked and new coming bags.

It’s great to have occasional pre-orders and some return out of production items. But it’s getting almost impossible to plan core bag purchases, and hence very difficult to recommend Tom Bihn products, due to unclear availability - not quality of design and product, to friends and family as prospective new users.

I appreciate we’ve all gone through difficult times, and don’t want to be too negative as I very much value Tom Bihn company ethics and product range. But the direction seems to be unclear and a bit lost especially, in my opinion, for new customer base.

Comment

Originally posted by defi View Post
        I seem to recall seeing somewhere that the LGD was a limited run, but I now see that there's a section in the store for hip packs. Is the LGD actually part of the standard offerings? (hoping this is the case and that it'll continue to be restocked, as I missed out on the colour I wanted!)
        The LGd will be a standard offering for the foreseeable future... it's just too darn popular not to offer it going forward!

Which color were you hoping for?

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
        Would love if they would specify that info for ALL the new bags coming out.. It's pretty important info to have so we can plan our purchases accordingly and not miss out without realizing it.
        Good point. I do think with everything that's been going on that we haven't been as on-it with offering updates about colors, fabrics, the continued availability (or not) of new designs, etc. and there's lots of room for improvement on that.

Part of it for us is that, with our limited and in-demand production capacity, it's helpful if we can devote that capacity to the most popular bags. That means that with some new designs we might need to wait and see how much they resonate with everyone before committing to making additional batches. The LGD was one of those, but then it became clear that it would be popular enough to continue to offer it, and at that point is when we could've shared that news.

Will think more on the best way to share that info.

Originally posted by BigBadD View Post
        Agreed it would be great to see some roadmap of routine stocked and new coming bags.

It’s great to have occasional pre-orders and some return out of production items. But it’s getting almost impossible to plan core bag purchases, and hence very difficult to recommend Tom Bihn products, due to unclear availability - not quality of design and product, to friends and family as prospective new users.

I appreciate we’ve all gone through difficult times, and don’t want to be too negative as I very much value Tom Bihn company ethics and product range. But the direction seems to be unclear and a bit lost especially, in my opinion, for new customer base.
        Feedback noted and thank you for sharing it with us!

Just to recap where we're at: it can be tough for us to hold back new designs, vintage reissues, or even bringing back bags from retirement, especially when we think they may answer a need or request. Plus, it's just really fun to put our creative work out into the world and see if and how it resonates with folks. That, combined with a bunch of pent-up bag design energy, means we've been releasing/debuting quite a lot this year, at the same time we've been working hard to catch up stocking our regular offerings.

These are topics we've been discussing and debating and checking in on internally as well, at the same time as we've been hiring additional crew and buying new sewing machines to help increase production capacity. We've sorted out releases for the remainder of 2021 and the primary focus after this month's pre-order will be making bags for restocks (although there could be one more vintage reissue offered for pre-order before the end of the year!)

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I'm excited to hear that the LGD is here to stay. I can't emphasize enough how pleased I was with the fit, functionality, and comfort of the bag. I used it all over the place, both when shopping and when hiking, when my husband and I were in Colorado this past June.

Comment

Will it be available in Wilderness again or is that option gone permanently?
            Black/Island Synapse 19, Black/Steel, 13" Ristretto, Indigo BB, Island LSB, Black SSB, Sitka SSB, Seapine P.I.K.A, Sitka STT, Sitka SSC

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post

The LGd will be a standard offering for the foreseeable future... it's just too darn popular not to offer it going forward!

Which color were you hoping for?
              Thanks for the response, Darcy! Glad that it's going to be a standard offering-- I was torn between Nebulous Grey and Ursa, but since Night Walk has been added to the In Production, I guess I just have more deciding to do, hah.

Comment

Originally posted by aryabird View Post
                Will it be available in Wilderness again or is that option gone permanently?
                The LGD will be available in Wilderness again! That was definitely a popular color. We're just waiting on our next shipment of Wilderness to arrive, which should be by the middle-end of September. After that, we'll order Wilderness in the next batch of LGDs that we make.
                Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post

The LGD will be available in Wilderness again! That was definitely a popular color. We're just waiting on our next shipment of Wilderness to arrive, which should be by the middle-end of September. After that, we'll order Wilderness in the next batch of LGDs that we make.
                  Yay! Thanks!
                  Black/Island Synapse 19, Black/Steel, 13" Ristretto, Indigo BB, Island LSB, Black SSB, Sitka SSB, Seapine P.I.K.A, Sitka STT, Sitka SSC

Comment

Working...
                  X