Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,950   Posts: 193,073   Members: 6,829   Active Members: 295
Welcome to our newest member, JuniorCyclist.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's the deal with a dedicated Kindle bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhowie
    replied
    Originally posted by Just View Post
    Don't forget about the TB Sleeves for Amazon Kindle 2, which the Kindle 3s should find equally comfortable.
    Yes..."TB Sleeves for Amazon Kindle 2" = "Medium Padded Organizer Pouch". That is the solution I am currently going with.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Just
    replied
    Don't forget about the TB Sleeves for Amazon Kindle 2, which the Kindle 3s should find equally comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• BPritchard
    replied
    Small Cafe Bag

I purchased the small cafe bag for my wife to carry her Kindle(enclosed in the Amazon leather cover). Fits with a little extra room for other things, such as charger and light.
    In my opinion, the perfect Kindle bag.

Leave a comment:

• rabergnc
    replied
    Originally posted by mhowie View Post
    Then I would recommend tabling the idea (sounds as if it already has been). The Kindle is sold for a fraction of the iPad's price-- different pricing dynamics in play.
    I have to say I agree with this sentiment. The Kindle travels pretty well in most any bag and really does not require a dedicated sack. A cache for the Kindle would be a nice, cost effective way to offer protection for the device. (Of course one could simply use a cache for ipad or netbook for the Kindle - they would work but the fit would likely not be optimal for the latest version of the device.)

Leave a comment:

• mhowie
    replied
    Then I would recommend tabling the idea (sounds as if it already has been). The Kindle is sold for a fraction of the iPad's price-- different pricing dynamics in play.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    It's unlikely a bag for the Kindle similar to the Ristretto for iPad would be much or any less expensive than that bag.

Leave a comment:

• mhowie
    replied
    MaggieScratch- scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Thanks for the push. :-)

Darcy- that is unfortunate. In the interim I am going to use a Medium Padded Organizer Pouch from an earlier order and transfer its contents to a Medium Clear Organizer Pouch which wasn't seeing much action. -- And...regarding your suggestion...the Ristretto for iPad is nearly the price of a Kindle!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by mhowie View Post
    If Tom is bringing such a product to market soon I might wait and hold off purchasing a different carrying case until his is available.
    Not anytime soon -- sorry! Tom's design list is so long right now that I don't have any idea when we'd see a dedicated Kindle bag. The Ristretto for iPad, while not a perfect fit for the Kindle 3, does fit it pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• MaggieScratch
    replied
    Piece of advice: don't wait. You will kick yourself when you see how much you enjoy your reader.

Leave a comment:

• mhowie
    started a topic So what's the deal with a dedicated Kindle bag?

So what's the deal with a dedicated Kindle bag?

I am about to pull the trigger on a Kindle 3 and saw reference to the note regarding bags specific for the Kindle to debut late this year. As it is now "late this year", what timing/options can we expect? If Tom is bringing such a product to market soon I might wait and hold off purchasing a different carrying case until his is available.

Thanks,

Howie
Working...
X